1000 23 2021-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068376 ft
Bangladesh

Hello there!

I am on Fly v1.4.8 (1120) installed on an Android. I have turned on the AirSense (ADS-B) feature in the Safety menu but have yet to get a notification. Today I noticed a commercial airliner that was far away from the drone but not that far to not issue an alert by the AirSense. I am flying in Asia.

Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?
2021-8-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not all aircraft are on ADSB.
2021-8-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?"

AirSense is only operational in the US at present, AFAIK.
2021-8-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

On the Air2S Airsense should work for every country. Mine works here in NZ. A lot of Aircrafts do not transmit ADSB as Hallmark mentioned hence why you possibly cannot pick it up when flying.
2021-8-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, only the Mavic Air 2 aircraft released in the United States/Canada have a build-in ADS-B system. We are sorry that the ADS-B function is now unavailable for the aircraft sold in other regions. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for more information in the future, or leave your mailbox. We will notify you by email once we have received any notifications. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-20
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Suren Posted at 8-20 16:34
On the Air2S Airsense should work for every country. Mine works here in NZ. A lot of Aircrafts do not transmit ADSB as Hallmark mentioned hence why you possibly cannot pick it up when flying.

A commercial airliner can not turn off its transponder unless intentionally I guess. It should have picked up the manned aircraft as it was in the vicinity. I will have to check and corroborate with the flightradar24 next time I think.

Thanks for the meaningful reply Suren.
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

hallmark007 Posted at 8-20 14:36
Not all aircraft are on ADSB.

Thanks. I am well aware of that. But this was a commercial airliner.
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Geebax Posted at 8-20 14:44
"Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?"

AirSense is only operational in the US at present, AFAIK.

Not true sir. On YouTub I have seen the many Air 2 (those had airsense built-in for US) worked in Canada and other countries outside America. But the Air 2S is a different issue since DJI officially featured every Air 2S with AirSense & marketed it featuring that as well, it should work like every other function unless there is a country restriction or DJI did it intentionally. That will be horrible.
2021-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-21 02:53
Not true sir. On YouTub I have seen the many Air 2 (those had airsense built-in for US) worked in Canada and other countries outside America. But the Air 2S is a different issue since DJI officially featured every Air 2S with AirSense & marketed it featuring that as well, it should work like every other function unless there is a country restriction or DJI did it intentionally. That will be horrible.

Based on DJI Paladin's reply above could it be that AirSense is currently disabled in the Air 2S firmware?
2021-8-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

Geebax Posted at 8-20 14:44
"Does AirSense work only in specific countries? Or is there a detection range for this to work?"

AirSense is only operational in the US at present, AFAIK.

Thats not true at all! There are several reports of ADS-B issuing alerts on several european countrys.
2021-8-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-20 20:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, only the Mavic Air 2 aircraft released in the United States/Canada have a build-in ADS-B system. We are sorry that the ADS-B function is now unavailable for the aircraft sold in other regions. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for more information in the future, or leave your mailbox. We will notify you by email once we have received any notifications. Thank you for your understanding and support!

So you mean DJI is false advertising a product? Thats a big issue!
Because where i live DJI Air 2s is advertised as having ADS-B....
We even have an option to turn it on or off on the DJI fly app.
Do you mean its there but its not working???
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Miguel Leitao Posted at 8-21 05:19
Thats not true at all! There are several reports of ADS-B issuing alerts on several european countrys.

So I hope. It will be so frustrating if the AirSense is disabled for my country by DJI
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Alright! Good News! AirSense is working but the audible voice is too low, probably my mobile device issue. Thanks to all!
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-20 20:33
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Currently, only the Mavic Air 2 aircraft released in the United States/Canada have a build-in ADS-B system. We are sorry that the ADS-B function is now unavailable for the aircraft sold in other regions. Please stay tuned to DJI's official website for more information in the future, or leave your mailbox. We will notify you by email once we have received any notifications. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thanks DJI Paladin. It has been solved.
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

Miguel Leitao Posted at 8-21 05:23
So you mean DJI is false advertising a product? Thats a big issue!
Because where i live DJI Air 2s is advertised as having ADS-B....
We even have an option to turn it on or off on the DJI fly app.

I think he mixed up Air 2 with 2S
2021-8-21
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

ADS-B is working worldwide in Air2S, but in Europe little people use ADS-B yet, airplanes are still in the transitional period, just like drones and won't be mandatory till 2023-25 or so.

Only one plane in my area has ADS-B, the others, including the hospital chopper, and the firefighter planes/choppers doesn't.

I have it on with maximum distance warning, wich tells you about incoming low altitud planes from 5Km or so. It is quite useful as you see the plane pretty quickly and you have plenty of time to move out of the way.
2021-8-21
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Portugal

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 8-21 11:50
ADS-B is working worldwide in Air2S, but in Europe little people use ADS-B yet, airplanes are still in the transitional period, just like drones and won't be mandatory till 2023-25 or so.

Only one plane in my area has ADS-B, the others, including the hospital chopper, and the firefighter planes/choppers doesn't.

You can choose the distance of the warning????Does the drone need to be flying for the warning to appear or it also appears if the drone us on the ground?
2021-8-21
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

Miguel Leitao Posted at 8-21 13:32
You can choose the distance of the warning????Does the drone need to be flying for the warning to appear or it also appears if the drone us on the ground?

If you click on the minimap and do it bigger you can chose the alert distance between three options, I chose the farthest one because I live on a relatively unpopulated area, so there's not many planes flying around. On more populated areas maybe that one is too annoying.

Only had 3 or 4 prompts since I bought it, and allways seemed to be the same plane. Allways cought me on the air, so idk if it works landed.

I'm quite happy on the way it works, but it's a pitty that not many planes use it yet.
2021-8-21
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-21 02:48
Thanks. I am well aware of that. But this was a commercial airliner.

...which fly at considerable altitudes under air traffic control.
2021-8-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find it to be useless right now. It alerts only on Commercial Jets who are very high up and not on helicopters that are buzzing right above me.
2021-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

dreamtuner Posted at 8-21 09:27
Thanks DJI Paladin. It has been solved.

Thank you for your response. We're glad that you already manage to isolate the issue. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-8-21
Use props
dreamtuner
Second Officer
Bangladesh

BrianKushner Posted at 8-21 21:56
I find it to be useless right now. It alerts only on Commercial Jets who are very high up and not on helicopters that are buzzing right above me.

Not all aircraft are equipped with ADS-B. If it is a military copter then more than likely it won't show up on your Fly app or apps like Flightradar24, even if the aircraft is equipped with ADS-B.

I live near a military installation where copters are always flying around without any publicly broadcasted ID, but only the training copters are actually showing up on the flightradar24 sometimes.
2021-8-23
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

dreamtuner Posted at 8-23 03:34
Not all aircraft are equipped with ADS-B. If it is a military copter then more than likely it won't show up on your Fly app or apps like Flightradar24, even if the aircraft is equipped with ADS-B.

I live near a military installation where copters are always flying around without any publicly broadcasted ID, but only the training copters are actually showing up on the flightradar24 sometimes.

I referring to commercial Choppers.
2021-10-2
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 10-2 13:24
I referring to commercial Choppers.

So far haven't seen any of them on my FLY app.
2021-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules