How does the battery charge counter work?
1175 3 2021-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Trying to figure out how the battery charge counter works on my LiPo batteries for my Mavic 2 Pro, as I never saw the count going up after a charge to full, but only after flying and coming home and putting the battery back in again, then it showed an increased. Even after the flight and the battery was still in the drone, it still did not increase. Only after taking it out and putting it back in again did it increase.

Then I found a comment somewhere here in the forum from DJI, saying that the counter only increases after a 75% discharge of the battery. So I thought, what happens if you do not use the drone down to 75%. Today I tested this and learned that after a flight down to 30% and coming home and putting the battery back in again in the drone, did I see that the counter had increased by 1. So then I did another test and running the battery down to only 40% and the counter increased and also at 50%. Did not test any further to see when it stops increasing.

Does anyone know how small discharge you can have for the counter to increase by 1?
2021-8-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there kyalami. Good day and thank you for reaching out. Discharging the intelligent flight battery level by 75% of the total power will be considered as one cycle. Thank you.
2021-8-22
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

HI Stephen, thank you for your reply and confirming what I have read somewhere here in the forum.

Would you be able to advise when the counter is actually ticking over from a fully charged battery showing the latest charge number? When I tried I tried at 50% and 40% and 30% left, the battery increased every time. Would it be at, like 80% 70% and so on. It is not important, but I just would like to know. I could try this my self next time I flew, but thought it would be easier to you you here. Thanks again for your reply.
2021-8-23
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Today I did a final test or the battery counter and found the following:

Started flight will 100% full battery and stopped at 90%, took out battery and waited a few minutes. Put the battery back in again and no tick over of counter recorded. Did the same again down to 80% battery left and no tick over. The same to 70%, 60% 50% and no tick over. At 40% or actually 39% the battery counter increased. This particular battery turns the battery counter over at 40% battery left or at 60% usage. This may vary a bit between different batteries.

This was merely just a test for myself in order to know how the battery counter works.
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules