7691 66 2021-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4719222 ft
  • >>>
Germany

This photo was cut from a video that I am currently creating.
The video itself will be finished in about 3 months.

But from time to time I will show some photos of it.
Maybe you like it a little bit?

I C E L A N D

I C E L A N D
2021-8-25
Use props
Depp
Captain
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Awesome pic of a great place!
2021-8-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

oh Wow,   stunning shot.  
2021-8-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Magnificent shot!    Can't wait to see the full video.
2021-8-26
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spectacular shot
2021-8-26
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

I'm glad you like it.

I'm also excited when the film is finished :-)

Half of the material I have now sifted and separated from the garbage.
So far the material is so great from Iceland.
About 7 days more I will need for the remaining 50%.
After that comes the film editing and the soundtracks with about 1 month.
And another month for color grading and fine tuning I guess.

Iceland is so beautifully varied and I know so far from no other country.
We had a M2P, DJI FPV, DJI Pocket 2 and a cable cam with us.

Greetings
Stefan
2021-8-29
Use props
ChrisJG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1725341 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb, I like it a lot.  Just curious, will your video take 3 months to film because of the quantity of footage, or is the post processing much work? Thank you * Edited , I've just seen your post above, thanks for the explanation. Look forward to seeing the finished film.
2021-8-29
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Both.
The amount of video and post-production takes a lot of time. When it comes to color grading, I don't want to leave anything to chance and have very precise ideas. Many motifs have also been filmed to match the weather (rain, fog, sunset, etc.) to support the later color grading.

We flew about 250 to 300 battery charges. The 12 batteries were recharged day and night at every opportunity. In addition, there are cable cam recordings (for recordings in no-fly zones), handheld camera, time-lapse and binaural 32-bit sound recordings (3D sound), approx. 3 TB of data. So a lot of material was collected that at the end of the day it was compressed to only about 10 minutes of film. Everything that is not 100% uncompromising has no chance in the created video. Sometimes it is not easy to say goodbye to some video material.

It might all sound crazy, but we're having a lot of fun doing it. It's like when surfers are looking for the perfect wave :-)
2021-8-29
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

The goals are so ambitious that it is not at all easy to achieve them. For us, the current project is an attempt to hopefully push your personal limits. Now I've written more than I wanted to. I think you can tell how much heart and soul is in here
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Stefan Zimmermann. Good day and thank you for posting this stunning photo you have captured. Great work and two thumbs us. .
2021-8-29
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-29 21:41
Hello there Stefan Zimmermann. Good day and thank you for posting this stunning photo you have captured. Great work and two thumbs us.  .

you are welcome DJI Stephen
2021-8-30
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

epic capture...
2021-8-31
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

What a great photo. Love to see photos instead of videos all the time
2021-9-1
Use props
NeonOrange
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2429462 ft
United States

Amazing shot!
2021-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, lovely!
2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 8-30 10:03
you are welcome DJI Stephen

Hi there Stefan Zimmermann. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2021-9-1
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

looking forward to see Stefan's video of iceland.
2021-9-2
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Hi guys, thank you very much! Pleased to meet you.
I am also looking forward to the finished film. Can hardly wait to be able to show it. But the quality has priority over everything. Even if you want to create it so fast, you should control yourself. It always pays off later.

Currently, I'm still screening the material. I think I need another week for this.

Probably the last photo I will show. Otherwise it gives away too much of the later film :-) That would also not be so good :-)
I-C-E-L-A-N-D-III.jpg

2021-9-2
Use props
BlackCat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 915 ft
United Kingdom

That is beautiful
2021-9-5
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

The volcano Fagradalsfjall is no longer often active, 1 to 2x per week and also not necessarily in the twilight/night.
Also, there are only about 1 to 2 days per week free visibility for a few hours.
The clouds hang here very often between the mountains. Only if the wind direction changes by 180 degrees, rarely, one has usually a change.
That all constellations come together, free view, twilight and active volcano, is quite rare.
Despite everything, many people just go up to be there, to have been there, even if they often unfortunately see nothing.

I once felt like extracting the next photo from the film
2021-9-6
Use props
allyssongemelli
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Amazing, nice shot!
2021-9-13
Use props
Frank Alonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

The shadows are super deep!  Amazing!  
2021-9-13
Use props
Frank Alonso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 9-2 13:30
Hi guys, thank you very much! Pleased to meet you.
I am also looking forward to the finished film. Can hardly wait to be able to show it. But the quality has priority over everything. Even if you want to create it so fast, you should control yourself. It always pays off later.

Also very nice.  Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
2021-9-13
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Stunning shot, Drone Fate! Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2021-9-14
Use props
Planner68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Awesome picture
2021-9-14
Use props
Gladsaxe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23927 ft
Denmark

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 9-6 11:34
The volcano Fagradalsfjall is no longer often active, 1 to 2x per week and also not necessarily in the twilight/night.
Also, there are only about 1 to 2 days per week free visibility for a few hours.
The clouds hang here very often between the mountains. Only if the wind direction changes by 180 degrees, rarely, one has usually a change.

Great shot
2021-9-14
Use props
dimidrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2116302 ft
Latvia

Wooowch! What an amazing capture! Well done mate!
2021-9-15
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

You are great guys :-)
The first minute video is ready :-) But there are still many open minutes.
Mostly I need 15 layers to edit all areas individually.
But it's a lot of fun to get the maximum out of the material.

If someone wants to watch the first minute and leave his honest criticism, I can send a link via PM. I would be happy...
publicly I would like to share it but not, that is otherwise distributed too much on the net, For this is still missing too much of the rest of the film.
Greetings
Stefan
2021-9-16
Use props
scubaAnn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4425230 ft
United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 8-29 14:38
Both.
The amount of video and post-production takes a lot of time. When it comes to color grading, I don't want to leave anything to chance and have very precise ideas. Many motifs have also been filmed to match the weather (rain, fog, sunset, etc.) to support the later color grading.

I like your passion! So detailed.
2021-9-25
Use props
theronmad
lvl.1

United States

Very beatiful photo, i loved in this capture
2021-9-29
Use props
fansa44d0a00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42589 ft
Italy

finished trimming mine yesterday!! it was not meant to be a cinematic video as I have a FPV and mostly used to visit placed I can hardly reach. Like the top of the Fagradalsfjall during the eruption of mid august (somewhere around in the middle of my video here   )

Nice picture of Swan lagoon! looking forward to see your!!
2021-10-2
Use props
Droffarc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11265331 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

fansa44d0a00 Posted at 10-2 00:54
finished trimming mine yesterday!! it was not meant to be a cinematic video as I have a FPV and mostly used to visit placed I can hardly reach. Like the top of the Fagradalsfjall during the eruption of mid august (somewhere around in the middle of my video here https://youtu.be/ubgr_YpbUMk  )

Nice picture of Swan lagoon! looking forward to see your!!

The fact that it is not meant to be cinematic adds to the value and experience. Well done!
2021-10-2
Use props
fenerti
lvl.1

United States

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 9-6 11:34
Also, there are only about 1 to 2 days per week free visibility for a few hours.
The clouds hang here very often between the mountains. Only if the wind direction changes by 180 degrees, rarely, one has usually a change.

Wow this is really awsome... This kind of picture make us wanna enter in a volcano
2021-10-3
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Awesome pic!
2021-10-3
Use props
djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK
New

United States

What I would find extremely useful and even something I would pay for is tips and tricks to photography and videography of Iceland specifically.  Heading there next August and I really want start prepping over the winter.   For example are there any filters you recommend?  Any best spots to shoot?  Etc etc
2021-10-4
Use props
fans53fa858f
lvl.1
United States

Iceland is gorgeous
2021-10-4
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK Posted at 10-4 11:41
What I would find extremely useful and even something I would pay for is tips and tricks to photography and videography of Iceland specifically.  Heading there next August and I really want start prepping over the winter.   For example are there any filters you recommend?  Any best spots to shoot?  Etc etc

I would only recommend ND filters to adjust the exposure time.

All other filters distort too much and also every additional glass always costs quality.

Also, I wouldn't recommend polarizing filters these days. It used to be not bad, before digital post-processing. But today you would rather have a neutral image to keep all post-processing options open later.

If you only shoot with a polarizing filter, everything would have the same look, which would be hard to remove later.

You want to cover the whole palette, sunset, fog, gray in gray in the rain, colorful, twilight with light highlights, etc.. It's best to shoot this as true to life as possible.

ND filters only are useful, but again, I wouldn't do everything fixed by default and recommendation. Using Motion Blur in post-processing afterwards just gives more options. But that doesn't work if the shot was already made with a low exposure time.

You can control with the exposure time, when rotating around the subject (POI), whether the background is blurred (Motion Blur / low exposure time) or sharp (short exposure time).

Even with subsequent slow motion via software, a very short exposure time is far more advantageous.

Therefore, there is no black and white as often communicated in forums. It is a creative artistic process and depends on the intended presentation.

Here are most of the photo spots as a map (a few are missing, but for the most part this is quite the map):

https://adventures.com/information/map-of-iceland/

But also here... the still unknown motives are often the better highlight. You should not do without them. People notice quite quickly how creative you work. Also whether something was created with heart and soul.

In any case, you should not go to Iceland for too short a time. Personally, I would never go to Iceland for less than 3 weeks.Iceland is unique in the world, you should appreciate it accordingly, enjoy it with all your senses.  Also, the weather and especially the wind is not always great. If you are there only 7 days, you have actually seen nothing. If there are still 5 days of strong winds, you will only be disappointed.

Otherwise, there are super many possibilities in the postprocessing. I myself disassemble the clips completely, clouds, sky, mountains in the background, light incidence, foreground, waterfall, etc. is processed separately. Applying colors and contrasts to the whole image is not very effective.

But it takes a hell of a lot of time!For each clip, every 6 seconds there is a new clip in the video, I need 4 to 8 hours.

It just takes a long time when you separate the image into its individual parts.  I have now edited 40 clips and 60% of the video still have ahead of me. In the end, I have invested about 500 hours of time.

On top of that, there are the audio tracks.Here I currently have 30 audio tracks in use, to support the individual clips.  At the end of the film (10 minutes long), there will be about 100 audio tracks.

Here is an artistic process and how the processing can positively emphasize the image content.

Background, sky, haze, foreground, blur, sharpness, colors, contrast and light incidence changed. Does not correspond more to the original.

Because people visualize only audio and video in movies, you have to help here and intensify the impressions. It doesn't help to simply want to show a true-to-the-original image. In real life, you would have felt the humid air, the subtle sounds, wind, cold, how the clothes get wetter and wetter. This gives a completely different impression than just watching the video in the living room. To leave a similar impression, the video must be adapted to this effect. If you only want to represent true to the original, you will never achieve anything with videos. For this, the many other senses of us humans are missing. Who understands this and corrects the image manipulation accordingly, can create goose bumps with the viewers.

You have to create feelings, stimulate people's memories. Only then does a video become an experience.

A small impression about the working method :-)

Before_1.36.jpg
Afer_1.36.jpg
2021-10-5
Use props
MM Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

great picture!
2021-10-9
Use props
JFO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132677 ft
United States

That’s is awesome!
2021-10-12
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK Posted at 10-4 11:41

Have a look at this. Rauðauga.
2021-10-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules