*Suggest* Need a Compass on every DJI drone.
468 8 2021-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Need a Compass to be displayed on every DJI drones OSD.  There should be an option to show 3 different options for the compass.

1. N NE E SE S etc.
2. A compass bar with say N--NW--W--SW--S-- etc. so people can tell which direction they need to turn rather than guess then switch back if wrong.
3. A compass bar like N--NW--W--SW--S-- but in the middle the actual bearing in degrees.

As we know there is no Map on the DJI FPV to follow so if we know a POI is North we can head there instead of trying to deadrecokining with landmarks.  I wanted to look South to see where the weather clouds are from the air.  Even living in the area for a long time I'm still uncertain where South is exactly.  It should be known instantly w/ no mental math.
2021-8-21
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

Seems a fair and useful request to me.
2021-8-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I can't see that a compass would help me ...

The symbol "H" shows me very clearly where I started from, that helps me much more in the air than a compass information ...
2021-8-21
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-21 09:39
I can't see that a compass would help me ...

The symbol "H" shows me very clearly where I started from, that helps me much more in the air than a compass information ...

Not just for locating Home but when you want to search the area and know say a landmark is NW or a waterfall.  If you start flying the opposite direction you lose battery.
2021-8-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. We will forward this suggestion of yours to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-21
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

If you mean the direction display in the fly app (for example on the Mavic Mini or MA2 controller display), it would also be very helpful for the FPV drone!  
There you can see the directory of the drone - relative to your own location.  
The direction "north" is also displayed, relative to the direction of flight ...
A rough display of the direction of flight, however (N, E, NE, SE, ...) is not useful ...
2021-8-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a valid request.    
2021-8-22
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 8-22 01:56
If you mean the direction display in the fly app (for example on the Mavic Mini or MA2 controller display), it would also be very helpful for the FPV drone!  
There you can see the directory of the drone - relative to your own location.  
The direction "north" is also displayed, relative to the direction of flight ...

That's why it's better if it were to be a bar somewhere.
2021-8-22
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Maybe we have luck...
2021-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now