507 2 2021-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it's Asteroid (in quickshots) that zooms out and then creates the mini-globe - that's what I'm talking about anyway.

I have the latest versions of all firmware and software on the ac, rc and batteries.  Running iOS 14.7.1 on an iPhone 12 Pro Max.

This set up has been great, I fly a couple times a week just for fun.  But a week ago I tried an asteroid shot, and when I tried to view it, it started downloading, said it was complete, then started processing, then back to downloading, then the app crashed.  I started the app back up (and landed the drone), then tried to download the quickshot again - same results.

I tried a new quickshot (with different cables, because why not) - it also crashed the app the first time, the second time it just hung at a black screen until I force quit the app.

I'm using a Samsung EVO select u3 card (tried 2 of them) and tried them formatted with the same results, so I don't think it's an issue with SD card.

I can put the sd card in a reader and imported the quickshot onto my iPad, and it plays fine (proof at the end of the attached video).   

So, anyone else have this issue - I think it's been a year since I did an asteroid quick shot, and I'm guessing that like me a lot of you prefer to do your own camera work, but I'd be interested in the results if any of you get a chance to test this.  Thanks.

2021-8-19
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The end Asteroid clip was highly interesting. It's not clear if this was an old video? Are you saying your new attempts are not working?
2021-8-20
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I copied that asteroid clip from the sd card via adapter to my ipad.  It is a quickshot that I took but would not transfer from the ac.  The quickshot works up to the point you try and view it, it stiches itself together but crashes/fails during the download phase.  I think it's either an iOS thing, or Go4 thing, since those are what do the heavy lifting.

Or, I'm set to do h.265 video, I know this will not transfer directly to my iOS device - (even though iOS now supports h.265, and it transfers fine via adaptor from the sd card) - I don't think the quickshots are saved in the h.265 format, but I'm going to experiment this afternoon.
EDIT: I switched over to h.264 and still have all the same issues.  Anyone on Android or an older version of iOS want to give this a test?
2021-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules