Balancing Ronin SC with Sony RX100 VII
1680 8 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pasqualito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19872 ft
Netherlands

Although its says that this camera could be compatible with the Ronin SC, the Sony will not be balanced correctly.

Ofcourse the Sony is a small (and light) camera with a fixed zoom lens in, so the weight will change (middlepoint) when you zoom in or out with the camera, even in de normal position of the lens its not working.

Was anybody succesful and did you have to use counterweights for this (to) light camera??

2021-8-26
Use props
Pasqualito
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19872 ft
Netherlands

Balancing Ronin SC with Sony RX100 VII

Although its says that this camera could be compatible with the Ronin SC, the Sony will not be balanced correctly.

Ofcourse the Sony is a small (and light) camera with a fixed zoom lens in, so the weight will change (middlepoint) when you zoom in or out with the camera, even in de normal position of the lens its not working.

Was anybody succesful and did you have to use counterweights for this (to) light camera??

2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Pasqualito Posted at 8-26 11:36

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about your experience. Could you film a video when this issue happens so I can see more details? Thanks for your support.
2021-8-26
Use props
djiuser_hfhQImP4qdIJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1580545 ft
United States

I have the same issue. The camera is too light to balance at all.  Not sure what to do.
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI_CMac_User
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1580545 ft
United States

Were you ever able to find a resolution to this issue?  I bought one of these units yesterday specifically for this camera and I can't even come close to balancing because of its light weight.  I would love to know what the fix is ASAP before I return this for a refund (I'm not buying a new camera).
2022-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJI_CMac_User Posted at 9-15 08:39
Were you ever able to find a resolution to this issue?  I bought one of these units yesterday specifically for this camera and I can't even come close to balancing because of its light weight.  I would love to know what the fix is ASAP before I return this for a refund (I'm not buying a new camera).

Hi there, may I know the camera and lens you are using for further confirmation?
You may try to use a counterweight and see if it helps to get the camera balanced.
2022-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_hfhQImP4qdIJ Posted at 9-15 08:34
I have the same issue. The camera is too light to balance at all.  Not sure what to do.

Hi there, please also tell me the camera and lens you are using for further confirmation.
2022-9-16
Use props
TrinityG
New

Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2022-9-16 05:26
Hi there, please also tell me the camera and lens you are using for further confirmation.

Hi Susan. I've seen you ask this question before but the make an model of the camera is in the subject heading of this thread (Sony RX100 VII). I have the same camera and the same DJI Ronin SC.
The camera has an integrated lens (not removable).
As mentioned by previous users, although the DJI compatibility guide for this device states that this particular Sony camera is compatible with it, it is still impossible to balance due to its light weight. I've tried all possible configurations and am never able to pass the balance test.
I can provide screenshots if needed.
2023-10-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

TrinityG Posted at 10-30 12:19
Hi Susan. I've seen you ask this question before but the make an model of the camera is in the subject heading of this thread (Sony RX100 VII). I have the same camera and the same DJI Ronin SC.
The camera has an integrated lens (not removable).
As mentioned by previous users, although the DJI compatibility guide for this device states that this particular Sony camera is compatible with it, it is still impossible to balance due to its light weight. I've tried all possible configurations and am never able to pass the balance test.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. To better help you, would you please record a video about the balance status for us?
2023-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules