Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Range decrease?
2861 35 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1121230 ft
South Africa

I never believed it, read on many forums that mavic mini users experienced severe range decreases after updates.I remember when I got mine about a year ago, I bragged and showed a friend I could easily fly from my house to his - about a mile away. So I tried again a while ago, there was a whole lot of updates in between. It would'nt even make it halfway there. So I ordered range extenders - you know, those yagi-uda type. Same thing. I even got on the roof - nada, it would make it closer, but still a few hundred yards away.
So I tried downgrading. Even used (distorted text) to downgrade all the way to v1. 0.2

Still doesn't help. I am hellbent on getting it the way it was. I bought it because it could do close to 4km. Now it can't even do 1km.

Of course I also did a lot of youtubing and research, learnt about setting it to 2.4ghz, selecting the best channel, manually, but that helps nothing. So I have come to the conclusion that those updates affecting the controller cause the problems.Because I can't downgrade that.. Even if I use (distorted text)

I was a happy chappy, but time has come to move on.. Not so happy anymore.. My next drone will NOT be a Da-Jiang Innovation.
2021-8-23
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have sad news for your username.
2021-8-23
Use props
#ilovemymavic
lvl.2
South Africa

Porktree Posted at 8-23 06:02
I have sad news for your username.

You are right. Lemme correct it!
2021-8-23
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

#ilovemymavic Posted at 8-23 08:06
You are right. Lemme correct it!

Welcome to planned obsolescence, only fix is to buy a mini 2 but you might only get 6 months before it too is effected when they release the mini 3.
2021-8-23
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

ABeardedItalian Posted at 8-23 08:17
Welcome to planned obsolescence, only fix is to buy a mini 2 but you might only get 6 months before it too is effected when they release the mini 3.

I hear ya. I think I will save up for a while and get an a...l
I am done with Da-Jiang Innovations.
2021-8-23
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Most likely you are receiving an increased amount of WiFi interference.  It is only getting worse and worse.  Not likely related to firmware updates.  When I fly from my house in a sub-urban area in the Los Angeles basin, I can only get 300 meters or so in most directions, and about 100 meters in one direction before losing signal due to WiFi interference.  On the other hand, on a trip out in the desert with NOTHING around, I was routinely flying out 1,500 to 2,400 meters with good signals.  On the longest flight, my only limitation was a military base to the north and east, a mountain to the west, and a wilderness area to the south that I could not enter if the drone went down.  BTW, the longest flight was at night and I could clearly see the added aircraft strobes.

OmniSync helps, but the reality is that in a crowded RF environment, there is only so much you can do.
2021-8-23
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

K6CCC Posted at 8-23 12:29
Most likely you are receiving an increased amount of WiFi interference.  It is only getting worse and worse.  Not likely related to firmware updates.  When I fly from my house in a sub-urban area in the Los Angeles basin, I can only get 300 meters or so in most directions, and about 100 meters in one direction before losing signal due to WiFi interference.  On the other hand, on a trip out in the desert with NOTHING around, I was routinely flying out 1,500 to 2,400 meters with good signals.  On the longest flight, my only limitation was a military base to the north and east, a mountain to the west, and a wilderness area to the south that I could not enter if the drone went down.  BTW, the longest flight was at night and I could clearly see the added aircraft strobes.

OmniSync helps, but the reality is that in a crowded RF environment, there is only so much you can do.

So my next understanding is maybe it has become more sensitive to WiFi etc. Would you suggest then I update to the latest or stay at an early version?
2021-8-23
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2341886 ft
France

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-23 20:45
So my next understanding is maybe it has become more sensitive to WiFi etc. Would you suggest then I update to the latest or stay at an early version?

Hello, in those which concerns me the best version of DJI FLY for the Mavic mini and the version 1.1.10 I use it and I have no problem, with it I can exceed the 3.5km without problem if I wish in normal conditions (my mini is in CE version) while with the other versions I have always had connection problems, I know that some people will say that the app cannot improve the range of the drone but in my case yes (and I am not the only one looking on youtube the tests that were done with compared to the higher version) it is the version best suited to the mini 1 and the most stable I even have a smartphone with this version only for the mini 1 and another version for the mini 2 on another smartphone because it does not fit well with the 2.
This is a personal opinion but that does not prevent you from doing a test and reverting to another version if it does not suit you.
On the other hand I did not make the last update of the mini 1 the V01.00.0600 because many people had problems with it and in addition I saw that it is not possible to go back one times install so I can not certify the result with this version
2021-8-23
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

Ph3onix Posted at 8-23 22:37
Hello, in those which concerns me the best version of DJI FLY for the Mavic mini and the version 1.1.10 I use it and I have no problem, with it I can exceed the 3.5km without problem if I wish in normal conditions (my mini is in CE version) while with the other versions I have always had connection problems, I know that some people will say that the app cannot improve the range of the drone but in my case yes (and I am not the only one looking on youtube the tests that were done with compared to the higher version) it is the version best suited to the mini 1 and the most stable I even have a smartphone with this version only for the mini 1 and another version for the mini 2 on another smartphone because it does not fit well with the 2.
This is a personal opinion but that does not prevent you from doing a test and reverting to another version if it does not suit you.
On the other hand I did not make the last update of the mini 1 the V01.00.0600 because many people had problems with it and in addition I saw that it is not possible to go back one times install so I can not certify the result with this version

Ok..So I update to the latest.
2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience you've come across. We recommend that you use the latest version of the firmware.

The shorten of  flying distances may caused by various factors such as signal interference, obstacles and so on. Here are some ways helping you check it. When you perform a flight, please make it in open areas without shelter and signal interference. And make sure there are no obstacles between the remote control and your drone. In addition, when flying your drone, it is better not have your back to it or the signal might be weaken. It is recommended that you pay great attention to the antenna orientation making sure it stays parallel with the aircraft and constantly adjusting it during your flying.

If the issue still persists, please feel free to contact us at any time.
2021-8-23
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-23 23:44
Ok..So I update to the latest.

Warning I think you did not understand maybe a bad translation. I did not update because of some problem with version V01.00.0600
I did not tell you to make this update, it is your choice if you do
2021-8-23
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

I must agree with Ph3onix. I am using the same App Version and I didn't do the RC Firmware Update. I am also using an exclusive mobile device for the Mavic Mini (huawei p10 lite). I am very pleased to use my drone with this configuration.
What I've noticed is the newer app versions need more processor power and perhaps my mobile devices (my secound MD is Huawei p30 lite) are not strong enough to run Dji Fly properly causing the range dropouts.?
2021-8-24
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

Mashroomhut Posted at 8-24 00:14
I must agree with Ph3onix. I am using the same App Version and I didn't do the RC Firmware Update. I am also using an exclusive mobile device for the Mavic Mini (huawei p10 lite). I am very pleased to use my drone with this configuration.
What I've noticed is the newer app versions need more processor power and perhaps my mobile devices (my secound MD is Huawei p30 lite) are not strong enough to run Dji Fly properly causing the range dropouts.?

So, balance me here.. I am slow... The remote control version you use is v1.1.10 or the application on your cellphone? Is that the latest?  The drone version?
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-24 00:36
So, balance me here.. I am slow... The remote control version you use is v1.1.10 or the application on your cellphone? Is that the latest?  The drone version?

OK
The configuration of my Mini 1 currently is as follows
Drone version and (Firmware V01.00.0500)
DJI FLY version is version 1.1.10

The latest version of DJI FLY and version 1.4.8 but it's a real disaster and only problems

The latest version of the Firmware for the Mini 1 is version V01.00.0600 which is not really for the drone but for the RC, is with this version some people have had problems and more with this version impossible at the time current to downgrade to a previous version in case of problem.
2021-8-24
Use props
Reguzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

Yup, RC firmware v01.00.0600, after updating you cant revert it back to old firmware, because I;m the victim here lol
2021-8-24
Use props
Mashroomhut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-24 00:36

Ok. My stable configuration:
Drone and RC Firmware is: V01. 00.0500
DJI Fly App Version 1.1.10 on Huawei p10 lite.
I don't fly far away (often), but it gives me more confidence flying up to about 500m in semi urbanized area. In the same area flying with my secound mobile device - Huawei P30 lite and  DJI Fly v 1.4.8 I menage to fly barely 300m away.
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Reguzz Posted at 8-24 02:33
Yup, RC firmware v01.00.0600, after updating you cant revert it back to old firmware, because I;m the victim here lol

Do you have any problems with it like a reduced scope for example?
2021-8-24
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

Reguzz Posted at 8-24 02:33

I'm also screwed.
2021-8-24
Use props
Reguzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60375420 ft
Indonesia

Ph3onix Posted at 8-24 04:28
Do you have any problems with it like a reduced scope for example?

So far so good. For RC performance, what I feel is still the same as the previous firmware in my case.
BTW, I'm using fly app v1.4.8 build 1185.
2021-8-24
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Lots of comments since I Was last here yesterday.  I generally update both firmware and app versions shortly after they are released..  That applies to most devices that I have (not just my drone).  I personally have not seen any real range changes related to app version or firmware updates.  It sucks near my home because everyone and their brother has various devices that share the same frequencies that we use for our drones.
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

made all the same the test never know it can work, if you are andoid it is easier to install different version and go back
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

Reguzz Posted at 8-24 05:46
So far so good. For RC performance, what I feel is still the same as the previous firmware in my case.
BTW, I'm using fly app v1.4.8 build 1185.

Wow!   the worst version released by DJI so far, even if this version '1185' and a little more stable than the '1120' but not much more.
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4
France

K6CCC Posted at 8-24 05:47
Lots of comments since I Was last here yesterday.  I generally update both firmware and app versions shortly after they are released..  That applies to most devices that I have (not just my drone).  I personally have not seen any real range changes related to app version or firmware updates.  It sucks near my home because everyone and their brother has various devices that share the same frequencies that we use for our drones.

You fly with version 1.4.8, and which smartphone do you have?
2021-8-24
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 8-24 06:00
You fly with version 1.4.8, and which smartphone do you have?

Mini (original) and controller have the latest firmware - sorry, it's not in front of me, so I can't look at what version that is.  App version is 1.4.8 on a Motorola g7 power phone, a Galaxy tab-A tablet, and a #$%^& iPhone 8.  I generally fly with the tablet, but at times with the android phone.  I only flew once with the &^%$# iPhone when I first got the drone last year in order to make sure it worked.
2021-8-24
Use props
Ph3onix
lvl.4

K6CCC Posted at 8-24 06:47
Mini (original) and controller have the latest firmware - sorry, it's not in front of me, so I can't look at what version that is.  App version is 1.4.8 on a Motorola g7 power phone, a Galaxy tab-A tablet, and a #$%^& iPhone 8.  I generally fly with the tablet, but at times with the android phone.  I only flew once with the &^%$# iPhone when I first got the drone last year in order to make sure it worked.

Ok thank you, and you have no problem with version 1.4.8 with android devices?
2021-8-24
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

Ph3onix Posted at 8-24 05:51
made all the same the test never know it can work, if you are andoid it is easier to install different version and go back

We are talking about the remote here.. Cannot downgrade.. If you are on the latest you can't go back. .tried on Mavic assistant. You can upgrade and downgrade the apps or the drone firmware, but not remote.. I think the range decrease was there.. Why else would they not allow one to downgrade?
2021-8-24
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-24 08:12
We are talking about the remote here.. Cannot downgrade.. If you are on the latest you can't go back. .tried on Mavic assistant. You can upgrade and downgrade the apps or the drone firmware, but not remote.. I think the range decrease was there.. Why else would they not allow one to downgrade?

Normally with computer stuff, when a downgrade is not allowed it is because file formats have changed - the new software can read the old file format and will write the new format, but the old software can't read the new file format.  Don't know if that was the case here...
2021-8-24
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Ph3onix Posted at 8-24 06:54
Ok thank you, and you have no problem with version 1.4.8 with android devices?

Not that I have noticed.
2021-8-24
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

have you ever thought of the possibility they don't want us to fly as far anymore
2021-8-24
Use props
Tuxtard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

It's probably not related to the drone or updates, but to the environment. It's not just the matter of your neighbors getting better and stronger WiFi. Interference is getting stronger every day with each new 5G mobile node and each new Starlink satelite. Also you will get more interference during summer because all the leaves around moving with the wind create a static electricity which will degrade your signal.
2021-8-24
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
United States

Tuxtard said (in part):
It's not just the matter of your neighbors getting better and stronger WiFi. Interference is getting stronger every day with each new 5G mobile node and each new Starlink satelite.

There are a number of devices operating in the same spectrum as our drone operate on, but neither 5G mobile, nor Starlink are using the same chucks of spectrum that we are.
2021-8-24
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

K6CCC Posted at 8-24 12:12
Tuxtard said (in part):
It's not just the matter of your neighbors getting better and stronger WiFi. Interference is getting stronger every day with each new 5G mobile node and each new Starlink satelite.

Quite correct. Just about any device that transmits uses the same section of the radio spectrum as we do, everything from garage door openers, to wireless doorbells, security cameras, baby monitors - the list goes on forever.
2021-8-24
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Solution is simple, take a look @ Drone-hacks
2021-8-24
Use props
#usedtolovemyDJI
lvl.2
South Africa

Geebax Posted at 8-24 15:14
Quite correct. Just about any device that transmits uses the same section of the radio spectrum as we do, everything from garage door openers, to wireless doorbells, security cameras, baby monitors - the list goes on forever.

So occusync is the way to go..
2021-8-25
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

#usedtolovemyDJI Posted at 8-25 23:14
So occusync is the way to go..

All the Occusync does is add additional forward error correction to the return video signal from the aircraft. That makes it more readable, but you still have 2 other channels that you can lose in the process.
2021-8-26
Use props
Parkway Production
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247201 ft
Canada

How is it going Ladies and Gentleman,

I bought my Mavic mini gen1 back when they came out, I own a M300 and a Autel EV2P as well.
I love my mini and I always use it in tight spaces when making videos....Yesterday I  tested again the range issue with signal interference at the lake Dec 24 2023....it was not busy 10 people max in the entire park.
The issue came up again.

I read through the suggestions and I came across Drone Hacks .com and wanted to ask if that has worked for anyone in here and if the possibility is given to downgrade and restore range issue without causing other issue or malfunctions.

appreciate your feedback
2023-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules