Sony Xperia 1 III Compability
6610 21 2021-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain_Gronsak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57749 ft
Sweden

So I recently switched phone to a Sony Xperia 1 III and when I tried connecting it to the remote for the first time I discovered that it doesn't seem to work at all.
It does only charge for a short while and the seems to lose connection and the cycles through the same thing indefinitely.
I'm guessing this is since it's not officially supported, are there any plans on supporting later Xperia phones?
2021-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Captain_Gronsak. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 III ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 III will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.
2021-8-19
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

I was using Xperia XZ2 and now I have Xperia 5 mark 2, they both work well. It must be some setting issue I guess.
2021-8-19
Use props
Irlandaise
lvl.1

Russia

Good day! I also have DJI Air 2S not seeing my Sony Xperia 1 III phone. I ask DJI not to stand still and develop together with modern phones. I ask you to make the DJI Air 2S and Sony Xperia 1 III work as soon as possible.
DJI Air 2S works with Sony Xperia 1 I and Sony Xperia 1 II.
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y
New
Flight distance : 38294 ft
United Kingdom

I have a Mini 2. Initially used with a Sony Xperia 1ii, these xperia fine.
I upgraded to an Xperia 1iii, this does not work with the Mini 2. Updated app but the phone does not recognise the controller.
This is down to the output bandwidth in the 1iii.

A USB type C to A OTG adaptor and an A to C USB cable rectifies the issue. I can now use my 1iii with my Mini 2 albeit with an adaptor and new lead which can't be stored in the controller like standard.
2021-9-27
Use props
djiuser_ZIvr7mUlXIdu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Canada

Same problem here DJI need to update this asap!!! It's been 3 month now.
2021-10-15
Use props
djiuser_0P0YAcj2t0K3
New
Flight distance : 20787 ft
Taiwan

I have same problem …air2s & sony 1 iii
2021-10-16
Use props
R82G
New

Germany

Hi, i have the same issue. Xperia 1 ii works, the iii doesn't. Its basically the same phone, with some upgrades. Having a DJI drone and not being able to use it with a own new phone is not what I call a good customer experience. When will we have a solution @DJIStephen?
2021-10-17
Use props
R82G
New

Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-19 01:50
Hello there Captain_Gronsak. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 III ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 III will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

Hi, what is the reason for Xperia 1iii not being "qualified" for using it with DJI drones?
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_ZIvr7mUlXIdu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1348 ft
Canada

djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y Posted at 9-27 12:13
I upgraded to an Xperia 1iii, this does not work with the Mini 2. Updated app but the phone does not recognise the controller.

Can you post a picture of your set up?
2021-10-19
Use props
Ian in London
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-19 01:50
Hello there Captain_Gronsak. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Upon checking the said mobile device ( Sony Xperia 1 III ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Sony Xperia 1 III will be able to work on the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it on the DJI Mavic Air 2. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads ). In addition, rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you.

HI Stephen.  Given that the Experia 1 lll is one of the most top-end and capable phones available, this really needs resolving. I think the issue is the 'auto-charging' that the remote is trying to charge the phone, and the phone's charging system isn't satisfied with the power.  I get this same issue when trying to charge the phone with an old charger.
Is there any way to stop the phone charging element in the app for Android on the Air 2S?

2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

R82G Posted at 10-17 10:50
Hi, i have the same issue. Xperia 1 ii works, the iii doesn't. Its basically the same phone, with some upgrades. Having a DJI drone and not being able to use it with a own new phone is not what I call a good customer experience. When will we have a solution @DJIStephen?

Hi, there. The devices which are not on the support list doesn't mean they can not work well with our Application, since there are thousands of devices on the market, our engineers might not possible to test all of them. So it still needs to be verified in practical use. We will highly recommend you using a recommended mobile device listed on our official website to avoid any issues and problems. However, we care much about your feedback on this issue, we will tranfer it to the relevant engineer, thank for your understanding and support.
2021-10-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ian in London Posted at 10-19 22:21
HI Stephen.  Given that the Experia 1 lll is one of the most top-end and capable phones available, this really needs resolving. I think the issue is the 'auto-charging' that the remote is trying to charge the phone, and the phone's charging system isn't satisfied with the power.  I get this same issue when trying to charge the phone with an old charger.
Is there any way to stop the phone charging element in the app for Android on the Air 2S?

Hi, there. I'm sorry to inform you that you cannot turn off the remote control to charge your Android device while connecting to the DJI App. That's because according to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current needs to be maintained during communication. So when connecting to the Android device, it will always charge the Android device with the 5V 500mA specification. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-10-19
Use props
Jaste
New

Denmark

I really do hope this gets resolved - The screen quality of the 1 III is amazing to use with the Drone, so i would sure hope there is a fix for this anytime soon
2021-10-26
Use props
dsevilla3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287392 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y Posted at 9-27 12:13

Has anyone else confirmed if this works?
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_ZIvr7mUlXIdu Posted at 10-19 13:02
Can you post a picture of your set up?

This is what I bought and use. It's also what I need for it to work with Android auto in the car as I get the same issue with lack of connection otherwise.
Screenshot_20211103-082428~2.png
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_VtOl11RKuS4Y
New
United Kingdom

With the latest software update to 61.0.A.15.35 which my phone updated to last week, the Mini 2 controller now works with the 1iii.
2021-11-3
Use props
Captain_Gronsak
lvl.1
Sweden

Also have 61.0.A.15.35 running on my phone, no changes for the Mavic Air 2 controller as far as I can tell. The phone is still unable to pair with the remote without applying any workarounds (which I haven't tried for now), still have to keep my old phone around just to be able to use the drone.
2021-11-3
Use props
djiuser_K0jsPChoKOT0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62654 ft
  • >>>
Finland

It does not work. Had the phone from release, and you still havent been able to get the software to work with Sony Xperia 1 III. How hard can it be? How is this android model so different, you can't get it to work. I am not gonna carry a extra phone with me just for flying.

This is some poor customer service.
2021-11-12
Use props
AshKunDou
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53219 ft
United Kingdom

UK User here, I got through an update today for the Sony Xperia. Happy to say and can 100% confirm, the Sony Xperia 1 III now WORKS with the DJI Fly App and Drone just fine. Thank God for that!
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_apc1rWgS1vlH
New

Greece

Irlandaise Posted at 9-20 02:35
Good day! I also have DJI Air 2S not seeing my Sony Xperia 1 III phone. I ask DJI not to stand still and develop together with modern phones. I ask you to make the DJI Air 2S and Sony Xperia 1 III work as soon as possible.
DJI Air 2S works with Sony Xperia 1 I and Sony Xperia 1 II.

Hello, I can tell you that the fly app doesn't work very good with Sony xperia 1ii... I want to make dji fix this cause this phones are great for create things but this.... Come on dji. Unexpected. A 1000+ euro phone must work with all apps. FIX IT!
2021-12-12
Use props
Captain_Gronsak
lvl.1
Sweden

As of OS version 61.0.A.23.20 and app version 1.5.4 the remote now actually connects to my Xperia 1 III.
Haven't been out and flown it yet but it is atleast connecting and giving me a video feed.
2021-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules