Inspire 2 with X7 camera bricked after firmware update
1513 0 2021-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FPV Thailand
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1206775 ft
Thailand

While starting up the drone, a firmware mismatch notice appeared.
This happened after I updated the Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X7s from Firmware .0300 to Firmware V01.02.0500. the firmware failed to update.
The Failed to Update error code is 0x02c103 or code 0x02010603 on the DJI Go 4 app.

If I skip the update and "Go Fly" I get "Camera Sensor error".
I have tried updating with DJI Go 4 and with DJI Assistant 2 both on my macbook and iMac.
I also tried rolling back to the V01.02.0400 firmware.

I have tried all of the suggestions I can find in forums. I was having no issues prior to the firmware update, the drone was flying great and the image on the camera was really good.

I sent the drone and camera package to the local DJI service center. They said a cable is broken and asked permission to change. I explained it was their bad firmware update that bricked the camera but they insisted it was the cable. I told them to go ahead and order the cable since in the end is it was only about $100,-USD to change it. After many weeks the cable finally arrived but it didn't help and there is still no image.... Now they're saying I have to replace the main controller board which costs over S1,000.- USD which I don't want to pay! I lost my trust in DJI to diagnoze the problem and believe the solution is software related. The problem appeared immediately after the firmware update, when I restarted the drone there was no more image from the camera but a black screen.

I have been flying DJI for many years and still own a few different models and this hasn't been the first time I had problems after firmware updates! DJI should have never stated the update was REQUIRED and should take responsibility for their bad updates. I created a support ticket a few days ago but untill now not even a single reply...ugh

2021-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules