1320 20 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just curious....For those of you who bought the DJI SPARK when it came out back in April 2017.   How many of you still own it (or even fly it)?   I'll keep this POLL open for 30 days.

FYI:  I no longer have mine (gave it to my step son but don't think he's flown it much either)

Regards,
Ron

Single SelectVote, Total 18 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

66.67% (12)
16.67% (3)
16.67% (3)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2021-8-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still own mine.  It’s mostly retired to museum status… but it’s my sacrificial Spark during storm flights.
2021-8-26
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 8-26 07:40
I still own mine.  It’s mostly retired to museum status… but it’s my sacrificial Spark during storm flights.

LOL...that's great!  "Sacrificial Spark" (I know exactly what you mean).  
2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Ron. Godo day and thank you for this inquiry. I hops that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Spark can give out these recommendations and insights with regards to this matter. Thank you and have a nice day.
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_FrCjzOgoSGcg
lvl.1

India

I want to own a spark in India. Please tell me if anyone had any leads. sritamdj@gmail.com
2021-8-28
Use props
Thanassis T
lvl.3
Flight distance : 180791 ft
Greece

I stil fly mine, everything is OK!
2021-8-30
Use props
FlightsPast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 28537 ft
United States

I still fly mine...it works perfectly for my uses and plan to use it for as long as I can.
2021-8-31
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FlightsPast Posted at 8-31 07:25
I still fly mine...it works perfectly for my uses and plan to use it for as long as I can.

Interesting results so far.....seems like a lot of folks are holding onto their SPARKs.  Good stuff!  
2021-9-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanassis T Posted at 8-30 06:18
I stil fly mine, everything is OK!

Good to hear!  
2021-9-1
Use props
Tomasz Laptas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2275102 ft
United Kingdom

I crashed mine a while ago, upgraded to AIR.
Comparing these two, Spark is a winner.
Apart from the camera Spark is much better drone.
Actually thinking about getting rid of AIR: because:
-battery sucks
-it's very loud
-you can't charge it via USB
-compass needs to be calibrated before each flight
-terrible for propeller flicker when it's sunny.
2021-9-2
Use props
Tom/Delaware
lvl.3
United States

I still have mine and the mini2. Fly them both. Sometimes at the same time. Mini for video and spark for stills.

Anyone know how to get new batteries for the Spark with out paying half the price for a mini 1?
2021-9-19
Use props
Arnie R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80958 ft
United States

I do am regretting owning it.  10 batteries and multiple accessories and due to the flying restrictions imposed by the FAA in my area, it has become a useless "toy" confined in its case along with it s accessories .
2021-9-20
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes still have 5 one in each colour.
2021-9-25
Use props
Mferris
lvl.1
United States

Just tried to fly mine this morning.    Video transmission and control issues.   Considering getting a Mini 2 (with Occusync) just to have a drone around in case of emergency.
2021-9-25
Use props
adamcorleone85
lvl.1

Poland

Welcome. I bought a spark and I have a problem. Maybe someone will help me ... Every now and then I lose my GPS. It catches satellites from 9 to 13 and on the smartphone it shows that the gps signal is weak. Anyone had such a problem? Has it been remedied? I cannot set a start point
2021-10-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Arnie R Posted at 9-20 16:50
I do am regretting owning it.  10 batteries and multiple accessories and due to the flying restrictions imposed by the FAA in my area, it has become a useless "toy" confined in its case along with it s accessories .

Sorry to hear that.  Yes, getting harder and harder to find places to fly.  Especially, good locations with interesting surroundings.  Does get frustrating when most beautiful locations are restricted to fly in.  Trust me..I feel your pain.  
2021-10-1
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

adamcorleone85 Posted at 10-1 05:01
Welcome. I bought a spark and I have a problem. Maybe someone will help me ... Every now and then I lose my GPS. It catches satellites from 9 to 13 and on the smartphone it shows that the gps signal is weak. Anyone had such a problem? Has it been remedied? I cannot set a start point

Sorry your having problems.  To be honest, it happens to most of us and the only work-around is to move to a new location.  Sometimes it's the difference between only moving just a few feet from where your standing.  Other times, you may have to move quite a distance off.  I've sometimes found that if I wait long enough or try to set the home point (even before it's got good satellite lock it can 'sometimes' help as well.  Or, even try re calibrating (spinning in circle) ....doesn't always work but I think many of us run into this issue.  I always try to get a clear view of the sky where ever I'm taking off from.  Staying away from being under any type of tree cover or anything that may block a satellite signal.    Not sure if that helps....
2021-10-1
Use props
adamcorleone85
lvl.1

Poland

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-1 07:23
Sorry your having problems.  To be honest, it happens to most of us and the only work-around is to move to a new location.  Sometimes it's the difference between only moving just a few feet from where your standing.  Other times, you may have to move quite a distance off.  I've sometimes found that if I wait long enough or try to set the home point (even before it's got good satellite lock it can 'sometimes' help as well.  Or, even try re calibrating (spinning in circle) ....doesn't always work but I think many of us run into this issue.  I always try to get a clear view of the sky where ever I'm taking off from.  Staying away from being under any type of tree cover or anything that may block a satellite signal.    Not sure if that helps....

Hi.  it happens even when I am standing in a great field without trees and power lines.  I've been to several and it's always the same
2021-10-1
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

adamcorleone85 Posted at 10-1 21:17
Hi.  it happens even when I am standing in a great field without trees and power lines.  I've been to several and it's always the same

Hi Adam,

If you turn on your Spark in a location away from your previous successful flight, it can be necessary to download almanac data from the GPS satellites. That can easily take 10 to 15 minutes, have that myself from time to time. Only after successful data download the Spark's GPS receiver can calculate a position fix.

HTH,
Wolferl
2021-10-2
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

adamcorleone85 Posted at 10-1 21:17

Two other things just to double-check.  Make sure your running the newest firmware (though I don't believe there's been anything new in a while) and DJI APP (on smartphone).

Second thing just to narrow down it's not a hardware problem is go to a totally different location (maybe 1/2 mile away) and see if problem still continues to follow.  GPS lock def. varies from location to location.  Just covering all the bases here.....
2021-10-2
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

RGMGFitness Posted at 10-2 06:08
Two other things just to double-check.  Make sure your running the newest firmware (though I don't believe there's been anything new in a while) and DJI APP (on smartphone).

Second thing just to narrow down it's not a hardware problem is go to a totally different location (maybe 1/2 mile away) and see if problem still continues to follow.  GPS lock def. varies from location to location.  Just covering all the bases here.....

Hi,

JFTR: It has nothing to do with the app version. In contrary, time has proven that newer Go4 versions tend to work worse than older ones, while not adding any benefit to the Spark pilot.

All the GPS processing is done in the Spark itself.
I do agree on having the newest firmware on the Spark and the R/C, though. But there is no firmware upgrade since years, and there will never be an upgrade for the Spark any more.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2021-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules