Mode 1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

As a seasoned flyer of RC planes and helis, I have always flown Mode 1. Since I started flying my P3P, I've left the stick configuration in it's original Mode 2 setup but sometimes my reactions when I fly, I revert back to what I'm used to. Anyone out there re-configured their transmitter to Mode 1?
2015-7-27
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Goes against all of my inner fiber!!! I have always flown throttle/rudder left. I would choke quick on any other mode. Just my 2 pennies!
2015-7-27
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

I fly mode 1...  25 yrs in RC using mode 1 so didn't even bother to try in mode2...

You can just switch it in the app in 5 seconds..  I've switched mine back to Mode2 for a couple of other people to fly it, then back to mode1 for myself and no issues...

With the centre-sprung sticks there are no other changes than the setting in the App, so it's a no-brainer really. ;-)

Cheers, Chris H.
2015-7-27
Use props
airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

kiwichrish Posted at 2015-7-28 11:41
I fly mode 1...  25 yrs in RC using mode 1 so didn't even bother to try in mode2...

You can just sw ...

A couple of times when I've been flying, my instincts have switched to Mode 1, not good! Have made the switch now.
2015-7-27
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Good call. :-)

I flew my P3 in mode 2 a couple of times out of curiosity...  Not good is all I'll say. :-)  If it'd been windy or GPS dropped out and I had to use ATTI it'd be a pile of spare parts...

On the up side, old hand like us will probably never loose a bird to a flyaway because we can actually fly the darned thing. :-)

2015-7-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I think it's great that DJI provided these options for you pilots that are used to Mode 1.
Personally, I am perpetually in Mode 2 because all of my flying experience has been Mode 2, right from the very beginning of my RC flying.
Some much cheaper models, are purchased with an included Tx radio controller, that only have Mode 2, and no way to change this.
I know how awkward it must be if you had to stay in Mode 2.  Being Left handed I have had similar experiences...

RedHotPoker
2015-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules