Android Tablet with DJI-FLY
962 5 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_12HtJoWtZQGu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35528 ft
France

I would like to make a general enquiries for tablet users for the DJI-Fly.
The list proposed by DJI is complete for tablets and smartphones IOS but only concerns some brand of Android phone and no tablet ... yet we know that some ANDROID tablets are compatible.
Those who will read this page could participate to enrich the knowledge, to allow others to choose the right tablet

What we know (thanks to TACO: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdfZhqhjNCUDXtsPeJfbDnZaaudmvX54fYd9zi_envX1SXwsg/viewform)

Please help us
I will try to update this list regularly with your answers

ARMv8-A 64bits (and 64bits os)

-> Samsung
-> Huawei
-> Xiaomi
-> OnePlus
-> Others
Galaxy A20e : OK
Honor 8X : OK
Mi 9 : OK
5 : OK
LENOVO Smart Tab 8 : NO
Galaxy A32 : OK
Honor P20 : OK
Mi 9T : OK
5T : OK
LG G7 ThinQ : NO
Galaxy A4 : OK
Mate 10 Pro : OK
Mi 9T Pro : OK
6 : OK
OPPO reno3 pro : OK (little problems)
Galaxy A5 : OK
Mate 20 Lite : OK
Mi Note 10 : OK
6T : OK
Vivo X50 : OK
Galaxy A50 : OK
Mate 20 Pro : OK
MiPad : OK
7 Pro : OK
Vivo X60 : OK
Galaxy A52 : NO/YES
P Smart : OK
Redmi Note 4 : OK
7T : OK

Galaxy A6 : OK
P20 : OK
Redmi Note 7 : OK

Galaxy A70 : OK
P20 Lite : OK
Redmi Note 8 Pro : OK

Galaxy A8 : OK
P20 Pro : OK
Redmi Note 8T : OK

Galaxy A9+ : OK
P20 Smart : OK

Galaxy Note10+ : OK
P30 : OK

Galaxy Note8 : OK
P30 Lite : OK

Galaxy Note9 : OK
P30 Pro : OK

Galaxy S10 : OK
P8 Lite : OK

Galaxy S10+ : OK
Y6 : NO

Galaxy S20 : OK

Galaxy S20 Ultra : OK

Galaxy S20FE : OK

Galaxy S21 : OK

Galaxy S7 : OK

Galaxy S7 Edge : OK

Galaxy S8 : OK

Galaxy S8+ : OK

Galaxy S9 : OK

Galaxy S9+ : OK

Galaxy Tab A : OK

Galaxy Tab A7 : OK

Galaxy Tab S2 : NO

Galaxy Tab S5e : OK

Galaxy Tab S6 : OK

Galaxy Tab S6 Lite : OK

Galaxy Tab S7 : OK

2021-8-26
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I disagree with at least one "OK" entry there. I had a Galaxy Tab A  SM-T290NZSCXAR and it definitely will not work with the Mini 2, the MA2, or the MA2s. It is too slow. Also it has no compass capability. There are many sub-models of the "Tab A" and some work while others do not.

This is a more comprehensive list: https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... ly-updated-daily.18
BUT.... keep in mind that a device may work for some drones but not others (faster, etc)

Also, just becaue a device works now does not mean it will work after an update to the app is installed. DJI does not test unapproved devices before a new update release.

2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder for compatibility and reliability purposes DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for reliability and compatibility purposes. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_12HtJoWtZQGu
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 19:01
Hello there. Good day and thank you for posting these information here at DJI Forum. Just a reminder for compatibility and reliability purposes DJI suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) for reliability and compatibility purposes. Rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

Thanks for your message. It is true that DJI provide a list on Phone compatible with the DJI, but NO LIST of Android Tablet, and like for IOS User, Android User would like to use the DJI-FLY on Tablet.
We Know that DJI prefer IOS user, but I think Android user are a majority.
I won't plan to bye a Ipad juste for that, because I d'ont like ISO system.
2021-8-27
Use props
djiuser_12HtJoWtZQGu
lvl.1
France

GaryDoug Posted at 8-26 13:23
I disagree with at least one "OK" entry there. I had a Galaxy Tab A  SM-T290NZSCXAR and it definitely will not work with the Mini 2, the MA2, or the MA2s. It is too slow. Also it has no compass capability. There are many sub-models of the "Tab A" and some work while others do not.

This is a more comprehensive list: https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... ly-updated-daily.18

For the tablet Galaxy A I don't know what to put. People using the 2019 tablet, in Europe for exemple, Can use it for the DJI FLY... It is depending of the tablet but also of the OS (32 or 64 bits) seems that differents dealer provide different OS...
2021-8-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_12HtJoWtZQGu Posted at 8-27 02:07
For the tablet Galaxy A I don't know what to put. People using the 2019 tablet, in Europe for exemple, Can use it for the DJI FLY... It is depending of the tablet but also of the OS (32 or 64 bits) seems that differents dealer provide different OS...

The difference, as I stated, is with the drone not the app. I could use it with the Fly app ok with the Mini but it would not work at all for the Mini 2, MA2, or MA2s.
2021-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules