Battery maintenance and the (two way) chager
783 7 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 297126 ft
Netherlands

I love the charger from the fly more kit, the two way charger I believe.You just place battery's in it, the rest is taken care op in a very clear and transparent way.

But two questions arise for me...

I also use it to hold and store the batteries wen I take the drone with me and I also plan to store it that way when the drone is not used for some period.

Particularly the latter is discouraged by people because it would disable some safety measures in the batteries?

Does anybody know if this is true?

Secondly, I read that every 3 months you need to recharge & drain (by flying) the batteries a couple of times.
Can you also use the charger to drain the batteries by using it as a powerbank?
Or does that not draw the same effect?

Han
2021-8-26
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

There was a firmware bug with the batteries preventing them from auto discharging if kept in the drone or the charging hub. It was addressed with the latest firmware. So you can keep them in the hub for storage.

If I know I am not going to use the drone for some time, I manually discharge the batteries right away (by using the hub as a powerbank) instead of waiting for the auto discharge to kick in.

I cannot think of any reason for in-flight discharging to be any better than powerbank method.

2021-8-26
Use props
UKMoose
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3657552 ft
United Kingdom

2021-8-26
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 8-26 11:18
There was a firmware bug with the batteries preventing them from auto discharging if kept in the drone or the charging hub. It was addressed with the latest firmware. So you can keep them in the hub for storage.

If I know I am not going to use the drone for some time, I manually discharge the batteries right away (by using the hub as a powerbank) instead of waiting for the auto discharge to kick in.

That is good to hear.

Should I check the battery software version, perhaps?
When was it resolved? The version? Do you happen to know that?

Thanks a ton
2021-8-27
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Hannibal_ Posted at 8-27 00:15
That is good to hear.

Should I check the battery software version, perhaps?

You are welcome It was the last update that came out, I think mid June. The thread of that firmware is at the top of the forum.

Just make sure your phone has internet connection and try each battery. If you are not getting any update notifications they are already using the latest one (you have to update all the batteries)

But as I said, manual discharge is fairly easy once you have the hub.
2021-8-27
Use props
Hannibal_
lvl.4
Netherlands

CemAygun Posted at 8-27 12:05
You are welcome  It was the last update that came out, I think mid June. The thread of that firmware is at the top of the forum.

Just make sure your phone has internet connection and try each battery. If you are not getting any update notifications they are already using the latest one  (you have to update all the batteries)

Sweet! Thanks!
2021-8-28
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

You are welcome
2021-8-28
Use props
NickelPlate
lvl.3
Flight distance : 506073 ft
United States

I too use the charging hub feature to transfer energy to another device but you have to keep an eye on it and the LEDs don't give you an exact voltage/cell. I wish they would add set and forget storage mode feature to the charging hub that would automate the process by discharging all three batteries down to the appropriate level and then shut off. Most RC lipo chargers have this feature.
2021-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules