Remote controller shuts off during flight
2990 5 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OscarFrederic
lvl.1

Austria

Hi there,

I have an issue with my remote controller. During the last two flights, the remote controller just shut off after two minutes of flight time. On both flights I made sure that the remote controller had full battery. I can shut it on again, but it takes its time and I was always close to the drone. But I am not sure if can connect to the drone when I am further away. It really concerns me and I dont kow what I can do against it. I obviously have all the newest updates installed. Anyone else with the same issue?

2021-8-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've never had that issue, but based on all your firmware being updated and remote control having a full charge it appears the issue is hardware related.  
2021-8-29
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

How old is the controller, how well does it hold a charge? When my controller was dying it would show all lights solid at the start of my flight, 5 minutes in I would have a low battery warning and only one light would be left flashing on the remote. I would turn the controller off and on again and it would say it had full battery even though it just yelled at me for low battery. It's a design flaw that DJI does not let us disable the part that charges the phone while connected. In my case, when the phone was plugged in to the controller the draw was enough to drop the voltage and cause a low battery alarm, but without the phone connected and no load on the battery it reported the correct voltage.
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there OscarFrederic. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this issue is happening on your DJI Mavic Mini remote controller. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this issue. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-8-29
Use props
djiuser_ZvoBxgzBMRAu
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi mate, has it been resolved. I think I have the same problem
2-27 12:14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_ZvoBxgzBMRAu Posted at 2-27 12:14
Hi mate, has it been resolved. I think I have the same problem

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. I'm afraid you need to send the units back to DJI for diagnosis. You can submit a Repair Request on the DJI website or use this link: https://repair.dji.com/. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience. Have a great day ahead.
2-27 21:36
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules