Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pffft...
1184 26 2021-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kmat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 344370 ft
Australia

i have brought 2 of these dji fpv drones, Version 1 and 2, And never again. why bang on about getting 10km range if it is untrue. Then, nah you need the motion controller to get that distance....More wasted money.They are flat out getting 2kms away, Even in open air i call bull... on your range. The only reason i went with dji was because of the range. MY property is 6km across and i cant even film me boy doing a whole lap of the track.... Also if all this power hack talk is true, Then release them at full power. What you think that people want to spend thousands of dollars on something so that they can be  told how they are allowed to use it. You ever gone into a bar and ordered a bourbon....But nah not the full strength, you have any 5%....

Cheers,
2021-8-22
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I don't know any version 1 or version 2 of the DJI FPV drone.  
What do you mean by that...?   
2021-8-22
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

And one more thing:
When I have flown about 4 km away, the battery status usually tells me that I have to return ...   
2021-8-22
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

frankymusik Posted at 8-22 08:02
And one more thing:
When I have flown about 4 km away, the battery status usually tells me that I have to return ...

there is a v1 and a v2 version, goggles are different and runs on a different version of ocusync. Also your battery probkem could be solved by connecting a couple in parallel.
2021-8-22
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

Not sure if you deleted your post DJI Stephen, But i can not see it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the maximum transmission range of DJI FPV?
DJI FPV comes with DJI O3 (OcuSync 3.0), DJI’s best transmission system yet. DJI O3 was adapted to match the unique needs of DJI FPV, and features crystal-clear real-time video transmission at distances of up to 10 km

Straight off the website. Is this true or not? Because the way that i understand it is  that when you take this thing out of the box, The drone sends crystal-clear real-time video transmission at distances of up to 10 km?.?.
2021-8-22
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience you've come across. The shorten of  transmission distances may caused by various factors such as signal interference, obstacles and so on. Here are some ways helping you check it. When you perform a flight, please make it in open areas without shelter and signal interference. And make sure there are no obstacles between the remote control and your drone. In addition, when flying your drone, it is better not have your back to it or the signal might be weaken. It is suggested to adjust the angle between two antennas of your drone to 60 degrees. If there are no optimizations, please feel free to contact us at any time.

2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

2021-8-23
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

Hi Tony. First of all, Thankyou for the reply. But a generic response straight out the operational manual.........
i have  20metres cleared on each side of my fence line for about 6.4km on flat land. Will this drone transmit from one corner to the other?
Also if i live in Australia, Which i understand is FCC. Why would i need to do some "Hack" to get the benefits of FCC?
2021-8-23
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kmat Posted at 8-22 14:44
there is a v1 and a v2 version, goggles are different and runs on a different version of ocusync. Also your battery probkem could be solved by connecting a couple in parallel.

... he was talking about DJI FPV drones, not the goggles!
And I haven't heard of different versions of the drones ...

2021-8-23
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

Mate, Do you have anything constructive to add or not?  You do realise he and me are the same person? when i said i purchased 2 drones, To be clearer i purchased 2 dji fpv combo kits as well as 2 dji fpv fly more kits roughly 6 months apart i also purchased a motion controller with the second one, The reason i mentioned v1 and v2 is because the first kit had v1 goggles and the second kit had v2 goggles, This is important because the range is ... on both the single and dual frequencies....
Hopefully now you have the information, Do with it, What you will..
2021-8-23
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kmat Posted at 8-23 11:45
Mate, Do you have anything constructive to add or not?  You do realise he and me are the same person? when i said i purchased 2 drones, To be clearer i purchased 2 dji fpv combo kits as well as 2 dji fpv fly more kits roughly 6 months apart i also purchased a motion controller with the second one, The reason i mentioned v1 and v2 is because the first kit had v1 goggles and the second kit had v2 goggles, This is important because the range is ... on both the single and dual frequencies....

Thank you very much for this (now finally) correct information ...

2021-8-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

... just pointless grumbling !!!                                 
2021-8-24
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kmat Posted at 8-23 11:45

If you'd

"brought 2 of these dji fpv drones, Version 1 and 2"

then you tell us there are two versions of this drone, right?
You should first check what you've written before complaining that others want to take your text seriously !!!      

2021-8-24
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

Ok clown. I left the word goggles out by accident... So do you have anything worth reading to add now that you have this information, Or you just come on here to find faults and try to make yourself feel like a big man by pointing it out???

I don't believe that I have complained about not being taken seriously.
Spending a decent amount on money for something  that is essentially an underperforming toy, Isn't really pointless grumbling.
2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

I'll break it down if you like..

If I am in an FCC country why is my drone not?

Is a "Hack" over the internet the only way to change this?

what product, If any do they sell that will improve the range?

Can this drone actually go the 10km, Even with the upgrades?
2021-8-25
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

kmat Posted at 8-25 00:28
I'll break it down if you like..

If I am in an FCC country why is my drone not?

Okay, that's the "tone" I like now ...

• Are you really sure that your DJI FPV drone will not switch to FCC mode if the GPS data is correct?
  • I am of the opinion that this "hack" should by no means be necessary for you!
  • A range extender is certainly not sold by DJI ...
  • I think that the 10 km mentioned is a "very theoretical" value!
    This information assumes a direct line of sight and there must be no other sources of interference in the vicinity!

You should always keep in mind that even minor obstacles are not a problem in FCC mode, such things are very annoying in CE mode ...
But, such obstacles still significantly reduce the range!

And, you should also note that a drone may not actually be flown so far that you can no longer see it!
A spotter is even required if / when you have the goggles on your head, i.e. if you can no longer perceive the flight environment with your own eyes ...!

In FCC mode, the transmission power is significantly higher, and this definitely means a better connection than in CE mode ...

Perhaps you will take a suitable test route and see when the connection is really bad (only 1 bar, for example). Select a certain height and direction that can be easily reproduced later ...

So, then use the FCC hack (I recommend the one from B3YOND) and repeat the test ...

If the range is then significantly (!) improved, let's say by a factor of 1.5 - 2, then "only" the CE mode was actually active before ...

You should then contact the DJI service, but not via the forum here, but directly by email ...

Good luck and please: give us feedback about your range !!!

Frank

2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

Ok, Thanks for that mate. I have looked at b3yond before, But wasn't to sure on third party sites. I will download it and test it over the next day or two and let you know the result. Would you class Trees and Shrubs as minor and things like Walls/Houses major obstacles?? Or would trees be considerable obstacles?
There are a few places selling the Dji Fpv claiming that they can get 16km range..
As far as line of sight etc... If anyone is close enough to know the drone is there, Then they shouldn't be there.

Cheers..
2021-8-25
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

The FPV Drone never came with v1 Goggles, they don't even work with the FPV Drone.
2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

KerryG Posted at 8-25 13:06
The FPV Drone never came with v1 Goggles, they don't even work with the FPV Drone.

Hahaha, Seems like there is alot of misinformation getting around. I'm just repeating  what the person employed to sell  this product told me.
2021-8-25
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Mate,

Been reading this thread with much interest. Some information for you re AU configurations. And some technical data.

2.4ghz and 5.8 Ghz. Are in the Wifi Spectrum so can be effected by WiFi. They are transmitted as "Space Waves" that means that they travel via line of sight, unlike AM and Fm where they travel as ground waves and hug the ground. (Like Radio Station Transmitters).

Both comply to the inverse square law. This effects their practical range. So check the power ratings at both frequencies.

The 2.4Ghz signal will travel further than the 5.8 signal. So its possible to get greater range if you turn off the 5.8.

The 5.8 spectrum is not the same in every country. The number of channels is dependent on the local Spectrum Authority.

In AU only half the 5.8ghz band is available for Wifi and RC systems. The other half is dedicated for commercial use. So depending on your location it is quite possible that commercial stations are broadcasting in that band effecting your range. Again turn off 5.8. Keep an eye out for large towers in your area that have microwave dishes.

As 2.4 and 5.8 travel as space waves you cannot fly at low altitude for any reasonable distance. Ground objects like buildings or trees will block your signal. To test effective range, fly at the max permissible altitude, 120M.

The advertised range of DJI drones is when a clear path is available between the TX and RX. That means flying from a hill etc over open ground. Or from beach over the ocean. It also means range of signal not range of drone. Range of drone will be limited by range of battery.

It also needs to be advised the CASA rules controlling UAVs in Australia. They have changed significantly over the last couple of years.

You advise that you are flying over your own property. That does not change the rules other than allow you to fly at your own property. No Property can be overflown without the property owners express permission.

In the past outside controlled airspace on your own property you had unlimited altitude available. Now the limit is 120m for all of AU.

Specifically for FPV flight.

You cannot fly FPV unless you have a spotter that maintains unaided line of sight with the UAV.

It is possible to obtain a commercial license that extends this, but many hoops to jump through and much expense.

How you operate your drone is your business with the associated risks you are willing to accept.

Hope this info helps in your deliberations.

Cheers.
2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 21:41
Hi Mate,

Been reading this thread with much interest. Some information for you re AU configurations. And some technical data.

2021-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

3km out and back, zero issues, full signal, direct LOS between drone and myself, TrueRC Duality antennas on goggles. Nothing wrong with that range.
2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 8-25 21:41
Hi Mate,

Thanks very much for that mate. Top post. Answered  alot of the queries i had.... Cheers
2021-8-25
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 8-25 23:36
3km out and back, zero issues, full signal, direct LOS between drone and myself, TrueRC Duality antennas on goggles. Nothing wrong with that range.

Your right, There is nothing wrong with 3km range. If 3km is all you  expected/Wanted. I bet it drops out pretty quickly after that but.
2021-8-25
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kmat Posted at 8-25 23:50
Your right, There is nothing wrong with 3km range. If 3km is all you  expected/Wanted. I bet it drops out pretty quickly after that but.

Thing is, even 3km is an issue as it's not direct LOS and I defy anyone who says they can still see the drone that far away. I just wanted to do a test further out than I would normally fly. I just can't see the big draw of people wanting to fly as far as possible with any drone as soon as they get it. At least the FPV Drone has a RTN to home function build in, which is not the case with traditional FPV kwads, unless they have GPS built in (becoming more common for LR kwads). Even then, it can be quite unreliable at best. Everyyone must understand that any of the stats published with a new drone of any kind, are under perfect and issue free conditions. We can tweak and change antennas, do the full power hack etc, but every single flying spot will be different, weather, local interference and god knows how many other variables. The thing is, It's a damned good drone. It's not for everyone, despite what DJI say. Sure, it can be improved in certain ways. Sure, the FW still needs a few tweaks, but it's never let me down. It's certainly produced some fantastic results that my traditional fpv kwads would have struggled with. Over 3km in my view is just a hassle waiting to happen if the worst case scenario does happen.
2021-8-26
Use props
kmat
lvl.2
Australia

CoreyB10 Posted at 8-26 00:01
Thing is, even 3km is an issue as it's not direct LOS and I defy anyone who says they can still see the drone that far away. I just wanted to do a test further out than I would normally fly. I just can't see the big draw of people wanting to fly as far as possible with any drone as soon as they get it. At least the FPV Drone has a RTN to home function build in, which is not the case with traditional FPV kwads, unless they have GPS built in (becoming more common for LR kwads). Even then, it can be quite unreliable at best. Everyyone must understand that any of the stats published with a new drone of any kind, are under perfect and issue free conditions. We can tweak and change antennas, do the full power hack etc, but every single flying spot will be different, weather, local interference and god knows how many other variables. The thing is, It's a damned good drone. It's not for everyone, despite what DJI say. Sure, it can be improved in certain ways. Sure, the FW still needs a few tweaks, but it's never let me down. It's certainly produced some fantastic results that my traditional fpv kwads would have struggled with. Over 3km in my view is just a hassle waiting to happen if the worst case scenario does happen.

And the worst case scenario WILLl happen, Hence why i have bought 2. I know where the first one is, But the only way to acess the area safely would be after a fire....
I am not really wanting to just fly it as far as i can, I just want to be able to film the boys doing full laps of there track. The range needed is far less than what the drone is capable of, But just out of my range.
Also i suppose i want to see if it  "Does exactly what it says on the tin".
2021-8-26
Use props
Zushi
lvl.1

Cyprus

i am owner of dji fpv, i can confirm on sea level nothing to cut direct signal through the googles, max i get is up to 2300 and then all signals goes down until i dont have image. i really wanna see somebody who hit that 10km on dji fpv, i think is impossible.
2022-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules