Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Gentlemen, DJI, hello
It's been a long time since I flew my mini 2, then I went on a trip and was very upset by the behavior of the gimbal in the wind.
With any wind (even light), the horizon collapses very much.
On my return, I conducted an experiment and, indeed, the horizon falls in the direction opposite to the tilt of the drone. If you make a revolution around its axis, the horizon goes to the correct position, but then it collapses.
There were no falls, I calibrated everything and more than once (available in the video), manual calibration corrects the situation in one direction, while the other sides are again filled up (available in the video).
You can the test as in the video: you put the drone on a flat surface, and then tilt it on one side. The deviations of the horizon are greater the more you tilt the drone, and when you lower it, the horizon slowly recovers.

It seems this bug came after the last firmware, since I did not notice this before.

You don't have to search a lot to find similar problems. Here's an example:
DJI what's going on with you? Why is this model almost a year old, and we have to fly with such problems? I shot 70Gb video after the trip and almost everywhere the horizon is littered ...
It's just incredible!

Flying test:

Ground test:

2021-8-23
Use props
Dryvise
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10869498 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Should I wait for a response from DJI?
2021-8-24
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Dryvise Posted at 8-24 08:51

What I've found, is when you bring up issues, they do everything to convince you it's your device that is at fault.  If your phone or tablet is not apple, or 'approved' as compatible, it's a gamble.
They are not capable of making the apps for any phone available, from what I understand it's only a narrow amount of phones with certain processors that can run this app.
Do they tell you all this before you purchase the item?  In fine print on the side of the box.
You'd think they would work overtime to make apps that work for any user ... but no.

Two users on this forum, bashy and mini2'fls (or something close) will always call into question anyone having issues.  Pretty sure they are shills for dji.

Anyway, if you can return it to the store ... that is one option, or getting a compatible device is another option.  You may also revert the app to a previous version to see if that works.  Seems the issues only started when 1.4.8 came out, but they will not admit that for some reason, and continue to put out 1.4.8 as the default, even though they know there are issues.  I've lost hope with this company.

good luck
2021-8-24
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Hi Dryvise. Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. May I suggest you contact DJI Support at the following address: https://www.dji.com/au/support. You can then either live chat to a DJI Customer Care Representative, or email if you prefer. I suggest the live chat function.

You will be asked to send in examples of the issue, such as videos and also most likely access to your flight logs just to rule out all possibilities as to what may be causing the issue.

After investigation, you may be requested to send in your Mini 2 for more in-depth assessment. You can rest assured DJI will help resolve your issue though, so no need to worry

Keep us updated as to how go you with it.
2021-8-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-24 09:46
What I've found, is when you bring up issues, they do everything to convince you it's your device that is at fault.  If your phone or tablet is not apple, or 'approved' as compatible, it's a gamble.
They are not capable of making the apps for any phone available, from what I understand it's only a narrow amount of phones with certain processors that can run this app.
Do they tell you all this before you purchase the item?  In fine print on the side of the box.

Oi, i called in to question because my brand new AC gimbal was acting up similar to above, I returned it
to Amazon and got a new one and this new one's gimbal is brill, so, what gives, why even say that?
It was a faulty product, nothing more, nothing less, even one else that has issues with the gimbal level
in light or strong winds needs to have the ac returned to the shop if under warranty or to DJU to fix it,
you have to realise, the gimbal is supposed to keep level, that's its sole purpose for Christ sake.
Not to mention you're actually telling the OP to do what I blooming did anyway, you really need to get a grip soldier...

PS I knew mine wasn't right because my mates that was literally hovering next to mine (feet away) and his was 100% ok.

So before you use my name in vain, fact check 1st please, just cause I told people to report you for abuse in PM's, don't take your cr@p out on me, play nice and we wont have to
2021-8-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr Posted at 8-24 12:35
Hi Dryvise. Sorry to hear about the troubles you are having. May I suggest you contact DJI Support at the following address: https://www.dji.com/au/support. You can then either live chat to a DJI Customer Care Representative, or email if you prefer. I suggest the live chat function.

You will be asked to send in examples of the issue, such as videos and also most likely access to your flight logs just to rule out all possibilities as to what may be causing the issue.

I can't believe he downvoted your reply to the OP, this is the bullying in question, and yes, it was me that downvoted him, but purely for his answer, not to be spiteful, rest assured, he will respond in kind lol
2021-8-24
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini2 Flyr has given the best advice in your situation, it could be that the firmware may just need refreshing, good luck
2021-8-24
Use props
Mini2 Flyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4347785 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 8-24 19:15
I can't believe he downvoted your reply to the OP, this is the bullying in question, and yes, it was me that downvoted him, but purely for his answer, not to be spiteful, rest assured, he will respond in kind lol

Thanks Bashy, there is just no pleasing some folk such as hunterws, always looking for trouble and seeking out the smallest thing to nitpick. Instead of wasting time with childish replies, he could be out having a wonderful time flying his Mini 2 like the rest of us. Anyway, hope you have a great day and looking forward to that future range test you and another poster have been talking about when the weather in your part of the world cooperates
2021-8-24
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

Quit riding me and mentioning me.
Quit threatening me and trying to intimidate.
Thank you.  (you playing victim is pretty hollow to anyone with eyes)

2021-8-25
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hunterws Posted at 8-25 08:52
Quit riding me and mentioning me.
Quit threatening me and trying to intimidate.
Thank you.  (you playing victim is pretty hollow to anyone with eyes)

Two users on this forum, bashy and mini2'fls (or something close)
will always call into question anyone having issues.  Pretty sure they are shills for dji.

Why did you feel the need to say that, for the love of god WHY? and more importantly, directed at myself?
You say call into question, that's saying, in other words insinuating the other person is lying.
Please give me an example of where I have done this?

2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules