1615 8 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I recently aquired a new Smasung Galaxy A12 running Android 11, which I installed the Fly App 1.4.4 (1172, as I have had issues with 1.4.8 (1185)), I tried to pair the phone to the drone (Mini 2) to do a quick transfer, but it keeps saying pairing failed, I have tried various different ways of doing it but nothing seems to work, it sees the Mini 2 in the available devices, tries to connect but fails every time, I have tried connecting using the app and within the settings tab on my phone.

I have been up to now using a Samsung Galaxy A40 and that is working fine even though its an older phone, I know both are not on the list of supported devices, but you would have thought that the newer phone was more compatible than the older one?

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening, its not a big issue but a niggly one all the same.

Cheers

2021-8-27
Use props
George GR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2990653 ft
Greece

2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there delboyuk2508. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ) to see if the issue will still persist. If the issue will still persist there is an issue with the compatibility between the DJI Fly application and with the said mobile device ( Samsung Galaxy A12 ). In addition rest assured that DJI is continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mini 2 and for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.  
2021-8-27
Use props
Johnny_J
Second Officer

Sweden

For some very odd reason you need to have Location, Bluetooth and Wifi on in order for the QT to connect.
2021-8-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The location might be due to wifi laws
2021-8-27
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here's a quick and crude video I have created showing you how its done, hope it helps?
When there is no controller present or turned on, when you open the app it will show you the connect option once the AC is initialised

2021-8-27
Use props
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Still not working, not to worry it works ok with the older phone & I usually take the card out and put in my pc or laptop to work with anyway. If you wait until the screen changes on the video you will see the connection box appears but it always fails to connect.

2021-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

delboyuk2508 Posted at 8-28 05:45
Video to appear here soon

Are ya still struggling then?
2021-8-28
Use props
djiuser_ECRlv3Q7zIeP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176253 ft
United States

It looks like DJI uses WPS to connect to the DJI Mini Wifi. WPS has been removed from newer Samsung devices due to the security risks associated with WPS. Without WPS it looks like it will not be possible to connect to the DJI Mini Wifi for Quick Transfer.
2022-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules