Blue and yellow artifacts in H.265 D-log footage
963 4 2021-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cheeb49
lvl.1
United States

Just shot some tests with The Mavic 2 Pro using H.265 in D-Log and the footage is filled with yellow and blue noise in the shadows. Im using Adobe premiere Pro (15.2.0) and have tested the footage on both Mac (OS11.3.1) and PC. Also tried playing with latest version of VLC on both systems and an HDR tv and the artifacts are present on all sytems. My searches for HDR worklows for DJI and premiere have not led to anything useful. Does anyone have any ideas on what is causing this? Footage is 4k 30.

Blue and yellow.PNG
2021-8-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you applied a LUT to the footage?   Dlog isnt meant to be watched directly.
2021-8-23
Use props
Cheeb49
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 8-23 23:10
Have you applied a LUT to the footage?   Dlog isnt meant to be watched directly.

Yes, I tried that. Heres how it looks with the LUT applied.

With DJI log to rec 709 LUT

With DJI log to rec 709 LUT
2021-8-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Cheeb49 Posted at 8-24 09:33
Yes, I tried that. Heres how it looks with the LUT applied.
[view_image]

That looks like a fault in the camera sensor.
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cheeb49. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since you are having this issue with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav to open a case and for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for this issue. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2021-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules