Effectiveness of Obstacle Avoidance Sensors at High Speeds
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AJ356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 224446 ft
United States

Some drones currently have several sensors that will move away from an object if it is within a certain distance from it. Obstacle avoidance seems nice, but I want to know at what speeds it becomes ineffective, for I highly doubt that a drone flying in "Sport Mode" at 30 miles per hour will have time to detect something like a tree (or anything else really) and stop, not to mention that its momentum might "push" it forward even after the motors stop spinning the direction it was heading.

I currently don't own any drones with sensors on the sides, front, and/or back, yet I plan to buy one, so I really wish to know more about this. If there's anything wrong I said or anything that can help me understand this topic better, please let me know.

Thanks
2021-9-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In sports mode the sensors are disabled.   
2021-9-1
Use props
AJ356
lvl.4
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-1 23:09
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thank you for that! I'm relatively new to this forum, so I appreciate all suggestions/advice.
2021-9-2
Use props
AJ356
lvl.4
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-1 23:37
In sports mode the sensors are disabled.

Thanks for letting me know!
2021-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AJ356 Posted at 9-2 02:29
Thanks for letting me know!

no probs AJ.  
2021-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

AJ356 Posted at 9-2 02:25
Thank you for that! I'm relatively new to this forum, so I appreciate all suggestions/advice.

You're welcome!
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules