Expected Range for MA2 in a City (EU CE)?
882 4 2021-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Hello! So I live in a small village in Spain and I normally fly around here and the range is very good (up to 5km tested) although I never fly this far because of VLOS.
Today I went to fly to a kind of big city and launched it from a park in the center where you can fly, I flew to 1.3km and got disconnected on 120 meters AGL, is that normal?
What is the expected range for the MA2 in a big city environment for EU CE occusync 2.0?
I saw tests on the internet where the M2P flew 2.5km away but never got the same range with MA2 today.
Also, should I stay on Dual-Band while flying in DJI Fly App? Does the FPV Feed quality Setting matter for range (HD / Smooth)?
Any tips to get more range in this environment?
2021-8-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Yaros1. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Mavic Air 2's Maximum Transmission Distance is at 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE), 6 km (SRRC), 6 km (MIC). Can you please try to fly your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference on the ground, and you took off from close to a buildings with rebar concrete metal objects on it as well. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. Thank you.
2021-8-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It would be very unusual to get good range in a bigger city. The most common source of interference is WiFi, and you get that everywhere in a big city. The only tip to get good range is to get out of the city.
2021-8-25
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

1,3 km is way more that I can reach in populated areas usually, I'm happy when I can fly 500-600 m.
2021-8-26
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, in large city settings many things can cause signal degradation between your RC and drone.  For example:
1 – Extreme temperature and high humidity can affect the quality of signal transmission.
2 – Electromagnetic interference from nearby power lines.
3 – Obstacles between RC and drone can cause signal weakness or full drop.  Communication towers and electrical pylons in city settings can interfere with signal strength.
4 – Flying your drone in an area saturated with wifi hotspots can cause signal loss.

You just have to be more aware of limitations when flying in large urban areas.  
2021-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules