Problem with RTK Module of the M2EA
2842 10 2021-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mortaza
lvl.2
Germany

Hi
The RTK Module of my M2EA does not connect.
It also do not show any signs of connecting.
I have contacted Dji support , the told to install beta version of the pilot app.
But the problem persists.
Donyou have any solution?
2021-8-19
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

No solution but I have experienced the same issue. No way to get the RTK module to connect to any NTRIP server no matter what I tried. See this post.
2021-8-20
Use props
Mortaza
lvl.2
Finland

Bioluminous Posted at 8-20 18:14
No solution but I have experienced the same issue. No way to get the RTK module to connect to any NTRIP server no matter what I tried. See this post.

Hi,Do you think that the RTK problem will be solved by future updates?
2021-8-20
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mortaza Posted at 8-20 21:05
Hi,Do you think that the RTK problem will be solved by future updates?

I think it could be fixed with an update to the pilot app. It may have already been fixed in the beta.
2021-8-20
Use props
Mortaza
lvl.2
Finland

Bioluminous Posted at 8-20 21:24
I think it could be fixed with an update, but given DJI’s track record for significant update delays / or simply never updating, I would not anticipate any progress with this issue for a long time if at all.

May I ask you what you enter as Mounpoint in RTK menu setting?
My RTK module do not show any try for connecting and conversing , after long time it just show not connected in status and numbers of connected GPS in NTRIP network is permanetly zero.
2021-8-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible that service is not fully available in your location?
2021-8-20
Use props
Mortaza
lvl.2
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 8-20 22:25
Is it possible that service is not fully available in your location?

How can I test that?
2021-8-20
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Mortaza Posted at 8-20 21:34
May I ask you what you enter as Mounpoint in RTK menu setting?
My RTK module do not show any try for connecting and conversing , after long time it just show not connected in status and numbers of connected GPS in NTRIP network is permanetly zero.

The mountpoint setting will be different depending on the NTRIP you are using. For example, if you are using rtk2go, look for a station near you and enter that name in the mountpoint. You can find a list of rtk2go stations here.

I tried using rtk2go service in addition to my state's private service. When I tried rtk2go, it would connect but the pilot app would immediately crash and would continue to crash until I removed the RTK module from the aircraft. When I tried using a private NTRIP, with the same settings I use with other RTK drones, the connection would fail frequently and I was never actually able to take off, even after waiting through a few batteries.

I think it's necessary to make sure the format is RTCM 3.2, otherwise it's not going to work.

2021-8-22
Use props
Mortaza
lvl.2
Germany

Bioluminous Posted at 8-22 08:18
The mountpoint setting will be different depending on the NTRIP you are using. For example, if you are using rtk2go, look for a station near you and enter that name in the mountpoint. You can find a list of rtk2go stations here.

I tried using rtk2go service in addition to my state's private service. When I tried rtk2go, it would connect but the pilot app would immediately crash and would continue to crash until I removed the RTK module from the aircraft. When I tried using a private NTRIP, with the same settings I use with other RTK drones, the connection would fail frequently and I was never actually able to take off, even after waiting through a few batteries.

A few days ago I tried to test it again with mountpoint that received from Ntrip service provider.But now it showed "Connecting To Server Failed" next to status in RTK menu.
2021-8-23
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, I have been unable to get a successful connection at all. The furthest I got was "RTK connected. RTK data converging". I've let it sit out in very open view of the sky, no metal objects around, excellent WiFi connection, excellent network connection, excellent connection to the RTK caster. Tried many different casters, all with the recommended RTCM 3.2 format. Some casters end up crashing the Pilot App immediately upon connection. In those cases in order to get to the RTK settings screen I have to turn off WiFi, change the RTK mountpoint, then reactivate WiFi.
I contacted DJI in CA USA and they were able to provide me with a protected link to the beta pilot app. It is supposed to fix being able to connect to NTRIP networks that use RTCM 3.0 / 3.1 formats. So hopefully it will also fix my issue with connecting to 3.2.

If anyone is able to successfully use RTK and feel like sharing their experience that would be awesome. It would help pinpoint what the issue is.
2021-8-25
Use props
DJI Flight Ops
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So I was successful with my first RTK flight!

Here's what I did: using the standard (non-beta) latest version of DJI Pilot, I turned on RTK positioning in the RTK submenu. I entered the IP, port, username, password and mountpoint to a caster in my network that is about 10 miles away. The RTK connected right away but stayed at the same RTK data converging message we're all used to seeing. So I turned off RTK positioning, launched and ascended to 30 feet or so for 30 seconds. I tried turning on RTK positioning while airborne but it gave me the message that I needed to stop the motors first. So I landed, turned on RTK positioning, and the data converged and the top of the screen now showed RTK positioning! I launched and flew for 10 minutes going straight up to 400 feet, turning in place and hovering. Then I descended and landed in literally the exact same spot - no change with the position - not even a tiny bit. Super impressed! I launched again and flew around at lower altitudes, maybe 20 feet and after awhile, it lost RTK positioning and reverted to GPS.

I don't know why it lost RTK positioning but at least now I know it does actually work!

For reference, I am using my state's NTRIP service for which I was granted a login. There are casters all over the state and I selected one that was closest to me. I also made sure I selected the correct format, RTCM 3.2. The casters I use have the ability to transmit different formats and that can be changed with the mountpoint name. I tried using the free rtk2go service but since there was not a caster very close to me, or even in my state, that may have been the issue. Also, the format may not have been correct.

So, I think it's important to note that if you have a legit caster login you will be able to get this to work. I have used other RTK drones but they were set up for me already so I don't know what the settings were or what casters they were using. This was my first experience with setting RTK up myself and I am ashamed to admit that I really don't understand the process very well.
2021-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules