Remote controller battery life
7985 5 2021-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoeMB84
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17411 ft
United States

This is a question for all the mavic mini owners out there. Is it normal for the remote controller's battery to be almost dead after flying through two of the three batteries for my mavic mini? The reason I ask is because I looked at the specs of the battery life and it seems it should be two and a half hours. Is there something I'm missing here? Thanks in advance.
2021-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. Can you please confirm if you are using an Android or iOS mobile device? In addition. The built-in battery has a capacity of 2600mAh and a maximum runtime of 4.5 hours when using an iOs device and 1hr and 40minutes when using an Android device. The remote controller charges the Android device with a charging ability of 500 mA@5V. The remote controller automatically charges Android devices. Lastly, hope you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI pilots that currently using the Mavic Mini. Thank you for your support!
2021-8-28
Use props
JoeMB84
lvl.1
United States

Hi Paladin,

Thanks for your reply, I definitely appreciate it. I just realized earlier this morning that I didn't provide the details of the phone that I use, sorry about that. I'm currently using a Google Pixel 2 XL. I am able to confirm that the controller does in fact charge my phone at 5 volts at .5 amps (500 milliamps) by using my little USB tester that I have. I am kind of surprised that with Android phones the controller is only able to last just under an hour and 45 minutes. But I guess I'm okay with that, in the event that I don't need it to charge my phone however, is there a way to disable that? Because I often make sure my phone is fully charged before I fly that way I have one less battery to worry about.
2021-8-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I usually get at least an hour and a half out of the remote controller.  Since I use Android devices I always make sure that the devices are fully charged before I go out to fly.  The remote controller always lasts through 3 full batteries on the Mini for me.  
2021-8-29
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

JoeMB84 Posted at 8-29 03:45
Hi Paladin,

Thanks for your reply, I definitely appreciate it. I just realized earlier this morning that I didn't provide the details of the phone that I use, sorry about that. I'm currently using a Google Pixel 2 XL. I am able to confirm that the controller does in fact charge my phone at 5 volts at .5 amps (500 milliamps) by using my little USB tester that I have. I am kind of surprised that with Android phones the controller is only able to last just under an hour and 45 minutes. But I guess I'm okay with that, in the event that I don't need it to charge my phone however, is there a way to disable that? Because I often make sure my phone is fully charged before I fly that way I have one less battery to worry about.

Welcome to the e-waste that is known as DJI, If you have care-refresh you can send the controller into DJI to be repaired under warranty. No warranty? You can buy the battery itself on ebay for $22 but having done the swap myself it's cheaper and less risky to buy a new controller off ebay for $30.

My second controller gets 2 batteries before it starts to blink, and lasts for all 3, My old controller would be dead before I could finish one flight. It's pretty sad the controller is now a consumable because we can't swap batteries ourselves.
2021-8-29
Use props
JoeMB84
lvl.1
United States

I just added up the time from the flights that I did yesterday and my battery in my remote controller was dead after about 32 minutes. I looked in my phone settings to see if there's a way to not have it charged but I guess the newer version of Android doesn't have that option anymore. DJI, I would recommend in the next firmware update for the controller, to give us the option to turn that option off if we don't need to use it such as our phones being fully charged.
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules