Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Car Mount?
2333 2 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RWMorey
lvl.2
United States

Hi --

Can the RSC 2 be used as a kind of "steadicam" if the unit were mounted to a car?

I have a solid three cup suction cup mount that I have used with my Canon DSLR in the past to shoot some video. I have stabilized the video in Adobe Premiere and it looks okay but the vibration from the car is really hard to remove.

Would the RSC 2 do a better job of stablizing the video if I mounted it to my car? Has anyone done this?

I don't want to try it and risk over working the motors on the RSC 2 if this is a bad idea so I'm looking for anyone's thoughts on the idea.

Thanks

Rich

2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rich. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI Members who owns the DJI RSC2 and have used the said car mount can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that since this is a 3rd party accessory for your DJI RSC 2. We cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party accessory if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you.
2021-8-26
Use props
steffenjahn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15892 ft
Germany

These guys offer a wide range of car-mounts. It seems the RSC can handle the shocks of car vibrations...

https://tilta.com/shop/suction-disc-shock-absorption-cradle-head/

Cheers - Steffen
2021-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules