DJI APP Shuts off
1488 5 2014-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
texaco28ed
New

United States

Hi All, HELP PLEASE!!!   
  My DJI App disappears when I CSC my P2V+.  It just shuts down.  I touch the app and it won't restart.  I can connect and it works perfectly until I CSC.  Camera works, it even videos and continues to video when it disappears.  It does not work in FPV either.  So what I'm saying is that I can't see., even though I can fly.  I need to keep it in sight.  Ground station will work till it I hiy go, it then disappears.  I am using a ASUS Nexus 7 android tablet.  The new controller.  I reset the tablet to factory specs, reinstalled the App.  It did nothing.  I switched back to my old controller - it did nothing.  I installed the app on my daughters iphone, same thing, it disappeared.  Help Please, I have 12 flights on this.  All the firmware is up to date!!!   Ed
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm a little confused; do you mean that the DJI App running on your Android closes and you return to the Android home screen when you CSC?

When this happens, do you notice if the task is still listed or has the app left memory and is no longer a running task?

Odd that is also happens on the iPhone; that suggests an issue with the Phantom but I can't say that I've heard of this before.

One more question; are you using the official DJI App (aka, from DJI)?  I have to ask since there is a hacked-up version where a person has decompiled the app and made changes.
2014-11-26
Use props
texaco28ed
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-27 07:04
I'm a little confused; do you mean that the DJI App running on your Android closes and you return to ...

I'm sorry.  I don't know how to tell if the task is still listed!  Can you help me with that and tell me how to tell.  I think it just leaves memory.  I'm using the official DJI App.  
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

On an Android device, depending on the device you can either press or press and hold one of the soft buttons at the bottom of the screen.  On my Android phone I press what appears to be 2 boxes, one behind the other and it will show all running apps.  On my LG Android tablet I press and hold the middle button that looks like a house.

Once you do that you will see a listing (usually with small images of the screens) in some list form and you can select one to bring it forward.  If the app went to the background then it will appear in the list and you can bring it to front.

On the iPhone you press the button 2 times and it will show a side-scrolling list of running apps and you can scroll side-to-side to see the apps.

I don't expect it is running but if it happened to go to the background it may be something different than a crash.
2014-11-26
Use props
texaco28ed
New

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-11-27 08:42
On an Android device, depending on the device you can either press or press and hold one of the soft ...

Thanks Kenargo.  I'm getting frustrated and gonna take the rest of the evening relaxing.  Have a nice day tomoorrow!!  Thank You
2014-11-26
Use props
kenargo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

texaco28ed@gmai Posted at 2014-11-27 09:58
Thanks Kenargo.  I'm getting frustrated and gonna take the rest of the evening relaxing.  Have a n ...

Take care and enjoy your day!  Hope all works out.
2014-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules