349 9 2021-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 354386 ft
Austria

Hi,
Just had a small crash and DJI mini 2 went down from half a meter.

Is there any serious damage I could cause?

P.S. only gimbal looks a bit wierd.
Gimbal calibration goes fine, horizont seems to be fine and all movements of the gimbal. But, when I power it off and flip the mini top down, gimbal seems to colide with this walls.
Is this normal or I potentially damaged ruber holders?

I checked two od them, they look good. The inner(front ones) I cant really see.

Screenshot_20210901-185652_Gallery.jpg
2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI Mini 2 and now you are having this issue on the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said matter. Again I am sorry and thank you.
2021-9-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is normal as far as I can tell. Mine does the same thing. If you are in doubt, it is not very hard to remove the top cover and inspect. If you break the cover, do not worry much, they are cheap to replace.
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz
lvl.2
Austria

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-1 19:18
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before on your DJI Mini 2 and now you are having this issue on the said DJI Drone. It would be best to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said matter. Again I am sorry and thank you.

Hi Stephen, as its not damaged anyhow I would not contact DJI support.
Everything works normal, there is no even a scratch. It was an indoor use. I save my care refresh for more difficult times.  You agree?
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz
lvl.2
Austria

GaryDoug Posted at 9-1 19:31
That is normal as far as I can tell. Mine does the same thing. If you are in doubt, it is not very hard to remove the top cover and inspect. If you break the cover, do not worry much, they are cheap to replace.

Thank you very much for your help.
Will use care refresh at the later stage
2021-9-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz Posted at 9-1 21:40
Thank you very much for your help.
Will use care refresh at the later stage

The DJI forum gods just give canned responses about repairing damaged drones. That probably does not apply here.
2021-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Inspect the props for any nicks/cracks, run your fingers along the edges, if you find any, replace it or them.
Make sure the motors spin freely and feel the same when testing by hand.
Make sure the gimbal is straight when in the air, even in 20mpg gusts, it should be straight whilst in a hover.

I think ya should be ok in the above issues as it was inside but the props need a once over to make sure they
are ok as its those that hit 1st
2021-9-1
Use props
djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz
lvl.2
Austria

Bashy Posted at 9-1 22:38
Inspect the props for any nicks/cracks, run your fingers along the edges, if you find any, replace it or them.
Make sure the motors spin freely and feel the same when testing by hand.
Make sure the gimbal is straight when in the air, even in 20mpg gusts, it should be straight whilst in a hover.

Hi Bashy,
Props were fine, one had a small scratch from the wall.
So, I replaced them all with new screws.

Gimbal calibrate always and it keeps the horizon.
Also it hovers good and up and down gimbal button works without problems.
No errors at all and no scratches on drone, except the one on already replaced props.
So, I guess I am fine.
I also used mini camera and inspected absorbers. None is broken on gimbal.
Thank you.
2021-9-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ah, ya good to go, take ya 1st flight low for a few minutes, flying inside can be hard, especially through door ways and halls if they are close, the downdraft causes buffeting and can cause it to be a little erratic, only do it if you've loads of room inside...
2021-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_HtuQuZ1XMwkz Posted at 9-1 21:38
Hi Stephen, as its not damaged anyhow I would not contact DJI support.
Everything works normal, there is no even a scratch. It was an indoor use. I save my care refresh for more difficult times.  You agree?

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information that you have given. If you feel that the drone is not preforming well on your future flights. Kindly please contact our DJI support team for further help. Thank you and fly safe always.
2021-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules