821 4 2021-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mozingopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is an issue I experienced in parts of downtown Cleveland (mostly near the Cuyahoga River). What would cause this to happen?

The video link below is from my flight log of the last flight with my Inspire 2 before the drone crashed. Notice the red arrow (which is the Inspire 2), how it spins around as I take off. It is like the GPS (or compass) goes backward or something. You can see my controller input in the bottom left. The Inspire 2 was replaced after this crash.

Using a brand new Inspire 2, the video link below is a flight prior to the brand new Inspire 2 going out of control. Notice how the arrow stays straight and doesn’t deviate unless I am manipulating the controls.

This final video shows the flight where the Inspire 2 started to have a fly away. I was able to grab the gimbal in mid-air before a crash happened and kill the motors. Notice the arrow spins around in a circle as I’m taking off as if everything becomes backward and uncontrollable just like the first Inspire 2 crash.

It's a fast "WTF is happening" moment as you try to move the sticks, hoping that you regain control. I never tried to throw it in ATTI mode when this happens though. I assume that is the best course of action? Then once landed, re-calibrate the compass again?

I should also note...each fly-away happened after changing batteries. I had completed a compass calibration before I took off on my initial first flight successfully. I have sets “A” through “E” in batteries and set “A” flew fine on both drones for the first flight. The 2nd set (“B”) was how each fly away started.

I wonder if it’s a firmware inconsistency on the batteries? I’ve had the same batteries since I bought the drone (circa 2017).

2021-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there mozingopj. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Inspire 2 and thank you for sharing these information with us as well.  Since this unfortunate incident happened to your DJI Inspire 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2021-8-30
Use props
mozingopj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 982743 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-30 20:45
Hello there mozingopj. I am sorry to read and to know about your DJI Inspire 2 and thank you for sharing these information with us as well.  Since this unfortunate incident happened to your DJI Inspire 2. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.

Ok, thank you!
2021-9-1
Use props
Joecos
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Curious as to which firmware version did you have on craft/batteries ???
2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there mozingopj. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other concerns or any inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you.
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules