Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I C E L A N D
4797 61 8-25 14:42
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stefan Zimmermann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4581873 ft
  • >>>
Germany

djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK Posted at 10-4 11:41
What I would find extremely useful and even something I would pay for is tips and tricks to photography and videography of Iceland specifically.  Heading there next August and I really want start prepping over the winter.   For example are there any filters you recommend?  Any best spots to shoot?  Etc etc

I would only recommend ND filters to adjust the exposure time.

All other filters distort too much and also every additional glass always costs quality.

Also, I wouldn't recommend polarizing filters these days. It used to be not bad, before digital post-processing. But today you would rather have a neutral image to keep all post-processing options open later.

If you only shoot with a polarizing filter, everything would have the same look, which would be hard to remove later.

You want to cover the whole palette, sunset, fog, gray in gray in the rain, colorful, twilight with light highlights, etc.. It's best to shoot this as true to life as possible.

ND filters only are useful, but again, I wouldn't do everything fixed by default and recommendation. Using Motion Blur in post-processing afterwards just gives more options. But that doesn't work if the shot was already made with a low exposure time.

You can control with the exposure time, when rotating around the subject (POI), whether the background is blurred (Motion Blur / low exposure time) or sharp (short exposure time).

Even with subsequent slow motion via software, a very short exposure time is far more advantageous.

Therefore, there is no black and white as often communicated in forums. It is a creative artistic process and depends on the intended presentation.

Here are most of the photo spots as a map (a few are missing, but for the most part this is quite the map):

https://adventures.com/information/map-of-iceland/

But also here... the still unknown motives are often the better highlight. You should not do without them. People notice quite quickly how creative you work. Also whether something was created with heart and soul.

In any case, you should not go to Iceland for too short a time. Personally, I would never go to Iceland for less than 3 weeks.Iceland is unique in the world, you should appreciate it accordingly, enjoy it with all your senses.  Also, the weather and especially the wind is not always great. If you are there only 7 days, you have actually seen nothing. If there are still 5 days of strong winds, you will only be disappointed.

Otherwise, there are super many possibilities in the postprocessing. I myself disassemble the clips completely, clouds, sky, mountains in the background, light incidence, foreground, waterfall, etc. is processed separately. Applying colors and contrasts to the whole image is not very effective.

But it takes a hell of a lot of time!For each clip, every 6 seconds there is a new clip in the video, I need 4 to 8 hours.

It just takes a long time when you separate the image into its individual parts.  I have now edited 40 clips and 60% of the video still have ahead of me. In the end, I have invested about 500 hours of time.

On top of that, there are the audio tracks.Here I currently have 30 audio tracks in use, to support the individual clips.  At the end of the film (10 minutes long), there will be about 100 audio tracks.

Here is an artistic process and how the processing can positively emphasize the image content.

Background, sky, haze, foreground, blur, sharpness, colors, contrast and light incidence changed. Does not correspond more to the original.

Because people visualize only audio and video in movies, you have to help here and intensify the impressions. It doesn't help to simply want to show a true-to-the-original image. In real life, you would have felt the humid air, the subtle sounds, wind, cold, how the clothes get wetter and wetter. This gives a completely different impression than just watching the video in the living room. To leave a similar impression, the video must be adapted to this effect. If you only want to represent true to the original, you will never achieve anything with videos. For this, the many other senses of us humans are missing. Who understands this and corrects the image manipulation accordingly, can create goose bumps with the viewers.

You have to create feelings, stimulate people's memories. Only then does a video become an experience.

A small impression about the working method :-)

Before_1.36.jpg
Afer_1.36.jpg
10-5 04:00
Use props
MM Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 295161 ft
Germany

great picture!
10-9 02:49
Use props
JFO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132677 ft
United States

That’s is awesome!
10-12 20:28
Use props
G_Sig
Captain
Flight distance : 7381024 ft
Iceland

djiuser_T5Wegm3UGfEK Posted at 10-4 11:41
What I would find extremely useful and even something I would pay for is tips and tricks to photography and videography of Iceland specifically.  Heading there next August and I really want start prepping over the winter.   For example are there any filters you recommend?  Any best spots to shoot?  Etc etc

Have a look at this. Rauðauga.
10-13 19:03
Use props
Samrazonable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46923 ft
Philippines

my goodness! this place is out of this world!
10-13 20:58
Use props
scubaAnn
Captain
Flight distance : 3848009 ft
United States

Very pretty!
10-16 04:48
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

So, here's the next clip from the movie which is 50% finished :-)
ICELAND - Þórsmörk  - FullHD.jpg
10-16 06:21
Use props
bneloyDJI
lvl.2
Canada

my fav place. beautiful creation
10-16 21:09
Use props
dougscortegagna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 876 ft

Brazil

beautiful!
10-30 12:18
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7219793 ft
Brazil

Great pic! can you share the exact location?
11-17 08:52
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ro_flyer Posted at 11-17 08:52
Great pic! can you share the exact location?

Hi no_flyer, from which photo would you like to know? Greetings Stefan
11-17 09:00
Use props
HG1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 172999 ft
United States

Beautiful!
11-18 22:12
Use props
CoreyB10
Captain
Flight distance : 204803 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning landscape
11-19 08:14
Use props
djiuser_pbZqIJZShi12
New

Brazil

Real Very nice
11-20 16:13
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

Stefan Zimmermann Posted at 11-17 09:00
Hi no_flyer, from which photo would you like to know? Greetings Stefan

The very first one, with the road crossing the water
11-20 20:36
Use props
Stefan Zimmermann
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

ro_flyer Posted at 11-20 20:36
The very first one, with the road crossing the water

https://goo.gl/maps/i5bUJr6a586pvtwWA
11-21 11:16
Use props
HGDC84
First Officer
Finland

Those are amazing shots, I bet the complete video will be a true stunner!

I remember hearing somebody joke they thought all of the landscape pictures and videos of Iceland are computer-generated images... these look so epic I can almost see the idea behind the joke
11-21 15:33
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Brazil

Thanks mate!! Was it shot during the sunset, or sunrise?
11-22 12:49
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8698 ft

United States

BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHH THAT IS AWESOME
11-30 10:23
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.1

United States

That is amazing, what type of drone is that shot with?
11-30 10:24
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.1

United States

12 yr old LOL Posted at 11-30 10:24
That is amazing, what type of drone is that shot with?

Like the pic of iceland, can you send me a link to the vid? when u done.
11-30 10:26
Use props
12 yr old LOL
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys! I was wondering if anybody has a drone or camera sitting around that I could have? I know it is a lot to ask but I am hoping to edit videos and make a business when I am old enough. I am 12 starting to practice, I have the dji spark but would LOVE and upgrade. I don't have a income so I cannot buy one myself. LOL. Please eamil me if you do haveone. My email is . Thanks for your time!
11-30 10:26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules