123Next >
26068 96 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157779 ft
India

I think this is the latest update and reply from DJI support. Hopefully something will come up soon.
2021-11-11
Use props
djiuser_g7n2qz6NDogU
lvl.1

India

I also haven't been able to make full use of my Mavic Mini due this 15m height restriction. I followed the discussion here and contacted DJI's Support regarding the updated rules. Glad to note they were very prompt in the response. Below is their reply about the updated rules and why the 15m restriction is still in place:

"We have noticed relevant laws and regulations, and after confirming with our concerned team, although the DGCA has lifted the 15-meter altitude limit, the DGFT related regulations have not yet been updated, so the 15m flight altitude limit cannot be lifted currently. However, our concerned team is communicating with relevant Indian authorities to confirm this issue as soon as possible. Any updates will be notified if there is."

https://content.dgft.gov.in/Website/Notification%20No.30%20of%202015-20.pdf is the last notification that I could find on DGFT's website related to drone imports and I think the same seems to be restricting DJI from increasing the height limit for Nano drones. This notification though was based on DGCA guidelines issued in 2018. And the policy has changed a lot after that. Though DGFT still seems to be following their  rules set in 2018.

If anyone else is aware of a more recent DGFT notification about Drone imports, then please post here.
2021-11-12
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13448 ft
India

I believe DJI has removed the limitation now. I updated to the latest version of the Android app available for download from their site (not the Play Store version) - V 1.5.0

After installing it, the altitude limit was set to 500m. However, just like when it was set to 15m, you can't change it (the slider is still grayed out but it's at 500m instead of 15m) but you can change the auto-RTH altitude (that slider is unlocked).

DJI, if you're reading this, could you revert the functionality back to the old way where the altitude slider wasn't grayed out and allowed you to pick a max altitude below  between 0 and 500m. Right now, it's fixed at 500m which means you can't limit it to anything below that. It's great that the restriction is lifted but offers less control than before since you have to keep an eye on the altitude reading and manually ensure you're not flying above the limit.
2021-11-14
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
India

donewright Posted at 11-14 15:42
I believe DJI has removed the limitation now. I updated to the latest version of the Android app available for download from their site (not the Play Store version) - V 1.5.0

After installing it, the altitude limit was set to 500m. However, just like when it was set to 15m, you can't change it (the slider is still grayed out but it's at 500m instead of 15m) but you can change the auto-RTH altitude (that slider is unlocked).

Is it for mavic mini 2? I tried dowloading the app from dji website but 15m height is still there?
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_imMQmaHKqQqJ
New

India

Please confirm whether it is for mini 2
2021-11-16
Use props
djiuser_p2OHZpWzVkqk
New
India

@DJI please please please update the damn app so we can fly above 15m. This is taking too damn long for something so simple. The Indian government has allowed it, so I really don't see the issue. Please update the height restriction ASAP. Thank you.
2021-11-16
Use props
PabhuPro
lvl.1

India

So i went and tested it out, and it is not flying above 15m... I dont know why DJI isnt Updating the App to fly above 15m... Probably Indian government hasnt given them a correct response on to Let it fly above 15m or not... Anyhow it will be done relatively soon, i hope because the laws have been changed. I hope it gets done soon... DJI please let us know if there have been ANY updates or WHY this update is delayed.
2021-11-16
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
India

Funnily enough, the 1.5.0 version I mentioned earlier went from 500m to 15m today when I tried to actually fly the drone. There was an update available and even the latest version didn't allow flying above 15 meters. Anyway, only version 1.2.1 of the DJI Fly app can still be used to fly the drone above 15m (for Mavic Mini at least)
2021-11-21
Use props
SunilHH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075016 ft
India

3 months since the thread started, and we still waiting for DJI to implement the change.
2021-12-5
Use props
Capt.DJI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157779 ft
India

@DJI what's the point of this forum if anybody doesn't recognise any post or give any reply from moderator to DJI itself.
2021-12-7
Use props
fansa58a3d53
New

Germany

@DJI, so many complains, when will you remove the limitation?
2021-12-8
Use props
fansa58a3d53
New

Germany

See digisky official website>>> https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/certified_rpas
Please update app soon. It has been already tooAABJRU5ErkJggg==[/img]

2021-12-8
Use props
SunilHH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075016 ft
India

2021-12-8
Use props
djiuser_ULPxLIK4c03f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10722 ft
India

Hello guys,
I have raised a ticket few days back for this 15 m restrictions and got this reply as in the attachment from Dji support.

Request you all please raise queries till the time this issue get solved.
0EE13697-6E0B-4987-B284-CFB07ED565EC.jpeg
2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_dUSmnW187ZzF
New

India

There was a firmware update today. Eagerly updated it immediately thinking that the height restriction will be lifted. But sadly it still isn’t
2021-12-9
Use props
enayat
lvl.1

India

Dont see any update yet. Hopeless customer service.
2021-12-12
Use props
enayat
lvl.1

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 22:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Any update on this ?
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_FPpeoG9FHDJ6
lvl.1

India

Please remove the 15m restriction DJI! @dji
2021-12-13
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Very difficult to decide whom to trust.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/india/more-and-more-drones-are-taking-to-sky-in-india-after-rules-ease-7823401.html/amp

Article here is talking about everything made favorable to operate drones while DJI is still complaining about DGFT holding it back. Utterly frustrating.
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_hQoX5OqiZvTi
New

India

Where is the details or communication from dji on holdvack from DGFT?
2021-12-14
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Screenshot from 2021-12-15 12-28-21.png
2021-12-14
Use props
djiuser_D9VAqospkiGb
New

India

Hello dji
The altitude of 15 m is ridiculous for your drones. I hope you understand the agony we are facing whole having such beautiful drone. Please update the maximum height altitude
2021-12-15
Use props
Hawkeye Dronography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

Wow, I can't believe it was that short to begin with. Might as well jump and film with your phone lol
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_HMpb6LNbrnPO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 109088 ft
India

This limitation is crazy. The government already removed the restrictions. I have travelled to many places in India, but wasn’t able to get the shot I wanted because of the height limitation. Please try and push the negotiation dji!
2021-12-15
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

China and India battle it out in some area.
https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/ ... een-China-and-India

They don't want India to know too much so restricting the altitude ceiling to 15m is a wise decision.

2021-12-15
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
India

I believe this is the DGFT related regulations that DJI Support is referring to:
https://content.dgft.gov.in/Webs ... %20of%202015-20.pdf

Maybe if all of us tweeted at DGFT or reached out via other channels, they would amend this and send out and updated circular.
DGFT on Twiiter: https://twitter.com/dgftindia
Email:
dgftedi[at]nic[dot]in
dgft[at]nic[dot]in
2021-12-19
Use props
djiuser_Gl7JstCLeUOD
New

India

Any updates for the height limit?
2021-12-20
Use props
djiuser_kQjso5tTToqa
New

India

donewright Posted at 12-19 00:12
I believe this is the DGFT related regulations that DJI Support is referring to:
https://content.dgft.gov.in/Webs ... %20of%202015-20.pdf

I have tweeted them. Did you get any response from them?
2021-12-23
Use props
2Boomers
lvl.3
Flight distance : 936604 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 10-16 20:15
Well, as its legal now, you can use a workaround if you want but ya have to pay, i will PM you, the choice is yours then

hi, im flying to india feb 2022 - the map with the red zones is where you cant fly?
Can I bring my dji mini 2 and dji air2s into the country to take photos and video?
thanks
2021-12-25
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
India

2Boomers Posted at 12-25 04:42
hi, im flying to india feb 2022 - the map with the red zones is where you cant fly?
Can I bring my dji mini 2 and dji air2s into the country to take photos and video?
thanks

You probably can but I'd check with the airline first and then the DGCA and DGFT next. You can't fly it though if you're not an Indian resident with a UIN which is unfortunate. You'll have to ask an Indian operator with a UIN to fly it.

You'd be okay to fly your drone anywhere that's not marked Airport Red, Airport Yellow, International Boundary or Airspace - Geozone (enable these layers under Visualization) in this map: https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/airspace-map/#/app (FYI, the loading time is horrendously slow)

You can probably fly in some of these zones as well with prior permission but why bother. I'd stick to flying outside of the areas outlined on the map.
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_cbA5mizX9ARm
New
Flight distance : 318 ft

India

Any updates on this ?? It's really really very frustrating to see the drone lying just like a dumb thing.
2022-1-5
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
India

I don't know why DJI needs the DGFT to update their regulations since the governing body for civil aviation is the DGCA. The DGFT only governs foreign trade so while importing new drones into the country that can fly above 15 meters might be a problem since the DGFT hasn't updated their policy, how does that affect drones that were already imported to and sold to customers in India?

DGFT doesn't decide how high they can fly, DGCA does and if the DGCA says you can fly it upto 400 feet, why are you stopping us from doing that, DJI?
2022-1-15
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

No one from dji will reply to this post. They ignore any post that they can't answer with some canned response.
2022-1-15
Use props
djiuser_BAQbbcpAA6UB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7070 ft
India

I think they are cashing on 3rd party tools for the altitude change. I dont see any other reasons now. And whatever the reasons, this company is full of .... Been waiting for long time running out of patience now.
2022-1-17
Use props
Hgm83
New

India

i was informed by DJI support that though DGCA has lifted the 15m altitude restriction, DGFT related regulations has not been updated so DJi cannot lift the 15m altitude for now
2022-1-18
Use props
mmanoj
lvl.1
India

Hgm83 Posted at 1-18 23:19
i was informed by DJI support that though DGCA has lifted the 15m altitude restriction, DGFT related regulations has not been updated so DJi cannot lift the 15m altitude for now

This is the same reason they quoted over two months ago. There is so much of buzz about India expanding the horizon for drones and here is one of the front runners in drones (DJI) appearing to struggle for implementing the change for which government support is already there. So if you ask me the DGFT story is all bullocks. If they can't get this sorted out, they (DJI) is not worthy of operating in this market.
2022-1-19
Use props
djiuser_mAU8oZDbaKDl
New
Flight distance : 380554 ft
India

So, stil no updates on this topic? This is kinda forcing us to use 3rd party tools isnt it?
2022-1-29
Use props
AeroShots
lvl.1

India

Welcome me to the club boys !! For I have got a new mini2 which I flew yesterday only to realize that the altitude is restricted to 15 metres.

To give you a hack, I went to the roof of my apartment (approx 14 metres) and from there it went up 15 metres totalling 29 metres height from the ground level.

It is important however to unlock the height so that you can really enjoy what you wanted to and paid for. Is there any chat group for India?
2022-1-31
Use props
djiuser_1e35ScOuGhjG
lvl.1

India

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-8-27 22:47
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Thank you for providing us this information. We will forward this to our designated team for attention. We will keep you posted once we hear from them. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi there, any update on above ?
2022-2-2
Use props
djiuser_1e35ScOuGhjG
lvl.1

India

I just got the mini2 and came to know about height restriction, definitely wouldn't have bought it had i known, Dji doesn't seem to bother responding, is this your customer care ? Total money waste
2022-2-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules