1413 15 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As the title says, do any of you have or know of such a device, its for my DJI goggles (v1)
Preferably one that's been around for awhile and around the 10'' mark, thanks

Or, would my Note 20 Ultra be able to do it using an adapter? that can connect to a TV using an HDMI adapter
Damnit, that was a stupid idea lol
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Hope that you could get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI Pilots here in Forum. Thank you for your valued support, Bashy. Take care always!
2021-8-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Does anyone know if this would work, from the controller to USB C (Note 20 Ultra) and to HDMI (goggles), please?
2021-8-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-29 20:24
Does anyone know if this would work, from the controller to USB C (Note 20 Ultra) and to HDMI (goggles), please?

I have one coming on Wednesday, only way to find out is to buy it I spose, can always send it back if it doesn't work

I Will update when I know more...
2021-8-30
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

We appreciate your effort.
2021-8-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-30 17:42
I have one coming on Wednesday, only way to find out is to buy it I spose, can always send it back if it doesn't work

I Will update when I know more...

Aloha Bashy,

Ditto on Doug's comment!  I hope it works!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 8-31 01:22
Aloha Bashy,

Ditto on Doug's comment!  I hope it works!

Failed miserably, well, if the goggles were DEX compliant it would have worked, it kept on showing the DEX desktop in the goggles but would then disconnect.

When it disconnected i could see the fly app in the goggles but not at any point could I get the Live View to show in them.

Back to the drawing board, this item is going back...

EDIT, before I send it back, I'm gonna get a USB C to USB 3.0 OTG adapter to see if I can get output from the USB 3.0 side of things as I think the USB C socket on that adapter is only for power, not data as required, so bare with....
2021-9-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well, that last idea also failed, I can get the fly app to show in the goggles using USB C to HDMI but obviously, that's not with live view.
No matter the combination I tried, I could not get any output from the controller to anything other than the phone.
I tried using the splitter mentioned above,
Controller to goggles USB C to HDMI = nothing at all
Controller to goggles USBC to USB 3.0 to HDMI = nothing at all
I tried variations of the above using various adapters, one was the official Samsung USB C to USB Mini then to HDMI = nothing at all

Theres no way the controller will output to the goggles, that's deffo a fact
And i cannot see any way of sharing the phone's screen with the goggles whilst the phone is receiving from the controller,
the phone would need to be able to RX and TX at the same time, and i tried numerous combinations and couldn't get it to do it.

If the goggles were dex compliant then that would have been one way.
The other way is how Ken Heron has done it, but I'm not sure if its worth all those cables :/

So to sum up, failed!!
2021-9-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Any thoughts on this wee gem?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWV66BZ/?tag=flexg-20
It says here that its 64bit support
2021-9-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-4 17:13
Any thoughts on this wee gem?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YWV66BZ/?tag=flexg-20
It says here that its 64bit support

I'm not impressed with the screen resolution, not even HD. No idea about the rest.
2021-9-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-4 18:24
I'm not impressed with the screen resolution, not even HD. No idea about the rest.

10 Inch IPS HD Display

Tango comes with a 10 inch IPS HD bright display, allowing you to enjoy entertainment with vivid colors from any angle. It aims to maximize your movie-watching (YouTube, Netflix and more!) and gaming experience. Our display technology works well with the built-in 5 megapixel back camera and will help you capture all the important moments of your life.

Bare in mind though, this isn't a tablet for viewing on as it would be switched to the goggles as soon as its airborn
2021-9-4
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-4 19:36
10 Inch IPS HD Display

Tango comes with a 10 inch IPS HD bright display, allowing you to enjoy entertainment with vivid colors from any angle. It aims to maximize your movie-watching (YouTube, Netflix and more!) and gaming experience. Our display technology works well with the built-in 5 megapixel back camera and will help you capture all the important moments of your life.

The specs do not indicate HD. It says 1280*800. Close enough for you maybe. Not for me.
2021-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 9-5 06:37
The specs do not indicate HD. It says 1280*800. Close enough for you maybe. Not for me.

You're missing the whole point of the tablet, it would be just to work the goggles, that's all.
Its a cheapo tablet though so it is putting me off thinking about getting one

Edit: 1280x720 is HD, its not full HD mind but it deffo is HD
2021-9-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 9-5 06:58
You're missing the whole point of the tablet, it would be just to work the goggles, that's all.
Its a cheapo tablet though so it is putting me off thinking about getting one

But it does NOT say that the HDMI putput is any higher. I see a lot of complaints about the video resolution. If you don't need hi res, do it. Also don't ask for comments if you don't want unfavorable ones.
2021-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow, hostile much?

You said it wasn't HD, when it clearly is, that's all I was pointing out.

Your replies were unfavourable, yes but only because they were factually incorrect, nothing more, and nothing less.I never said I don't want replies, you've just come out with that statement for no reason other than cause I corrected your statement, that's sad and to be honest, I dont need that sort of blather so yeah, now I actually am saying I don't want your replies, my conversation ends here, on any threads, ya attitude stinks to be honest. Good day sir.

2021-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have found this adapter, it differs from the rest purely because there are 2 x USB-C outputs, where one is PD only, the other is data thats why the other adapter wouldn't work, there was nothing saying it was power only.

The downside with this new adapter is that it's from Wish and probably at least a month to arrive and probably stung with about an extra £10 for VAT, import duty and PO handling charge, so a long wait and quite expensive for something I would have to keep whether it worked for this purpose or not.

I do think that for it to output to the goggles, that the input needs to go from the phone then split to the goggles and controller, and that's where the adapter would need to work both ways and I am not sure, any thoughts?
2021-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules