Customer Service Issues
1021 10 2021-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ekreutz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 655220 ft
United States

I am wondering how many others have experienced atrocious repair-related customer service with DJI. Recently my Mavic Air 2 gimbal was malfunctioning and also the RC was making a constant beeping noise, so I sent them in for repair. I have DJI Care Refresh+, so in addition to having one repair/replacement option, the original product warranty was  extended by 12 months, meaning any non user-caused product defect is supposed to be repaired for free. The repair team reported the issue as an internal RC defect, thus clearly not something I caused, but they still tried to bill me for the repair saying it was out of warranty. I emailed and messaged with at least 4 different customer service reps, and tried calling several times, speaking to 4 different reps (one of whom just hung up on me), before finally finding someone who agreed that my product is under warranty and that it should be repaired for free. I am not sure if it took a long time for them to relay that information to the repair team, or if my case was just kept at the very back of the repair queue, but finally about three weeks later they repaired it and sent it back. So that worked out eventually, the only thing is that they did not package the drone very well and the gimbal cover was smashed when I got it (fortunately the gimbal appears to be functioning properly).
I contacted them again to ask if they would send me a replacement gimbal cover. It took several days to hear back, until finally they said that they would not look into my case any further because my drone is not under warranty, they only repaired it for free as a courtesy (???). They followed up a couple days later saying that I never sent in the gimbal cover so I must be making that up (why would I send in the drone without the gimbal cover?!). Not the biggest deal if I have to buy a new cover, but it is just odd that the customer service reps for such a large and reputable company have zero knowledge of their product warranty terms of service and apparently zero interest in helping customers.
2021-8-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi ekreutz, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. I was able to pull up the case number using your DJI Forum details. I'm sorry to read your frustrations and for any confusion, you had regarding the terms of the regular warranty and the DJI Care refresh plus. Please be advised that the service plan has coverage parts. For the DJI Mavic Air 2, it covers the following: gimbal, camera, main controller, motor, ESC, and vision system, hence the remote is not included, that is why you received a quotation before. For you to have a reference, you may kindly visit this link: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh-plus/info#terms As for the gimbal cover, on my end I'll have this concern and feedback forwarded to our designated team for further checking, thank you.
2021-8-25
Use props
ekreutz
lvl.1
United States

Hi Diana, thank you very much for your reply and your help with this issue. To your point though, certainly "main controller" is the same thing as the remote controller. There is no way that that would mean anything else or that the remote controller would not be included in a warranty against product defects. (Maybe "main" is meant to differentiate between a smart controller purchased separately from the drone?)

Also, the first seven customer service reps I communicated with just kept telling me that my drone is not under warranty, so that was very odd.
2021-8-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

ekreutz Posted at 8-25 19:02
Hi Diana, thank you very much for your reply and your help with this issue. To your point though, certainly "main controller" is the same thing as the remote controller. There is no way that that would mean anything else or that the remote controller would not be included in a warranty against product defects. (Maybe "main" is meant to differentiate between a smart controller purchased separately from the drone?)

Also, the first seven customer service reps I communicated with just kept telling me that my drone is not under warranty, so that was very odd.

Hi ekreutz, we regret the inconvenience you've been inflicted. For the main controller you mentioned above, it doesn't mean remote controller. Main controller is a core part of the aircraft including MCU system and inertial navigation module. It mainly charges for controlling the flight attitude of the aircraft ensuring its smooth flight.

And your requirement of exchanging a new gimbal cover has been posted to corresponding department, and they will contact you helping address this issue.

If you have any other question, please feel free to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2021-8-26
Use props
ekreutz
lvl.1
United States

Tony, thank you for the information and the clarification, that is good to know. That is definitely bizarre then that the remote controller, one half of the UA system, would not be covered by a warranty against product defects. That seems highly improper and deceitful on DJI's part.
2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

ekreutz Posted at 8-26 05:21
Tony, thank you for the information and the clarification, that is good to know. That is definitely bizarre then that the remote controller, one half of the UA system, would not be covered by a warranty against product defects. That seems highly improper and deceitful on DJI's part.

Hi, we are sorry if you feel this way. Upon reviewing the update on your concern. The case is being handled by our higher department and a resolution was already been provided. We are looking forward for further updates and for this to be resolved. Thank you for your patience.
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_c8QREm5HsFoy
New

Australia

I had a terrible history with the customer service too.
the last thing is that i crashed my drone, i was flying it sideways so totally my fault. i have been very honest about it from the begin.  i have the care refresh , so i sent it back for a quote of repair or for a replacement. after i have been assured i was entitled to it.
now, they received it , they won't give a quote unless  i  share my whole flying history , with all the photos and videos i took the whole year.
it just seems absolutely ridiculous to me.
is everybody giving all these info just for a quote and or a replacement? are we not entitled to any privacy?  
2021-9-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_c8QREm5HsFoy Posted at 9-22 03:15
I had a terrible history with the customer service too.
the last thing is that i crashed my drone, i was flying it sideways so totally my fault. i have been very honest about it from the begin.  i have the care refresh , so i sent it back for a quote of repair or for a replacement. after i have been assured i was entitled to it.
now, they received it , they won't give a quote unless  i  share my whole flying history , with all the photos and videos i took the whole year.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will check your case and forward it to our designated team. Rest assured that we will contact you as soon as possible once there is any update. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.
2021-9-22
Use props
SupBro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1454193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now you’re all becoming aware of how Chinese companies do business. Carelessly dismiss their customers issues.

Sad to see such a company suck so badly with customer service.

Have you ever heard of the customer always being right?
2021-9-25
Use props
djiuser_c8QREm5HsFoy
New

Australia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-22 19:13
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We will check your case and forward it to our designated team. Rest assured that we will contact you as soon as possible once there is any update. If you have any questions, please feel free to talk.

so eventually, ended up getting a quote  for repair and decided to go with a replacement instead, still under warranty. paid the 149$ and got a replacement.
when the replacement arrived it had THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM of my original drone.
contacted the support and had to send it back again.
when they received it back, instead of sending me straight away a new replacement as for the condition of replacement under warranty,  i had to wait for a quote , and i got told i had to wait for the repairs to be done. not happy about it but ok.
eventually received the drone back and surprise surprise..  it is STILL IN THE SAME CONDITIONS, still the same problem with the gimbal my original drone had.
now i am just so sick of this that i don't care anymore to get it fix , i am ok to keep it like this but i absolutely want my money back. because i did not got a functional replacement, i received a replacement exactly the same as my original one.
i want a full refund of the 149 dollars i spent for a replacement, and i don't think i have been unreasonable.  their best offer is a 60 dollar discount to use on the website for accessories, which is absolutely ridiculous.
i am gonna contact the fair trading , because this is straight scamming.
2021-10-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_c8QREm5HsFoy Posted at 10-17 23:46
so eventually, ended up getting a quote  for repair and decided to go with a replacement instead, still under warranty. paid the 149$ and got a replacement.
when the replacement arrived it had THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM of my original drone.
contacted the support and had to send it back again.

We are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused. I have escalated your case to our supervisor team to follow up. We'll have someone contact you within working hours.
2021-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules