881 4 2021-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_XqEHgLdlQTPZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 823852 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there,
I'm thinking about buying a DJI Air 2S, but I don't know if I should wait until the new UK drone law standards are released for the C1/C2 certifications for the open category.
Does anyone know if it is likely the DJI Air 2S will get a c1 certification retrospectively? Or is it more likely a new mavic air will be released with the C1 certification, once the standards are released?
I'm just not sure if it is worth waiting what could be months for these standards to be released.
Thank you!

2021-9-2
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

I doubt the retrospective thing will ever happen, assume every drone that  it's today on the market, except for the Mini/Mini2/Mini SE will fly on  A3 from 2023 on.

Mavic 3 is coming soon, we'll see if it comes  classified as C1 or not, but from now on, I'm not going to buy any drone  that doesn't come classified, it's less than a year and a half till  2023.  
2021-9-2
Use props
djiuser_UAjY1IoYP6Qi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546558 ft
Poland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 9-2 03:25
I doubt the retrospective thing will ever happen, assume every drone that  it's today on the market, except for the Mini/Mini2/Mini SE will fly on  A3 from 2023 on.

Mavic 3 is coming soon, we'll see if it comes  classified as C1 or not, but from now on, I'm not going to buy any drone  that doesn't come classified, it's less than a year and a half till  2023.

I was told that Air2S will be retrospectively certified. If Mavic 3 will be released soon, it will come also without certification, as there is no legislation ready yet with this regard.
Most probably it will be  done via software update that all qualified drones will get and an additional sticker to put on the drone.
2021-9-2
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

There was an extensive discussion in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=240322&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D768%26typeid%3D768

Summary:
  • If you don't have a drone, get one. There is nothing more expensive than taking the same vacation again or missing out the shots.
  • If the quality of a Mini2 is good enough, prefer this.
  • If you have a drone of acceptable quality like the Mini2, stick to it for the next few months.

Yes, there will be a retro-certification allowed by the legislative bodies. But this does give the vendors the option to do so. If DJI will or will not is in the open. And currently chances are high that it will not be for free. Probably you even need to send it to DJI as the serial number of the drone must be changed.
But all of this is speculation. You might or might not count on it.
2021-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The standards are available already and have been since Christmas,    there seems to be a boycott to actually use them.  In the mean time the Mini2 fits a great loop hole.   Watch Ians video to understand more -
2021-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules