Mavic Pro - Lost RC Bind, No Wifi output, Won't connect to Assistant
637 10 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marcello7x
lvl.1

United States

Hey, Looking for help on how to fix my Mavic Pro. I have been using it daily recently, then while indoors I wanted to quickly download a video to my phone without pulling the SD card and all of a sudden gave a gimble error, I left the back brace on it, and disconnected from the remote. Since then I could not get it to connect, bind, output wifi etc. I have been using it to record daily progress on a construction project and need to get it working ASAP!

After reading a few posts i downloaded and installed Assitant 2. I am able to connect to the RC and update firmware on 2 different computers [one mac, one PC] but neither will recognize the Drone itself.

Lastly the drone heat sync seems to get a bit hot while sitting on trying to connect to Assistant. I don't recal if it always got hot or this is new.
2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the aircraft experiences a hard landing before? Also, could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and kindly please refer to the link below to download for you to update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2
2021-8-27
Use props
KenDuke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50837 ft
United States

DJI, do you even read the posts?  Or just post a pre-written message with a few changes?

The guy can't even connect to the drone, let alone install new firmware.
Sorry, I'm just a bit on edge!
2021-8-28
Use props
marcello7x
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 21:29
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please confirm if the aircraft experiences a hard landing before? Also, could you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Assistant 2 software on your computer and kindly please refer to the link below to download for you to update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft? Please keep us posted. Thank you!

https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/assistant-dji-2

DJI Assistant installed, uninstalled and reinstalled on Mac. Installed once only on a PC. Both connect to the remote without a problem, indicating the software is installed properly and the drivers are installed properly. The drone will not connect to either. On the PC in device manager I can see that the drone rapidly tries to connect and quickly disconnects.

No I cannot connect to anything in order to update firmware.
No I literally had the drone stored safely for a year. Started flying it a couple of weeks ago to record progress on a construction project and have not had any hard landings. The drone was connected without a problem on my office desk when it lost connection and stopped working.
2021-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

marcello7x Posted at 8-28 20:07
DJI Assistant installed, uninstalled and reinstalled on Mac. Installed once only on a PC. Both connect to the remote without a problem, indicating the software is installed properly and the drivers are installed properly. The drone will not connect to either. On the PC in device manager I can see that the drone rapidly tries to connect and quickly disconnects.

No I cannot connect to anything in order to update firmware.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-30
Use props
marcello7x
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-30 02:41
Thank you for keeping us posted. We're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Sure, only for the diagnosis to be a full core board replacement at a ridiculous cost of $499.
2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

marcello7x Posted at 8-30 10:07
Sure, only for the diagnosis to be a full core board replacement at a ridiculous cost of $499.

Hi there. We're sorry for the trouble. Can you please provide me your case number via PM for me to check? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2021-8-31
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Marcello,
How did you try to connect yor PC/Mac to the drone? via USB or WIFI ? If you tried it via WIFI,did you switched the drone to the WIFI-mode before you turned on the drone?
If not thenn do it and look for the SSID of yor mavic and put in the password.

2021-9-17
Use props
marcello7x
lvl.1

United States

Peterx Posted at 9-17 22:16
Marcello,
How did you try to connect yor PC/Mac to the drone? via USB or WIFI ? If you tried it via WIFI,did you switched the drone to the WIFI-mode before you turned on the drone?
If not thenn do it and look for the SSID of yor mavic and put in the password.

All explained in the original post.
2021-9-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If i understand you right then bot WIFI and USB connection between the PC/Mac and the drone was a big failure?  499 bucks are many woods(money) in your pocket.
2021-9-19
Use props
marcello7x
lvl.1

United States

Basically yes. Since the top core board is cheaper (roughly $85 for oem) I tried replacing it first. Once that didn’t work and saw prices of the lower core board I decided it wasn’t worth salvaging. It’s a shame that a barely used product failed this easily.

I’m occasionally looking for a damaged drone for sale locally to potentially piece together a single drone for cheaper.

Before anyone suggests it’s my ability to replace the board that impacted this, I am professionally certified in soldering and have performed it on military and commercial products.
2021-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules