iPad Prod 11 (2nd Gen) won't work with Phantom 4 Pro
2934 15 2021-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BuzKiller
lvl.1
Flight distance : 713478 ft
United States

I am not able to connect my iPad Pro 11 (2nd Gen) to Phantom 4 Pro - I have a USB C from my iPad to the USB on the controller, but the status shows "Disconnected" - what is the problem? NOTE that I used to be able to connect my old iPad from the fire to the USB on the controller, but I do not have that iPad anymore - please help
2021-8-31
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881798 ft
United States

Ive vacuumed the charging hole on the ipad and cleaned the charging plug with a little bit of rubbing alcohol when ive had that problem. Also have had a cable go bad before.
2021-8-31
Use props
BuzKiller
lvl.1
United States

Larry+DarrelX2 Posted at 8-31 07:54
Ive vacuumed the charging hole on the ipad and cleaned the charging plug with a little bit of rubbing alcohol when ive had that problem. Also have had a cable go bad before.

And you connected with the iPad Pro 11 (2nd Gen)?
2021-8-31
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, BuzKiller. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you like to tell me the system versions of your iPad Pro and DJI GO4, the firmware version of your controller and aircraft? We would like to further assist you in resolving the issue.
2021-8-31
Use props
BuzKiller
lvl.1
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro:
Aircraft is version 01.05.0600
Remote version is 01.04.01.00
I also have an iPad Pro 11"  2nd Generation - model number: MY2X2LL/A
2021-9-27
Use props
BuzKiller
lvl.1
United States

BuzKiller Posted at 8-31 08:15
And you connected with the iPad Pro 11 (2nd Gen)?

I guess not...
2021-9-27
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

BuzKiller Posted at 9-27 15:37
I have a DJI Phantom 4 Pro:
Aircraft is version 01.05.0600
Remote version is 01.04.01.00

Hi, there. Sorry to hear about your experience. Here are some tips for you to try.
First, you can remove the SD card and relink the drone.
If it is invalid, check whether the DJI Go 4 has been updated to the latest version.
If the issue persists, record the linking process and visit https://www.dji.com/support to contact DJI Support.
2021-9-27
Use props
BuzKiller
lvl.1
United States

That didn't work and DJI support was no help -
2021-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BuzKiller Posted at 9-28 05:29
That didn't work and DJI support was no help -

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please change to another supported device and try again? Also, we want to confirm that what is the system version of your iPad Pro 11.
2021-9-28
Use props
BuzKiller
lvl.1
United States

It works fine with my iPhone and my Wife's iPad - but not does not work with my iPad...
Regarding my iPad's "System Version", if you mean "Software Version", it is 14.8.
I can't use my iPhone since the display is too small, and can't use my Wife's iPad, because she needs it...
2021-9-28
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BuzKiller Posted at 9-28 19:27
It works fine with my iPhone and my Wife's iPad - but not does not work with my iPad...
Regarding my iPad's "System Version", if you mean "Software Version", it is 14.8.
I can't use my iPhone since the display is too small, and can't use my Wife's iPad, because she needs it...

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. We would like to confirm that how did the indicator light of the controller show? Could you please upload a video for us?  Will the controller beep when APP prompts "disconnected"?
2021-9-29
Use props
fiqry317
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hello, my iPad Pro (iPadOS Ver 16.0) won’t detect DJI Phantom 4 Advance. I’m using DJI GO 4 app. The iPad is charging but the DJI GO 4 app shows disconnected.

Here is the screenshot of the app home when connecting iPad to drone controller using this iPad original C to C cable with USB 3.0 to USB-C Adapter.

Below is the picture of my USB 3.0 to USB-C Adapter.
2023-4-12
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6562 ft

Poland

Hello.

I have the same problem. Remote Controller do not connect with iPad Mini 6 with USB-C.

iPad Mini 6 with iOS 16.4.1
Remote Controller GL300C ver. B - latest firmware
DJI Phantom Advanced - latest firmware

Remote Controller work with microUSB only when I restart mobile phone - Android 6.1
Remote Controller work with lightening only when I restart mobile phone - iOS 16.1.1

I do everything. Re-instal app, use adapter, use different cable, charge remote and connect with iPad, restart iPad when cable was connected.

What should I do NOW?

I need immediately iPad mini 6 with RC

If the problem is not resolved within 3 days please give me RC that will work with iPad Mini 6.

Regards,

Bartłomiej
2023-4-19
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

The truth is simple.

DJI Phantom 4 series is dead and they don't see the need for firmware update and usb-c compatibility.

If you want to use the Phantom 4 series, only use what else works with the controller.

USB-C? - Forget user.

Micro-USB or Lightening? - Remember user.
2023-4-19
Use props
Shawgod
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5173104 ft
United States

I have the same problem with my iPad mini 6.  It too uses the USB C port.
2023-4-20
Use props
Bartłomiej
lvl.2

Poland

DJI has been trying to fix the USB-C issue since 11.2021 r.
The iPad mini 6 was presented on 9.2021 r.
The last Phantom 4 Pro V1 / Advanced firmware update is from 2020 r.
Now we have 2023 r.
For me, this is DJI's clear answer to user needs.
2023-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules