Improving visibility mob/tab attached to Remote Controller
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rattanbir
lvl.2
Flight distance : 190226 ft
India

Greetings!
I’ve seen several videos on YouTube about using a hood over the tablet / mobile attached to the Remote Controller to increase visibility of screen by reducing the ambient light falling on it.
I made a hood and tried it but did not find it useful at all. In fact it increased the hindrance.
The reason for low utility is that the main distraction on the screen is the reflection of the pilot on it and not the ambient light. The only way the reflection can be eliminated is by using a matt screen that gamers use. Once the matt screen is fixed on the mobile screen, the reflection is eliminated and thereafter the hood is not required at all.
I’m sharing the above finding with other new pilots who maybe finding it difficult to fly their drone in bright daylight locations.
Cheers!

2021-9-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Rattanbir. Good day and thank you for sharing these information with us. These information will help a lot of our DJI co pilots having the same issue that you have faced before. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-9-2
Use props
Larry+DarrelX2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 881798 ft
United States

Thank you for the tip. I agree the reflection is the worst part.
2021-9-2
Use props
Rattanbir
lvl.2
India

Montfrooij Posted at 9-2 09:13
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

Thank you so much. Apparently as a novice lvl2 type I cannot access most parts of the forum. Thanks for the link. I'll use it.
Regards
2021-9-2
Use props
Rattanbir
lvl.2
India

Montfrooij Posted at 9-2 09:13
Hi!
That is way more active.

Re your advice above, I have a question.
If I post in Products section after choosing Mavic, will my post be seen only by Mavic owners?
The issue about reflection applies to everybody using a mobile or tablet attached to the remote controller.
Thanks
2021-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rattanbir Posted at 9-2 18:17
Thank you so much. Apparently as a novice lvl2 type I cannot access most parts of the forum. Thanks for the link. I'll use it.
Regards

You should be able to post there!
2021-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rattanbir Posted at 9-2 18:21
Re your advice above, I have a question.
If I post in Products section after choosing Mavic, will my post be seen only by Mavic owners?
The issue about reflection applies to everybody using a mobile or tablet attached to the remote controller.

No, it is not only visible for Mavic owners. (so everyone can see it there)
It is just categorized under the right section.
Plus, the products section is much more active.
2021-9-3
Use props
Rattanbir
lvl.2
India

Montfrooij Posted at 9-3 00:00
No, it is not only visible for Mavic owners. (so everyone can see it there)
It is just categorized under the right section.
Plus, the products section is much more active.

OK Thanks for the guidance. I'll repost it there too.
Regards
2021-9-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Rattanbir Posted at 9-3 00:20
OK Thanks for the guidance. I'll repost it there too.
Regards

You're welcome!
2021-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules