Mini 2 Max Altitude Limitation & The New Drone Rule 2021
123Next >
26151 96 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Hello team DJI... the Indian government has published the new Drone Rules 2021 (publised 26th August 2021) in which the maximum altitude in green zones has been lifted to 400ft (120m) from th eold limit of 15 meters. Please remove the 15 meter height restriction in the DJI app and release a new version quickly. You have a lot of customers eagerly awaiting to fly high with your drones.

New Drone Rules
Scroll down for the English version.

2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-8-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, that was a very nice change by the Indian government for recreational drone flyers.  120m vs 15m is a huge difference.  
2021-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-28 04:34
Wow, that was a very nice change by the Indian government for recreational drone flyers.  120m vs 15m is a huge difference.

To be fair, 15m was a pure joke, trees are taller than that lol, I thought the Belgians had it bad, 15 is just crazy
2021-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Ya link is not working, well, its not there so not working lol
2021-8-28
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Bashy Posted at 8-28 06:48
Ya link is not working, well, its not there so not working lol

Oops my bad.. my first post here you know!

https://egazette.nic.in/WriteReadData/2021/229221.pdf
2021-8-28
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Bashy Posted at 8-28 06:47
To be fair, 15m was a pure joke, trees are taller than that lol, I thought the Belgians had it bad, 15 is just crazy

15 meters is no more than a 3 story building. Because of this the RTH function was pretty much useless, tall trees and buildings would be painted with drone parts.
2021-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 22:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Here is the Link for you to forward @DJI Paladin
2021-8-28
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mmanoj Posted at 8-28 19:21
15 meters is no more than a 3 story building. Because of this the RTH function was pretty much useless, tall trees and buildings would be painted with drone parts.

Didnt think about the issues with RTH, but yeah, I can see it now lol glad they saw sense!
2021-8-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-28 06:47

Agree 100%.  With that restriction RTH would be useless.
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Bashy Posted at 8-28 20:20
Here is the Link for you to forward @DJI Paladin

Thank you for providing us this link, Bashy. This will surely be forwarded. Thank you!
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
India

When can we expect to have the height update.? Eagerly waiting please do reply!!
2021-9-1
Use props
ts_11
lvl.1
India

Has there been updates to the app ? Is the restriction removed ?
2021-9-8
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

funny how it might take forever to "raise" the limit but if the order came down to "lower" the limit, you would see the app changed within a matter of hours and the previous apps disabled. /s
2021-9-8
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Hi @DJI Paladin

Could you please confirm that your team has confirmed the relaxed regulations and let us know a rough time line on when to expect an app update?

Please understand that the height restriction is crippling the RTH function. If the RTH function were to be activated automatically in case of signal loss or low battery it would be a disaster since 15 meters is like the height of a 3 storied building or any other tree! The government has understood this or may be they just realised the older rules (released on March 12th 2021) were putting things close to banning of drones, that they released a superseding rule within 5 months! You may also note that the ministry of civil aviation even released a draft version of the new rule much ahead to invite public opinion before the final version was released. If the government of the second most populated country in the world has taken such efforts for reform a company like DJI should be able to do this in no time. After all we're only asking you to comment the lines of code that makes the height selection slider insensitive!
2021-9-8
Use props
niranjan94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18356 ft
India

Hi @DJI Paladin !

Hope your team was able to verify the change in drone regulations here in India.

We're all eagerly waiting for the 15m limit currently enforced by DJI to be revoked and updated as per the latest regulations from the Government of India. As pointed out by others above, the current 15m limit is making day-to-day drone use quite difficult and in many cases dangerous too (due to RTH height also being restricted to a max of 15m). Revising these limits ASAP would really help anyone who is currently contemplating buying a DJI Mini drone and also remove the need for users to depend on drone/firmware hacks (which could potentially be dangerous to the drone) to workaround the current limits and problems.

We are all waiting for speedy update so that we can take our Mini's to the sky ASAP and have fun
2021-9-13
Use props
djiuser_HMpb6LNbrnPO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109088 ft
United States

Thanks for pointing this out. We are all hoping this update will come soon. I almost hit a tree trying to fly it so low. I am glad the update was made by the government, makes the drones actually useful. Now waiting for the app update. Pushing for a quick update.
2021-10-1
Use props
djiuser_olp7VYSGHraL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 129931 ft
India

Any due date on the update?
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_H3k83pxtgi2C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 949626 ft
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 02:42
Thank you for providing us this link, Bashy. This will surely be forwarded. Thank you!

Any update on this and the timeline for height increase?
2021-10-9
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
India

Either DJI wants us to use thrid party tools to hack DJI drone or don't have intentions for good customer relation. Atleast give us a timeline. This is really frustrating.
2021-10-11
Use props
djiuser_0wbJtkLAzuNv
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2024 ft

India

Hi DJI.
Looking for a firmare upgrade based on new Drone Laws in India.
Kindly help in changing the altitude limit soon as people have started traveling again after Pandemic and looking for some great flying experience.
2021-10-12
Use props
djiuser_H3k83pxtgi2C
lvl.2
Flight distance : 949626 ft
India

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 02:42

Hello, inquiring once again if there has been any progress on this issue.
Please let us know if there is someone better we could contact to get this issue resolved.
Other than constantly being at risk of hitting trees, the quickshot video modes are also severely restricted due to the height restrictions.
I was unable to remove the restriction though a FlySafe request as well.
Please provide us a timeline or an alternate contact to increase the hight restriction.
2021-10-13
Use props
sastudrossi
New

Germany

DJI, please update the App soon.
15m rule was in fact more risky for crashes than safety. 120m for green zone is real news. Nano drones can fly in the green zone.
DGCA also released map to check Green Zone https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/airspace-map/#/app
2021-10-16
Use props
droneriffledchi
lvl.2

Latvia

Does the app restrict the drone from taking off over 15 meters even if you set your max altitude to 120 meters?
2021-10-16
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

droneriffledchi Posted at 10-16 02:39
Does the app restrict the drone from taking off over 15 meters even if you set your max altitude to 120 meters?

Matter of fact, the slider that let's you set the maximum altitude is glued to 15 meters. You cannot even change this setting.
2021-10-16
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

It is almost 2 months since the rules have been revised and brought to your (DJI's) attention. It is absolutely frustrating to see the kind of sluggish response from DJI. It's as though you (DJI) don't care! How many more months do you (DJI)  need before you can implement such a simple change? I am starting to think it was a mistake buying a DJI product.
2021-10-16
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mmanoj Posted at 10-16 19:08
It is almost 2 months since the rules have been revised and brought to your (DJI's) attention. It is absolutely frustrating to see the kind of sluggish response from DJI. It's as though you (DJI) don't care! How many more months do you (DJI)  need before you can implement such a simple change? I am starting to think it was a mistake buying a DJI product.

Well, as its legal now, you can use a workaround if you want but ya have to pay, i will PM you, the choice is yours then
2021-10-16
Use props
steamship
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229180 ft
Russia

mmanoj Posted at 10-16 19:08

How many more months do you (DJI)  need before you can implement such a simple change?

Don't hold your breath. I contacted them back in February in regard to having an update done on the FlySafe data to remove the restrictions on a runway that hasn't been used in 11 years (and never will again). I provided them with all the relevant data including maps, GPS co-ordinates and even links to the official NATS database showing it to be non-operational. Was told that it would be implemented in the next version, which it hasn't.

Something as simple as increasing the height restriction for a country should be simple, as it should only be a single variable that needs changed.
2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_FPpeoG9FHDJ6
lvl.1

India

Please remove the height restriction based on new drone rules in India. Planning to buy Mini 2. Please do it ASAP!!
2021-10-21
Use props
djiuser_zmo00rG5JiHx
New

India

Waiting for the update…
2021-10-24
Use props
Ishiki
New
Flight distance : 144 ft
India

Hi team DJI, Please release a new version quickly with the new legal zone restrictions. As a lot of DJI fans want a legal way to proceed with the drones and fly high.
2021-10-27
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
India

DJI, I have a toy which cost me around INR 65k.!!!! How long and how many engineer will it take for for a big company like DJI to just remove the height limit.
2021-10-28
Use props
djiuser_FsoZmJiKUNRP
New

India

Very disappointed with DJI's behaviour.
DJI won't sell in India or honor the warranty even if we go through the trouble of getting it from abroad by paying a premium.
But they have no issues supporting out dated rules or even following India regulations in the first place!
If you can follow India regulations so judiciously then you should honor warranty and provide support as well.
2021-10-31
Use props
RudraNC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31916 ft
India

Is there any update on removing the Height Limit? We are all are eagerly waiting for this update. Please take a look at this @DJI
2021-11-2
Use props
hunterws
Second Officer
Flight distance : 382536 ft
United States

My suspicious side tells me they don't service countries that the motherland doesn't like.
Watch and see over time,, the problems that pop up, and where they are located.

The silence in this thread from DJI is enough to make you consider another brand, eh?
I haven't flown since May due to lagging updates, I trusted one, lots of problems, and have yet to try out the latest one.
I'm really let down, and don't want to crash my investment, as right now .... I can sell it.   Still waiting.  
Autel has superior customer service, and that is what will win the great drone race (more so than prices).
2021-11-2
Use props
djiuser_oLHqO0WbRSvJ
New

India

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please Update the 15 meter
2021-11-8
Use props
SunilHH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075016 ft
India

I have had 2 crashes because of this 15meter limit, The coconut trees in India are much taller than the limit imposed by DJI
Despite government  allowing the increase in height for green zone, DJI is yet to change it, how long should we wait for this change to happen?
2021-11-8
Use props
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157779 ft
India

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Paladin,

Please at least confirm , if DJI is looking into this, give us an update any progress to fellow Dronites , so that we can at least have some relief.
2021-11-9
Use props
toothles-drogon
New

United States

Hello DJI team,

I've been following this for a long time now and now decided to jump in on this.

I work in support! I know how these things work. if you don't have anything. you do not respond.

can you acknowledge if you have seen this post and are working tirelessly towards the resolution of this? if not, can you confirm it's not going to happen so that we could stop hoping for this and stop using DJI Fly? I'm going to say it on-spot - we can and are using dronehacks.com's software to increase the height in India and this seems to be working. it's just that we do not want to use third-party products when it's not illegal anymore to fly beyond 15 Meters of height.

if you cannot respond, can you suggest if there is any way we could raise this as a support ticket?

Waiting patiently for your response on this. Any response at all.
--
Thank you!
Toothless Drogon.

2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
India

Today there was an update on flysafe database. But FORTUNATELY they didnt change the height limit. Now we have to wait and follow up FORTUNATELY. This has been a very good experience. Kudus DJI!!
2021-11-11
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules