Mini 2 RTH doesn't work
1571 7 2021-8-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

I admit that I'm a total novice flyer of both my mini AND mini 2.
I flew the Mini 2 yesterday attempting to get more familiar with it and had some fun flying around my property.
However, when trying to use the RTH feature to see whether it would respond by auto flying to the pre-determined altitude and coming home, instead I just heard a 'beep' from the phone or controller and the drone just hovered...
I pressed again with the same result.
Then I pressed and held the RTH and still nothing...
Then I received a low battery warning so I manually landed the craft.

So, what am I doing incorrectly? Did I not set up at pre-flight correctly?

Thanks for your help.
Carl in Southern Oregon
2021-8-24
Use props
Drones250
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Was your drone more than 20m away? If it's not more than 20m, when you initiate RTH it will just hover.
2021-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try posting your log at airdata.com it will tell you what the drone was reporting,  but my guess is the 20m rule applied.
2021-8-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi there. I am sorry for the difficulties you have encountered. When the return distance is less than 20 m, the aircraft will remain hovering and the return will not be performed. When the return distance is more than 20 m, the aircraft will return at a horizontal speed of 10.5 m/s. Please verify whether the return distance was within 20 meters when you performed RTH. If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us.

Here is the guidance and manual link for your better reference.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual-EN.pdf
2021-8-25
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

Thank you all for your helpful replies....
I'll make sure that the drone is farther away when I experiment with RTH again.
So very much to learn. I want to also experiment with getting those fantastic 'orbiting' shots I have seen around church steeples, trees, etc.

Since I am using my galaxy phone for monitor I'm wondering whether I should find something larger where I can read my options better too while in flight.

With a ten minute battery life of course I don't get much flight time to try things before I have to bring it home.

It sure is fun though and I do love bird's eye views of my property and all....Incredible toy....

Thanks again!
2021-8-25
Use props
hristo.vas.vasi
New

United Kingdom

Hello,

I recently bought dji mini 2. I decided to fly today and made a few pictures and a video at the very end of my flights. Interestingly my video was recorded but there is no trace of the photos. I forgot to take my SD card with me so I recorded on the drone itself. Do you know why the images I took at the start of my flight are gone and how to access them if possible?

Thanks
2021-8-25
Use props
6 string fan
lvl.1

United States

To all who explained the RTH issue being that the drone has to be farther away I say THANK YOU for your responses...
Obviously I didn't read the manual well enough to understand how that feature worked.
I went for a short flight this morning on my property and flew to a hill behind my house, then pushed the RTH and it performed the maneuver automatically as promised!
It came within a few feet of the takeoff spot.
I was elated...
Appreciate the help!
2021-9-3
Use props
w7sz
lvl.1

United States

RTH issue mini 2

Have similar issue with RTH but 20m+ horizontal distance did not solve. There is no response from push/ hold
on controller button and rth touch via display results in "landing". Rth height set at 150 feet, just below max height.

Also the controller button push/hold does not initiate takeoff.

Drone is new MINI 2 with firmware upgrade.

Will appreciate comments.

Larry
2023-2-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules