No app updates through Play Store
712 2 2021-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

So I noticed recently that none of DJI's apps on the Google Play Store have been updated since last year; on top of that, the DJI Fly app isn't available at all.

On DJI's website, the latest version of all the apps can be downloaded as APK's, so I'm wondering why these updates and the Fly app haven't been distributed through the Play Store? Most consumers download their apps through there, which means most consumers on Android devices are likely running outdated versions of these apps without knowing it.

It also makes things unnecessarily complicated - I tried installing the Mimo APK, but it just gives me a generic error message that the installation failed. I'm running a Pixel 5 on Android 11, so I'm not sure why this would be.

Really unfortunate that DJI is taking a less consumer friendly approach to app distribution, and I'm just wondering why that is.
2021-8-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for further clarification. As of the moment, you may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Fly app using the APK on our website. Copy and paste the URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the apk, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser on your mobile device then open the file then the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the apk file it is normal that it will not install. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2021-8-27
Use props
Stormageddons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14472 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-27 20:06
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We will coordinate this concern of yours to our designated team for further clarification. As of the moment, you may try to uninstall and reinstall your DJI Fly app using the APK on our website. Copy and paste the URL on the browser of your mobile device then download the apk, once you already download the APK file, please go to the download section on the browser on your mobile device then open the file then the APK will automatically install on your mobile device. Please note that if you will go directly to the storage and press the apk file it is normal that it will not install. Thank you for your understanding and support!
Hi there,

It's the Mimo app I'm having trouble with; I was just pointing out that the Fly app isn't available at all on the Play Store, in addition to updates for other DJI apps not being available. I can't find any explanation for this anywhere.

I followed the steps as you described them prior to making this post. As I said, it pops up with a generic error message that the installation couldn't be completed; that is to say, it was attempted and failed.
2021-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules