New DJI FPV firmware released (08/30/2021)
12Next >
24013 43 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.08.30
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.02.0020
  • Goggles Firmware: v01.02.0020
  • Remote Controller firmware: v01.02.0000
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.4.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.4.8

What’s New?
  • Optimized flight safety.

Notes:
  • Restart the aircraft, remote controller, and goggles after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various flight parameters such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance. Before updating, take note of your preferred settings and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, goggles, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series), and retry.

2021-8-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

c
2021-8-29
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

thank you for this info DJI team...
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Frontliner 2020 Posted at 8-29 19:40
thank you for this info DJI team...

Hello there Frontliner 2020. Thank you for the reply and your are very much welcome. Have safe and a happy flying always.
2021-8-29
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-29 19:41
Hello there Frontliner 2020. Thank you for the reply and your are very much welcome. Have safe and a happy flying always.

Is there a battery update too? : )
2021-8-29
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 8-29 19:54
Is there a battery update too? : )

No battery updates.
2021-8-30
Use props
wow420
lvl.1
Czechia

Thanks for the update

Anyone noticed anything after updating? With this info it feel like a wasting of time even launching the app to update. Wondering if the beyond thing still working
2021-8-30
Use props
jimmylee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>
United States

Optimized flight safety?  Can we get a little more info here so we know what to expect?

Sounds like making the drone more restrictive!
2021-8-30
Use props
BramSchats
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2025817 ft
Netherlands

+1 for additional information!
2021-8-30
Use props
KerryG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's about the least descriptive release note I have ever seen.
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_90GiHJXBXaGU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288707 ft
United States

How is flight safety optimized? Last time I tried updating the fpv drone I ended up losing a diy quad.
2021-8-30
Use props
manc01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96880 ft
Australia

The one thing that a lot of us want is the ability to not have to rebind to our air units after using the FPV quad. Is this ever going to be fixed? I am guessing that it has not been resolved in this firmware update.
2021-8-30
Use props
dji_MODDER
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

DJI FPV update 01.02.0020 does NOTHING except changing the certificate mechanism. DO NOT UPDATE! You can stay on your current firmware indefinetly if you want to enjoy the hacks
2021-8-30
Use props
djiuser_HS7klGFInOEn
New

Belarus

Optimized flight safety. - can you give us the history of the commits so that we ourselves can figure out what kind of s*t you programmed there?
2021-8-31
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

wow420 Posted at 8-30 03:28
Thanks for the update

Anyone noticed anything after updating? With this info it feel like a wasting of time even launching the app to update. Wondering if the beyond thing still working

2021-8-31
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

Seriously?

the DJI FPV has been out for nearly 6 months, and has had almost no improvements... a 'first' for a DJI drone?

yet, to mark the 6 months , you release an update with "Optimized flight safety"
what's this mean? it wasn't safe before?  how does it make it safer?, for whom?

I was impressed when I bought my DJI Air with the level of support DJI gave over the months and years.
but for some reason the DJI FPV has just been completely ignored in terms of development, even though you have had plenty of feedback from your users on how it could have been improved.
even if you do make a DJI FPV v2... why would anyone believe you would support it any better?

that's not to say, I don't like the DJI FPV... I do like it a lot, but the lack of updates for a product in a new 'sector' is extremely disappointing.
(e.g. camera improvements? flight performance?  ... are you saying nothing could be done to tweak and improve these after 6 months of feedback?)

2021-8-31
Use props
DougcJohn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1353609 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started a replacement FPV from a warranty repair. New FPV was fresh and had message to update & activate at the get-go before anything else. I didn’t gain full access to new drone until after all the firmware updates: goggles & fpv. So it’s on the newest FW,  @old crow comment, so after activation & updates can it be downgraded via DJI asst? Should I be considering a down grade?

Have a 2nd FPV, that’s been the active flyer. I’ll have to see how the update is presented to it, May avoid for now.
2021-8-31
Use props
Unused
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6336594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here I am thinking prop manufacturers can get their numbers in the pitch in sync gemfans being one of them 466 means 4.6 not 3.6

And now we are arrive at the most The software update so loose of a term has no cohesion why not just say we fix for you something okay
2021-9-1
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

It's cool DJI is fixing things than leaving it alone w/ bugs.  The better it flies internally the better.
2021-9-1
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Please !  Be more detailed - what does "optimized flight safety" mean?

What exactly was added to make flight more safe?  Battery life?  Sensors?

I will "Wait" this firmware out until I see feedback from users.  

I'm always cautious with DJI firmware updates.  The firmware history has not been positive - From the Phantom 4 firmware fiasco, then the Inspire 2 - so called "improved flight experience"..... both firmwares were a disaster.

The saying goes - if its not broken, don't fix it.
2021-9-1
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

Joecos Posted at 9-1 07:44
Please !  Be more detailed - what does "optimized flight safety" mean?

What exactly was added to make flight more safe?  Battery life?  Sensors?

there are some hacks to remove NFZ and  500m Limitations. Also Permanent FCC Mode or Root Access to Drone. With this Update they try to stop these hacks.

For the normal Useres with using no hacks nothing change...
2021-9-1
Use props
luciens
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

COLDFusion Posted at 9-1 10:59
there are some hacks to remove NFZ and  500m Limitations. Also Permanent FCC Mode or Root Access to Drone. With this Update they try to stop these hacks.

Sounds like a high risk/zero benefit update. Not going near this one with a 10 foot pole…..
2021-9-1
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Thank You for the info!

Nope - Not gonna do it!
2021-9-1
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

I would like more info on this. PM me please if you have anything to share
2021-9-2
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

RE: New DJI FPV firmware released (08/30/2021)

@COLDFusion where is this detailed?

seems like an odd thing for DJI to want to jump on , rather than just quietly include at a future date.

but this kind of highlights a couple of 'worrying' points about this update.

as a developer, you really dont put out updates like this unless you have to... the optics are pretty bad.
(esp, using terms like 'Optimised Flight Safety' , which you know are going to be interpreted as 'bugs in flight safety')

usually, these kind of changes you would try to bury, with a few nice 'user facing' updates, new features/improvements, and perhaps not even mention flight safety or the changes.
(user facing changes dont need to be big, DJI are quite happy to include tiny things under grand titles like 'improved flight performance')

so not only did they think this was important enough that it need to go out now... on its own.
and also very likely, they have little to no plans on another released in the near future containing changes thats users have asked for, or ffind appealing.

... this is basically 101 release management, that even a junior developer knows.

so.. basically, looks like DJI are at best in 'maintenence' mode on the DJI FPV,
thats pretty damning if its true - for a product thats 6 months old, and virtual no user facing updates, and is a in new product sector.
.. it does not bode well.

ok, to not end on a negative note, but to be optimistic... (though frankly, I fear unlikely)
the other thing that can happen in software development, is you are working on some major updates.
and then an 'issue' crops up that is important enough, that it cannot wait for the next major release.
so you have to put it out, even though you cannot included any of the new features yet.

its a bit grabbing at straws, esp. these days when we use features branches etc...
but if you want hope, I'll throw this bone out there ;)

2021-9-2
Use props
COLDFusion
lvl.3
Flight distance : 279583 ft
Germany

thetechnobear Posted at 9-2 06:31

i dont think DJI give detailed Infos what they changed in that Firmware. Then it would be easy to hack again and then the complete new Firmware would be useless....
2021-9-2
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 9-2 06:31

Just my opinion.....

DJI has been so busy pushing NEW products out.    Seems like they have neglected the support side of their older / previously released products.

Focus is on new revenue $$$

2021-9-2
Use props
KREMi
lvl.4
  • >>>
Poland

so it's rumored:
change some certificates, so hack to remove max. altitude + NFZ will not work
FCC hack still should work
IMHO it's not a bad thing for normal pilots!
but I fully agree, that shi... changelog "optimise something" is not a proper way to communicate with Your customers. And ppl who use bad hacks, will skip it anyway.
also from what I can see, there is still option to downgrade. So some honesty with customers and better communications please!
2021-9-3
Use props
fans5f13295b
New

Kazakhstan

Hi
I struggle with firmware update for goggles. It fails by 87%. Restart gives no results. Please help with advice
2021-9-4
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KREMi Posted at 9-3 13:33
so it's rumored:
change some certificates, so hack to remove max. altitude + NFZ will not work
FCC hack still should work

FCC 5.8GHz with Yagis, w/ mad interference even while changing channels results in the signal not working even when only like 500m away.  I have 2.4GHz Yagis coming in to see.  Just incase I need to go to an area, I don't have to relocate.  Just change to 2.4GHz Yagis and hopefully it should work.  Some people have powerful Wifi transmitters above US allowable spec.  Rather than assume or investigating what is happening, just find a workaround then leave.

Mavic 2 is my commercial drone.  If I'm flying recreationally I don't fly out where I lose signal unless the situation is important to see from that perspective then I need to try to make it (do what you gotta do) happen.  All my other drones are 5.8GHz patch/yagi/circular or stock.
2021-9-5
Use props
Rha
lvl.2
United States

thetechnobear Posted at 8-31 14:38
Seriously?

the DJI FPV has been out for nearly 6 months, and has had almost no improvements... a 'first' for a DJI drone?

Exactly what I was thinking
2021-9-19
Use props
ClassicShooter
lvl.2

United States

Unless someone else knows of a fix, I would like to see a fix that would allow me to change max altitude to 400 feet.
2021-9-28
Use props
djiuser_hcrdVSeCpyW8
New

Australia

My FPV automatically goes into return to home mode about 1 minute after the first take off.  
Is anyone else having the same issue.
I’ve checked and apparently the firmware is up to date.
Thanks in advance.
2021-10-1
Use props
digibud
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

update failure

An hour+ with tech support, trying to understand their accent, working to get the DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware resulted in "Sorry, you'll have to send them in".  These are new goggles purchased a while ago with old firmware refused to update. Another pair is continuing to show a blank screen randomly (rarely but unacceptably often) which could cause a crash where I can't physically get to my drone. Two pair of goggles, both requiring they be sent in for repair. The blank screen set are up to date on firmware which the tech support person thought "should" have taken care of the known blank screen issue. Next week I cross my fingers on a trip with hotels booked for drone flying. If the drone is not lost on that trip I'll send in the goggles. Sigh.
2021-11-2
Use props
TheViking
lvl.1

Norway

Hi All.
I've just bought one DJI FPV Combo with very old firmware 01.00.xx
This is my first attempt to figure out how to update, (which app offers to select a version?)
Then, living in a mountain-area, I too may need the >500m hack as I can easily fly that lagally.
So.. how can I upgrade from 01.00.xx to something just short of this 01.02.0020 ?
Update: DJI Fly APP (Android) does not react to connection, but the phone sees the goggles as a MTP device.
Thank you
2021-11-17
Use props
djiuser_pAJfJcrA4Mty
lvl.1

Serbia

Hi, I have a problem. After FW update FPV drone, remote and googles and update "Optimized flight safety" in my googles I have info 'fly safe database error' I repeated several times complete ubdate with both MAC and PC but without success. Today 25 November 2021 after the update this problem occurred.
2021-11-25
Use props
fans4708eef2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_pAJfJcrA4Mty Posted at 11-25 12:46
Hi, I have a problem. After FW update FPV drone, remote and googles and update "Optimized flight safety" in my googles I have info 'fly safe database error' I repeated several times complete ubdate with both MAC and PC but without success. Today 25 November 2021 after the update this problem occurred.

Same here. I have 2 units both bricked, after upgrading.
2021-11-28
Use props
userfd9cf592f6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 692602 ft
  • >>>
United States

'fly safe database error'  No fix yet ?
2021-11-30
Use props
fans4708eef2
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

userfd9cf592f6 Posted at 11-30 17:55
'fly safe database error'  No fix yet ?

Unfortunately no..
2021-12-1
Use props
djole.extreme
lvl.1

Serbia

DJI FPV you haven't solved the problem yet, many of us have lost our scheduled jobs, I'm not surprised! I only use your products but when a software problem occurs I get cold sweat because I know how "important" consumers are to you
2021-12-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules