26056 96 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donewright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13448 ft
India

AeroShots Posted at 1-31 01:54
Welcome me to the club boys !! For I have got a new mini2 which I flew yesterday only to realize that the altitude is restricted to 15 metres.

To give you a hack, I went to the roof of my apartment (approx 14 metres) and from there it went up 15 metres totalling 29 metres height from the ground level.

You can use version 1.2.1 of the DJI Fly app to fly the drone above 15m (for Mavic Mini at least). I don't have a Mini 2 to confirm if it works on that one.

This is of course a terrible solution because by using an older version of the app, you're missing out on important updates/features pushed to newer versions. However, currently this seems to be the only way you can fly above 15 meters without resorting to using third party tools/mods to remove the height restriction.
2022-2-3
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

https://drone-hacks.com/nfz-altitude-limit-removal
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_jZepPm5ihD6k
New

India

Hello DJI,

Will you be removing the 15mtr limit in India? Please provide an update, since this 15 mtr, defeats the purpose of using a drone.
2022-2-6
Use props
donewright
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13448 ft
India

Hey DJI, the DGFT just banned import of drones to India (I think the government is just being stupid and this is a step in the worst possible direction, but it is what it is) so getting them to remove the 15-meter height limit for drones that are imported to India is a moot point now.

Why don't you do the right thing and remove the 15-meter limit for all of your existing Indian customers. If you do, I might consider buying another DJI product in the future, be it your gimbals, action camera, mic or something else. However, if you continue to be arrogant and a thorn in our feet, I'll make sure I never buy another DJI product even if I know they're generally superior to the competition. Maybe I'll just have to wait and see what the 'Make in India' drones are like. I'm pretty sure they'll suck and possibly be more expensive but at least they won't intentionally cripple their drones like you are currently doing even when you don't have to.

END RANT.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_QAVKdTxGgL9I
New
United Arab Emirates

Can DJI please confirm any progress or timelines here?
2022-2-10
Use props
nirajp
lvl.1

India

Any update from DJI on this?
This is impacting all the creators relying on DJI products.
2022-2-18
Use props
rajat_007
New

India

Hi DJI Team,

Please update the new height limit for DJI Mini 2 from 15m to 120m.. Thousands of drone users in India are eagerly awaiting.. Please release the update ASAP.
Thanks
2022-2-22
Use props
djiuser_voJWON06yiFK
lvl.1

India

This is ridiculous,  still we don't have update for the height restriction in india from dji?

Funny this huge brand can't do some quick updates
2022-3-1
Use props
SunilHH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1075016 ft
India

There is no point in waiting, its been 5 months since the India Govt order and still the restrictions apply. Had enough of it.
Yesterday I paid for the hack and now I can fly up to 120meters.

Thanks DJI for not supporting Indian users.
2022-4-4
Use props
fansaf020f89
New

India

I think all these dgft talks are just excuses. DJI is mad that government has banned import and they are taking it out on the customers - it’s shameful to say the least. I pity them for stooping so low.
2022-5-15
Use props
djiuser_rOsZyy5zGN4c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13967 ft
India

Looks like DJI has no intention to increase the limit. Might have to look for other alternatives I guess.
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_ir9QRqyrhiU5
New

India

Mini 3 comes with 120 meter limit, mini 2 still waiting for update. Same rules apply to both. No reason not to update for mini 2.
2022-7-30
Use props
djiuser_ErWv5a9SCObd
lvl.1

India

I just got Dji mini-2 and the height restriction of 15 meter is there. How do I make it higher.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_ErWv5a9SCObd
lvl.1

India

I just got Dji mini-2 and the height restriction of 15 meter is there. How do I make it go higher.
2022-8-11
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

djiuser_ErWv5a9SCObd Posted at 8-11 21:04
I just got Dji mini-2 and the height restriction of 15 meter is there. How do I make it go higher.

See post #82

DJI seems like they are in no hurry to resolve this, if they will at all due to current circumstances.
2022-8-12
Use props
djiuser_HMpSPihWwa0u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3642 ft
India

Its 02.12.2022 still DJI hasn't taken any measure to remove the 15m Restrictions,
Probably DJI don't want anymore customers from india i guess, my bad got a DJI Mini 2 and stuck with the drone with no where to go.
There is no proper reply from DJI support too.
Its time to say no to DJI
2022-12-2
Use props
djiuser_HMpSPihWwa0u
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3642 ft
India

djiuser_1e35ScOuGhjG Posted at 2-2 11:16
I just got the mini2 and came to know about height restriction, definitely wouldn't have bought it had i known, Dji doesn't seem to bother responding, is this your customer care ? Total money waste

Exact same feeling no use of customer support
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules