1539 7 2021-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RonRathod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1234 ft

Australia

Hi!
Bought a new DJI MINI SE after owning a Mavic mini since it was released. I've noticed that the SE is much slower than my original mavic. Quite a different feel when it comes to controlling it as well. Never had crashes on my original mini in the two years but was crashing the SE quite a lot. Braking distance was higher as well. Not sure if this is an issue only with my drone? I tried a friends mini 2, feels a bit better and stable. Doesn't trail like the original but definitely handles much better than my SE given that they have the same upgrades propulsion wise.
Please help.
2021-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, we strongly suggest sending the unit to us as the unit already experience a crash, also for us to perform proper diagnostics on the unit. For you to send the unit, you can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-26
Use props
RonRathod
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-26 17:50
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, we strongly suggest sending the unit to us as the unit already experience a crash, also for us to perform proper diagnostics on the unit. For you to send the unit, you can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

The technicians claim that this is a sacrifice made for the SE and is normal.
I’ve attached a video link for reference https://youtu.be/zThQZzuQ8b8
2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RonRathod Posted at 8-27 10:10
The technicians claim that this is a sacrifice made for the SE and is normal.
I’ve attached a video link for reference https://youtu.be/zThQZzuQ8b8

Thank you for the confirmation and the video that you had provided. This might be because the Mini SE wind speed resistance increases to Scale 5. If the crashed that you had mentioned is only a slight crashed and there is no huge impact on the unit and you didn't receive any errors, you can feel free to use the unit, and no need to send it to us. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-28
Use props
RonRathod
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-28 01:15
Thank you for the confirmation and the video that you had provided. This might be because the Mini SE wind speed resistance increases to Scale 5. If the crashed that you had mentioned is only a slight crashed and there is no huge impact on the unit and you didn't receive any errors, you can feel free to use the unit, and no need to send it to us. Thank you for your support!

Could you please confirm this possibility? So I know if I've not bought a defective unit. My original worked perfect for two years and I can't seem to get my head around the fact that the new SE has a slower yaw.
2021-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

RonRathod Posted at 8-28 13:26
Could you please confirm this possibility? So I know if I've not bought a defective unit. My original worked perfect for two years and I can't seem to get my head around the fact that the new SE has a slower yaw.

Thank you for your response. We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!
2021-8-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 02:39
Thank you for your response. We will forward this to our designated team for further clarification. We will keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you!

Hello @DJI Paladin, the Mini SE is a cool little drone, and I enjoy flying this one from time to time.  To echo above comments, I did note that the factory preset yaw speed is slow, and there is no way to change it.  Apparently the only setting for the SE under advanced gimbal settings is the pitch.  Do you know if you are planning to add some yaw speed control in an udpate anytime soon?
2021-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

TonyPHX Posted at 9-10 15:45
Hello @DJI Paladin, the Mini SE is a cool little drone, and I enjoy flying this one from time to time.  To echo above comments, I did note that the factory preset yaw speed is slow, and there is no way to change it.  Apparently the only setting for the SE under advanced gimbal settings is the pitch.  Do you know if you are planning to add some yaw speed control in an udpate anytime soon?

Hi, Tony. Thank you for sharing your experience with the DJI Mini SE. With regards to your concern, I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support!
2021-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules