DJI app says "NO-Fly Zone", but FAA said I can fly
1428 6 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Love Bird
lvl.1
United States

I am trying to capture aerial video of the Country Club at Mirasol in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida using a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I have tried using a standard controller with DJI GO app and I have tried using a DJI Smart controller. Both of these tell me NO-Fly Zone upon start up and neither allow me to start props spinning. B4UFLY tells me "Clear For Takeoff". FAA Drone Zone tells me Class G airspace. DJI will not allow me to fly. The nearest local airport (North County Airport) said there is no reason they know of why I should have a problem at the Mirasol Country Club. Anyone out there have any idea why or how to fix this issue? The FAA sent me the attached map when I applied for a part 107 waiver & said this is uncontrolled air space - class G
20307 F45 Map.jpg
2021-8-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Love Bird. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please send an email to our DJI Flysafe department at flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2021-8-23
Use props
Love Bird
lvl.1
United States

Problem solved, thanks to DJI support. The area has been unlocked for me. Thank you.
2021-8-24
Use props
djiuser_YJMUo1npgqWP
New

United States

Love Bird Posted at 2021-8-24 07:51
Problem solved, thanks to DJI support. The area has been unlocked for me. Thank you.

Hello Lovebird,
I am having the same issues and sent an email including coordinates and screenshot of the b4ufly app stating there are no restrictions where I'm trying to fly. Is there anything else I need/can do to expedite this that you did?
Cheers and thanks for posting!!
2023-9-2
Use props
BetterBizTech
First Officer
Flight distance : 5009016 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always Check out the DJI Fly Safe map. It uses different parameters the the FAA. It extends airport flight paths on their maps.I check b4ufly and https://www.dji.com/flysafe before i go to the site. It usually takes less than an hour to get it unlocked. If you check before you go you will usually be ok.
2023-9-9
Use props
fans38598a9d
New
Flight distance : 33281 ft
United States

So frustrated, I got the approval to fly in a restricted one, I got the approval loaded on my DJI 2s. I kept having to "import to aircraft" even after it said successful, it was still locked and unable to take off.
Spent an hour in the field.
2023-9-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans38598a9d Posted at 9-13 11:53
So frustrated, I got the approval to fly in a restricted one, I got the approval loaded on my DJI 2s. I kept having to "import to aircraft" even after it said successful, it was still locked and unable to take off.
Spent an hour in the field.

Hi there. Was this already resolved? Have you already tried logging out from the account and logging back in? Thank you for your patience.
2023-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules