Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
A full control of drone crash after an eagle crash
1027 5 2021-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Claude DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531198 ft
France

Hello,

My name is Claude D. I wanted to thank the DJI development team because I was able to see during an attack by an eagle that the bird AND the DJI AIR 2S were not too damaged.
First of all, the eagle, I see it during the following days. And for the DJI Air 2S, the eagle having broken a propeller, the drone was able to control its fall with 3 propellers. There was no other damage on the drone.

The lessons I can share with such a bird:
1 - the day before, learn to spot them. This is pretty easy as they have a wingspan of 2.5-3.0m.
2 - In this case, fly 15 minutes maximum. After that the eagle can make an attack. Exceptions: do not fly past its nest. This is extremely rare in our case...
3 - Put the drone for 5 mn next to you. The eagle is not afraid of man and does not attack him. On the other hand, it will be curious and you will see it appear rather quickly in this case.
If there is no visit of the eagle, you can redo a flight of 15 mn. Etc...

To show you the violence of an eagle attack, I join you a link of a slow motion (x5) of an attack filmed by chance by the drone. It lasted 0,5 s, so it is impossible to act. The eagle has an attack speed of 320 km/h, and a pressure of its talons of 900 N. We understand why the army trains eagles to destroy drones.

Looking forward to sharing to learn how to safeguard the lives of eagles and not damage our drones.

2 links :
Geo Wild Nat's attack on eagles.
The attack that I filmed by chance

Thank you for your sharing and recommendations.All the best.
Claude D
2021-8-25
Use props
Claude DJI
lvl.2
France

[/url]
2021-8-25
Use props
Claude DJI
lvl.2
France

2021-8-25
Use props
Claude DJI
lvl.2
France

2 records was linked to see how these kind of birds are flying and attacking.. Not sure you cans see them
2021-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Claude D. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your experience with us. Just a reminder that birds are part of our environment and I'm sure they're not familiar to the drones that is why they might react aggressively when they notice it. In addition, if you feel that your DJI Air 2S is not working properly on your next flights. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for assistance. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-8-25
Use props
Claude DJI
lvl.2
France

Hi DJI Stephen. Thank you for your advice. I strongly agree with you. So before to fly, I will inspect the area for such eagles. It's pretty easy considering their wingspan.
I would like to ask at you if we can change the altitude at more than 500 m, because Twixen from Denmark seems to indicate that there is a license to go to 4000 m altitude.
What do you think about it? Does this seem credible to you?
With my thanks in advance.
Claude
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules