Severe image wobble and vibrations on RS2
4732 3 2021-8-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twan
New

United Kingdom

I am having severe image wobble / vibration issues with my brand new RS2 Pro Combo. I’m shooting on a RED Komodo with Leica R stills lenses. So far I have tried:

- Taking off everything on the RS2, including monitor, magic arm to hold the monitor, ronin focus system.
- Tightening all axis knobs by lifting and rotating the knob.
- Shooting with and without SDI cable attached.
- Reducing / increasing RS2 stiffness by increments of 5.
- Reducing motor strength.
- Adding a bit of tape between the lens and mount of the camera to eliminate any minimal movement that was still possible.
- Filming with different lenses.
- Filming with an Sony A7S instead of a Komodo (to rule out that the camera is the problem)

Please help me with any solutions, this is very urgent to me, as I am shooting a feature film and the image is just completely unusable. Attached is a video that shows the problem in a very extreme form and in a less extreme form, but both are unusable for our purpose.

I also tried downgrading the firmware, which seems to minimise but not eliminate the problem. Is there any other possible solutions that I can try out ASAP?

Thank you for reading!

https://vimeo.com/589338946

https://vimeo.com/589351317

2021-8-19
Use props
spencerkm
lvl.1

Canada

Have you tried in SuperSmooth mode and related to that, have you tried using the lens support and the lens strap (so the lens is supported from the bottom and also strapped down from the top)? It's my understanding that there needs to be absolutely zero wiggle if you hold the camera firmly and try to wiggle the end of the lens -- I believe this is what causes micro-jitters/vibrations.
Is the plate attached to the komodo nice and tight?
I don't necessarily think those things will fix your issue entirely, but I've read they may help.

I'm also curious if you've adjusted the deadband and follow speed. It looks like the deadband isn't large enough and the follow speed is a bit fast for my preference, but it's hard to tell and can just be how you're operating it in these shots.
2021-8-21
Use props
JZzj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2201 ft
Georgia

Hello. I also had this problem that everyone has an RS2. I have installed this update v01.02.00.30 the problem has been fixed with
2022-2-1
Use props
JZzj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2201 ft
Georgia

Hello. I also had this problem that everyone has an RS2. I have installed this update v01.02.00.30 the problem has been fixed with
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules