New Mavic Pro with Dead batteries
938 12 2021-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I purchased a Mavic Pro just before COVID struck. We have been sheltering in place this entire time as I am high risk. I just opened the box yesterday and the batterties will not charge.

I contacted support and they simply said, the batteries were stored too long. They will no longer work.

Any suggestions?
2021-8-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If you double press the battery does it not come on?
2021-8-20
Use props
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 8-20 16:38
If you double press the battery does it not come on?

A double press, press and hold, nothing turns on the battery lights.

When I put the battery on the charging tree the charger light turns green for 1 second, then turns red. I left the batteries on the charger overnight with no change.
2021-8-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

jerryr Posted at 8-20 16:43
A double press, press and hold, nothing turns on the battery lights.

When I put the battery on the charging tree the charger light turns green for 1 second, then turns red. I left the batteries on the charger overnight with no change.

Are you using the charging hub? connect battery directly to cable - no hub, if that fails then Yeah maybe the batteries are done for.
2021-8-20
Use props
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 8-20 17:31
Are you using the charging hub? connect battery directly to cable - no hub, if that fails then Yeah maybe the batteries are done for.

Ok. I just plugged one of the batteries directly to the charging cable. I will let it sit overnight and see if there are any changes. What is an indication to look for that the battery is charging?

2021-8-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

jerryr Posted at 8-20 18:10
Ok. I just plugged one of the batteries directly to the charging cable. I will let it sit overnight and see if there are any changes. What is an indication to look for that the battery is charging?

The battery lights should come on after a few seconds
2021-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please leave the said batteries on the charging cable for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists. You may test it by pressing the power button after the said timeframe. Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-20
Use props
jerryr
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-20 20:36
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Kindly please leave the said batteries on the charging cable for approximately 2-3 hours and check if the issue persists. You may test it by pressing the power button after the said timeframe. Please keep us posted. Thank you!

Thanks! After 4-5 hours connected directly to the charging cable the lights do not turn on when pressing the button on the battery.
2021-8-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Covid struck about 1.5 years ago. How long were the batteries in "storage"? Maybe leave them on the charger for a day or three... or more ;-)
2021-8-20
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

jerryr Posted at 8-20 21:06
Thanks! After 4-5 hours connected directly to the charging cable the lights do not turn on when pressing the button on the battery.

Unfortunately, that is a sign that the batteries are actually dead.  
2021-8-21
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

you need to 'shock' the batteries back to life.  I'm sure there has to be some youtube videos about doing such a thing.
But, I'm also sure DJI will just say, buy new ones.  Problem is, they don't make them anymore!  And they are hard to find.
Everything I've looked at so far, are for used ones, or batteries made by another company.
2021-8-21
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks! After 4-5 hours connected directly to the charging cable the lights do not turn on when pressing the button on the battery.

If you do have to buy new batteries you'll be lucky to find genuine dji replacements, and if you do Youl need a sence of humour when you see the price.
I have two genuine batteries and three 3rd party batteries  which have round about 30/40 charges on them with absolutely no problems whatsoever, maybe I've been lucky but ii would buy them again if I had to. This is the type I have.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Suit-Fo ... 0N%7Campid
2021-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the trouble. In this case, you can send the said battery to us if you still have the original warranty on it. If the warranty already expires, you may want to check if there is an available battery using the link below. Thank you for your understanding and support!

https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy/retail-stores
2021-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules