Phantom 4 Pro+ Controller thinks I'm in China
1095 2 2021-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BeardedFellow79
New
Flight distance : 9429 ft
United States

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to visit, but I have neever been.   Anyway one of my two Phantom4 Pro+ controller/tablet thinks I am in China the mini map that shows up when in the "GO FLY" has chinese characters where my other one has in English the word Mapbox.  The one with the chinese characters also has a pop up occasionally that asks me to put in my Mainland China telephone number.   I live in Virginia USA, aside from the day it was born my drone has never been to china.  Any way to fix this?  It doesn't seem to affect anything functionality wise.   I've checked the region settings and everything is set to US english...  please help..
2021-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the issue. Please try the following step. Please tap "Clear Cache" under Settings in the app, move the aircraft and controller to an open area with a strong GPS signal, make sure to link the controller to a local network, power on the aircraft and launch the app again. Please let me know if the issue persists, thank you.
2021-8-20
Use props
BeardedFellow79
New
Flight distance : 9429 ft
United States

So that seems to have gotten rid of the Chinese writing on the mapbox.   But now the mapbox is just blank.  I am unable to click the map function from the main screen to manage the maps.   

So I compared the firmware for the controller with my other P4Pro+ this problem controller is on version 01.03.06.00 , So  I downloaded the Bin file for v 1.4.3.0 and placed it on a sd card it starts the update process and reboots does it's android update screen, then reboots and gets hung on the DJI splash screen.  I've tried factory resetting the controller before the update, clearing all the Cache options and tried again.  Re-downloaded the update and tried a different MicroSD card all to no success.   

It also thinks it is on the latest version  when trying to do a auto update search.   My other controller updated just fine.   And the Drone for this controller updated just fine using DJI assistant.  
2021-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules