Return To Home Question
350 4 2021-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Hi. I have a question concerning RTH. How far away from the home point does the drone have to be for the RTH to elevate the drone to the preset RTH height? I know that if that distance isn't far enough away the drone will just fly back to the home point at the height that the drone is at when the RTH function is initiated. Thanks for refreshing my memory on this subject.
2021-8-29
Use props
dreamergr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047251 ft
Greece

The drone needs to be at least  50m from the home point where the RTH goes up. If its higher if I remember correct it will stay up there and go back till its on top of the Home Point. Then it will begin the decent.
Im 99% sure that!
2021-8-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Selah1234. Good day and thank you for reaching out. After flying the DJI Mavic Air 2 for 50 m : If the said DJI Mavic Air 2 is less that 50 m from the Home Point, it flies back to the Home Point at the current altitude. If the said DJI drone is further than 50 m from the Home Point and the current altitude is higher than the present RTH altitude, it flies back to the Home Point at the current altitude. If the said DJI drone id further than 50 m from the Home Point and the current altitude is lower than the present RTH altitude, it ascends to the present RTH altitude and then flies back to the Home Point. Thank you.
2021-8-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's the kind of information you should be able to find for yourself, rather than depending on whatever people might say.
Inc ase you haven't worked it out already, the manual if full of relevant information like what you were asking about.
Here it is:
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nual_v1.6_enIII.pdf

See p13 for the answer to the question you asked.
2021-8-29
Use props
Selah1234
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67221 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-29 22:29
That's the kind of information you should be able to find for yourself, rather than depending on whatever people might say.
Inc ase you haven't worked it out already, the manual if full of relevant information like what you were asking about.
Here it is:

Hi. Sorry to inconvenience you. Thanks for the help.
2021-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules