Upgrade s1 / Ep core
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Niko84
lvl.1
France

Hello, At the present time, is it possible to buy elements of the robotmaster ep core to upgrade the S1 such as the sensor adapter modules found in the 4 corners of the ep core robot? Thank you

Bonjour,
A l'heure actuelle est il possible d'acheter des elements du robotmaster ep core pour upgrade le S1 telle que les modules adaptateur de capteur que l'on retrouve dans les 4 angles du robot ep core ?
Merci
1Capture.PNG
2021-8-30
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

If you can find the parts, it is possible (I know someone that did that with some specific parts). You would also need the SDk hack to be able to do anything with them.
2021-8-31
Use props
Niko84
lvl.1
France

the official sale on the improvement website would still be welcome given all the new features of the EP core without necessarily buying the new model in full
2021-8-31
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Niko84 Posted at 8-31 05:32
the official sale on the improvement website would still be welcome given all the new features of the EP core without necessarily buying the new model in full

It would, but that is not the current reality. DJI does not support EP-specific stuff in the S1.
2021-9-1
Use props
DrBees
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85787 ft
United States

BGA Posted at 9-1 05:48
It would, but that is not the current reality. DJI does not support EP-specific stuff in the S1.

You mean besides the official EP assembly guide saying to add the chassis to the S1

https://youtu.be/J2-EiRKzMuQ?t=15
2021-9-5
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

DrBees Posted at 9-5 15:04
You mean besides the official EP assembly guide saying to add the chassis to the S1

They obviously changed their mind (or they had a snafu on that video). But you do not need to believe me. Just try yourself to contact DJI and ask for EP parts to connect to your S1 and see their answer. In fact, you do not even need that. There is no S1 firmware that includes the SDK support that is required to control and use the extra accessories in the EP so even if you got the parts and assembled them correctly, they would be useless without a hack.

2021-9-8
Use props
DrBees
lvl.1
United States

BGA Posted at 9-8 05:41
They obviously changed their mind (or they had a snafu on that video). But you do not need to believe me. Just try yourself to contact DJI and ask for EP parts to connect to your S1 and see their answer. In fact, you do not even need that. There is no S1 firmware that includes the SDK support that is required to control and use the extra accessories in the EP so even if you got the parts and assembled them correctly, they would be useless without a hack.

I didnt mean I dont believe you i was just very annoyed at the time that the SDK is not supported. I didnt find out until after i bought it. So on top of that having their official video allude there's minimal difference with the body compounded my irritation.
2021-10-30
Use props
LiamW
New

United States

I was told directly by DJI when ordering the S1 last year in December that we could expand it to add the arm at a later date. Now it appears I'm in the same position as you, wanting the arm but unable to add it. Very frustrating. The canon is obnoxious and jams all the time. We only purchased the S1 because we were informed that we could expand to the EP Spec later.
I've also seen a video of a front mounted robotic arm for the S1, do you know if that is available instead of the EP Arm?
2021-11-29
Use props
Tanky McTank Face
lvl.1
New Zealand

There is negligible if any physical hardware differences between the base chassis of the EP and the S1 with the same mounting points appearing on both models, same motors, same controllers. The only difference I myself have been able to identify is software.
2021-12-1
Use props
Dr.Bees
lvl.1
United States

Tanky McTank Face Posted at 12-1 17:33
There is negligible if any physical hardware differences between the base chassis of the EP and the S1 with the same mounting points appearing on both models, same motors, same controllers. The only difference I myself have been able to identify is software.

Exactly, the S1 only supports the turret but the EP supports both. I would actually have bought an EP but i didnt want to buy it from EBAY an i thought the S1 turret would be fun anyways. Hell i would have bought a second intelligent controller if i had to sadly. they even have this kinda image on the site i dont even know if thats possible without rooting.

2021-12-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

BGA Posted at 2021-8-31 05:26
If you can find the parts, it is possible (I know someone that did that with some specific parts). You would also need the SDk hack to be able to do anything with them.

2022-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules