758 6 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergioparo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49537 ft
Brazil

Hello everyone,

There is a limitation when you use your Mavic Mini Controller with an Android phone, there is no way (unless you root your phone) to prevent the controller charging your phone and decreasing the amount of battery you have to fly.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to use a wireless charger at the same time you connect the controller to the phone. Should the wireless charger prevent the controller to charge the phone? Anyone has tried this before?

Currently I don't have a wireless charger, but if it works I am considering to buy one

Sérgio.
2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Unfortunately, we cannot turn off this feature as according to the AOA protocol of the Android system, a certain current should be maintained during communication. Therefore, when an Android device is connected, it will be charged at 5V/500mA. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-23
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

As Paladin said, it's part of the Android spec.
If you start flying with the battery full on the phone, it will only draw as much power as the phone is using.  That as opposed to starting flying with your phone battery low in which case it will draw more current in an attempt to both power the phone AND charge the phone battery.  That will result in FAR more current draw than only powering the phone.
Personally, I have gone through four batteries on my Mini hnd still had battery life in the controller.  For example last July 4th (Indepedence day here in the USA), I took off my Mini, flew up to about 60 meters, and hovered until the drone battery was low enough that I had to return.  As soon as it landed, shut it off, changed battery and took right back off again.  After I ran out of drone batteries, I still had two LEDs of battery indicated on the RC.
2021-8-23
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The specified drain amount in the manual is worst case and depends on the phone type and the charge level. Basically, Android requires any external controlling device to supply power to the phone in order to prevent damage to the phone. But there is plenty of power in the controller to spare, even with a tablet.
2021-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a cable mod you can do to trick the phone into thinking its charging but it only supplies a tiny bit of power and not the full current.
2021-8-23
Use props
sergioparo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49537 ft
Brazil

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 23:21
There is a cable mod you can do to trick the phone into thinking its charging but it only supplies a tiny bit of power and not the full current.

How can I do that or by such cable?

I am interested in this topic because my S20+ is not officaly supported by DJI and the connection between controller is being very instable and the controller battery is draining very quickly. So, I am trying to find a workaround for this situation.
2021-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sergioparo Posted at 8-24 06:32
How can I do that or by such cable?

I am interested in this topic because my S20+ is not officaly supported by DJI and the connection between controller is being very instable and the controller battery is draining very quickly. So, I am trying to find a workaround for this situation.

Theres a few videos on YouTube how to do it,  most involve cutting a cable and adding a resistor or diode the the red wire.
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules