• >>>
Netherlands

Its august and there is still no new firmware. When will it come out
2021-8-19
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Not sure when or if there will be a new firmware. I have been mostly content with the camera, however I wouldn't mind if they still did some updates, such as upgrading the ActiveTrack on 4K or adding a webcam support. How cool would it be to take part in a Zoom/Teams/Discord etc. meeting and move around the camera, with the camera following you automatically during the meet? Can't remember seeing any other webcam do that.
2021-8-19
Use props
Japan Potato
lvl.4
Germany

I hope we get real HDR video for 4K60 and not just the fake one, with the huge crop, like now. And also the well known audio issue between different files when it splits files on a long recording is annoying. I hope DJI will put some effort into it and not just give us those features in the next DJI Pocket 3. But I keep my hopes low, most companies nowadays are more profit oriented than anything else. Why fix issues and release new features on existing hardware if you can just implement it in a new camera and charge 400-500 bucks again…
2021-8-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Alien433. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information when will be the next firmware update for the DJI Pocket 2 and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-8-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 8-19 11:02
Not sure when or if there will be a new firmware. I have been mostly content with the camera, however I wouldn't mind if they still did some updates, such as upgrading the ActiveTrack on 4K or adding a webcam support. How cool would it be to take part in a Zoom/Teams/Discord etc. meeting and move around the camera, with the camera following you automatically during the meet? Can't remember seeing any other webcam do that.

Webcam support would be a huge plus.  
2021-8-20
Use props
djiuser_wpte84WsGrck
lvl.2
Finland

Will you address real issues such as this?

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D765&page=1

Peter
2021-8-20
Use props
kfh
lvl.2
Denmark

Japan Potato Posted at 8-19 16:32
I hope we get real HDR video for 4K60 and not just the fake one, with the huge crop, like now. And also the well known audio issue between different files when it splits files on a long recording is annoying. I hope DJI will put some effort into it and not just give us those features in the next DJI Pocket 3. But I keep my hopes low, most companies nowadays are more profit oriented than anything else. Why fix issues and release new features on existing hardware if you can just implement it in a new camera and charge 400-500 bucks again…

Japan Photo posted: I hope we get real HDR video for 4K60 and not just the fake one, with the huge crop, like now. [cut...]

I would be fine with 25 fps (50 Hz mains/PAL country) or 30 fps (60Hz mains countries) HDR10, but I do not have high hopes.

Currently my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (from 2019) is capable of delivering h265, 10 bit, HDR10 in my preferred speed 25fps at 275-290 megabit/second in FilMic Pro.

Why would I try to use my Pocket 2 (or the better, much older Osmo Pocket I also own) delivering h264 with puny (!!) 80-100 megabit/second controlled from my Galaxy Note 10+, that runs rings around the pocket in FiLMiC Pro (also available for iPhones - there I get h265 150+ megabit/second in Dolby 10 HDR, 10 bit), unless I absolutely was forced to use a Gimbal.

But... but... but then a far cheaper Gimbal from a looot of acceptable manufacturers can be used with my smartphone (nobody would use the Gimbal software to control the smartphone via a badly maintained and extremely limited manufacturer smartphone APP), when the FiLMiC Pro App can control the Gimbal (several models) instead. DJI simply have lost their "edge".

It's sad, that DJI seems to completely ignore the needs of their gimbal product users.

Happily, there are far higher quality options available, by completely ignoring the Osmo Pocket/Pocket 2 offerings. 10-bit BT.2020 HEVC h265 HDR10 recordings at 275 or more megabits/second, simply outclasses the max 100 megabit/second 8-bit h264 BT.709 quality delivered from the DJI critters. It's the difference between being blind (DJI) or blinded (HDR10 at up to 1000 nits peak). Comparing the qualities delivered are not easy, but on a good, even certified 30(10) bit HDR monitor, the FiLMiC Pro output on my Samsung Note 10+ would require something akin to 400-500 megabit/second in h264. Or thereabouts.

Regards

2021-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules