My Phantom Is Working Just Fine
1837 12 2014-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmtw000
lvl.3

United States

I see a lot of posts about problems with the Phantom 2s; flyaways, loss of control, etc. While not minimizing any problems people have had, I figured I'd start a thread about not having any issues to show new/prospective owners that most people don't have these troubles. So if you have a P2 that's working as expected, let us know.

I've had a P2 Vision Plus for about 3 months now. I have had 50+ flights with no issues, aside from discovering that the camera is not very good at night.
2014-11-26
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Another happy Phantom owner here.
V+ as I wanted a ready to go flying camera, no need for any mods or messing around on the kitchen table.
Oh and I did read the manual before flying, hence no dramas or unexpected events...
2014-11-26
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm sure I'll soon have deep and meaningful problems but, as a Newbie, I must admit that all my problems have been created by myself. Not reading the manual, not following instructions to the letter, assuming that the Vision + is idiot proof !

I'm taking videos of HD quality from situations I never dreamed of a couple of years ago and I'm having such fun. I'm also communicating with like-minded buddies from around the globe showing videos from incredible places. It could be worse - I could be a World of Warcraft geek !!!

We're all having problems or we're pushing technology further than it was designed but I'm loving it. Things could be better but I'm happy to say I'm so pro-DJI ☺️

Maybe I'll change my tune when I have my first flyaway but I'm having value from the bucks I've spent !

Malc
2014-11-26
Use props
insitb
lvl.3

Singapore

Ditto. A few minor bugs, which I'll report on my "Journey" post soon, because I know you're all waiting with baited breath.

But apart from a few wee hiccups, it's been smooth flying all the way. I think it's due to a lot of reading up and familiarizing that I did before actually flying my Phantom.

I think it's safe to say that the Phantom isn't a learn-as-you-fly platform.
2014-11-26
Use props
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

{:2_29:}
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

So far, so good.  The biggest issue I see is misinformation.  There is a lot of good, correct information out there and a lot if interpretive information.  If you are able to sift one from the other it's a very nice and stable machine.
2014-11-26
Use props
MalcB
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hey Mix - I'm having fun in this Newbie ideal world with the DJI Ivory tower. All is rosy and dandy so im looking forward to the next couple of months before these tinted glasses crack.

I've seen a few of your comments and replies and it's patently obvious that your down and dirty in the guts of these things. Hopefully I can enjoy life a bit more before succoming to the Ribbon Cable frustrations you've had.
2014-11-27
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Got my first Phantom in Feb of 2014 -- now I have a total of four.  And all still flying!  (Well... I did have some problems within the first week with one of my Phantom 2 Vision + which eventually resulted in a catastrophic crash but good documentation and a 4 week turnaround from DJI resulted in replacement with a refurbished unit)

Currently looking for a 12 step program to prevent me from buying any more of these addictive products...
2014-11-27
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

I have not had any problems with the Phantom 2 Vision.  The only thing that happened was on my first flight landing was it tipped over and as I landed on gravel it chipped the blade ends - prop guards solved that one.  Now that problem is no more and I usually hand catch now anyway.  It's an art.

Flying with the big boys

Flying with the big boys
2014-11-27
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm approaching my 100th flight and not a problem in sight! (knock on wood)

Glad to hear there are so many others who have not had any major issues with their Phantoms. It's always great to see a thread of satisfied flyers!
2014-11-27
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
lvl.4

China

Cool!
2014-11-27
Use props
Dragonrider
lvl.2

United States

I have just started flying my Vision 2+ V3 and have not had any issues and I am trying very hard to keep it that way!
2014-11-27
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

over 50 hrs flying 2 P2's and a P2V+ and no issues, all perfect (fingers crossed)
2014-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules